aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi won't open

Hello, I just know about TNC 'till today and I understand that this game was out about 10 years ago.
    But I still want to try to download it.

So far I have no troubles.
    I have changed location to japan, downloaded the game and daemon tools lite, mounted the ccd.
    I tried the "DirectX download" option, but a pop up appeared ( mine is Window 8.1 btw)
    Screenshot (64).png
    So, I downloaded the newer version of DX (DX 11) and chose Game download" option.
    Screenshot (65).png
    I run the game as admin, but nothing happened. The game won't open.
    What should I do? I've struggle to fix this for almost 5 hours and I'm really frustrated.
    Can anyone help me? ;;w;; )

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Akumuri View Post
    Hello, I just know about TNC 'till today and I understand that this game was out about 10 years ago.
    But I still want to try to download it.

So far I have no troubles.
    I have changed location to japan, downloaded the game and daemon tools lite, mounted the ccd.
    I tried the "DirectX download" option, but a pop up appeared ( mine is Window 8.1 btw)
    Screenshot (64).png
    So, I downloaded the newer version of DX (DX 11) and chose Game download" option.
    Screenshot (65).png
    I run the game as admin, but nothing happened. The game won't open.
    What should I do? I've struggle to fix this for almost 5 hours and I'm really frustrated.
    Can anyone help me? ;;w;; )
    First things first: Is your system locale at JP? Sure hope so, and I hope you did not install TnC to the default folder (:C\Program Files\NitroplusChiral). It lessens some problems later on if you did not install TnC to default folder.

If you are in Windows 8, Mount the Togainu No Chi ISO before opening TnC. If it does not work, go to Win 10 solution.

If you are in Windows 10, You need the no-DVD patch to play it. Download it here. (Link provided by Kojichan, I hope I can tag them or something)

https://mega.nz/#!5dYwnDwD!D27r8LJP6...LANBXHrHqveYhc

You need to copy-paste this .exe to replace the TnC original .exe (think of it like a crack).

If you manage to open it, please look at this persisting problem (when game is patched to english, I don't know if this persist in the unpatched JP version), where the game hangs when you encounter a dialog box, and just in case you didn't know it happens. Included in the link how to solve the problem.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...nstall-p7.html
    Last edited by monokuroe; 07-27-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by monokuroe View Post
    First things first: Is your system locale at JP? Sure hope so, and I hope you did not install TnC to the default folder (:C\Program Files\NitroplusChiral). It lessens some problems later on if you did not install TnC to default folder.

If you are in Windows 8, Mount the Togainu No Chi ISO before opening TnC. If it does not work, go to Win 10 solution.

If you are in Windows 10, You need the no-DVD patch to play it. Download it here. (Link provided by Kojichan, I hope I can tag them or something)

You need to copy-paste this .exe to replace the TnC original .exe (think of it like a crack).

If you manage to open it, please look at this persisting problem (when game is patched to english, I don't know if this persist in the unpatched JP version), where the game hangs when you encounter a dialog box, and just in case you didn't know it happens. Included in the link how to solve the problem.

I can open the game now, but the error you mentioned is kinda more serious on my computer orz
    Maybe it doesn't work because I'm using Window 8.

The game opened and run normally until I save or load. It freezed. Completely. It happened sometimes when I left the game for about 5 minutes. I tried to close it from the taskbar but the pop-up, uh, freezed too??
    Either I have to shut down/restart/sign out the computer or I have to uninstall TNC to close it.

I don't mind the save because it still worked fine despite the error, but load, er, not so comfortable. ;;w;; )

Oh, and it does happen to the unpatched JP version too if you needed this information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Akumuri; 07-27-2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: problems

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Akumuri View Post
    I can open the game now, but the error you mentioned is kinda more serious on my computer orz
    Maybe it doesn't work because I'm using Window 8.

The game opened and run normally until I save or load. It freezed. Completely. It happened sometimes when I left the game for about 5 minutes. I tried to close it from the taskbar but the pop-up, uh, freezed too??
    Either I have to shut down/restart/sign out the computer or I have to uninstall TNC to close it.

I don't mind the save because it still worked fine despite the error, but load, er, not so comfortable. ;;w;; )

Oh, and it does happen to the unpatched JP version too if you needed this information.
    That's quite normal, I did tell you that it will happen. Please check the second link of my original post for a work around on "freezing upon save/load"

Though I don't know what about leaving it for 5 minutes and suddenly freezing.

Also, try running TnC.exe under compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3) and as Administrator.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 07-27-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

That's quite normal, I did tell you that it will happen. Please check the second link of my original post for a work around on "freezing upon save/load"

Though I don't know what about leaving it for 5 minutes and suddenly freezing.

Also, try running TnC.exe under compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3) and as Administrator.

Ah, I think I figured out my temporary 'fix' to this. When the game freezed, I opened the the game again as admin this time without closing the freezed game and it continued normally. I tested it a several time and it worked with or without compatibility mode.
    Thank you for your help! I almost gave up. (ノยด∀`)♥

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I managed to get the game to open but it's still in Japanese!! I ran the english patch already after re-installing togainunochi.exe but the language didn't change. :'( is there another patch i have to run?

edit: I have also applied the update patch, but maybe what I'm missing is the script.pak? I don't see it in step.3 o.o
    Last edited by shukshuk; 07-28-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by shukshuk View Post
    I managed to get the game to open but it's still in Japanese!! I ran the english patch already after re-installing togainunochi.exe but the language didn't change. :'( is there another patch i have to run?

edit: I have also applied the update patch, but maybe what I'm missing is the script.pak? I don't see it in step.3 o.o
    Screen shot your whole set of TnC installer so that we can compare. There should be 3 folders in your english patch and the script.pak is inside folder # 3.

If there isn't, redownload your english patch. Also, make sure to follow these steps: Install TnC, Update to 1.01, Patch using Image patch (and make sure that the address where the patch is applied matches to where TnC is installed), then copy over script.pak from folder no. 3 to the game files.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Screen shot your whole set of TnC installer so that we can compare. There should be 3 folders in your english patch and the script.pak is inside folder # 3.

If there isn't, redownload your english patch. Also, make sure to follow these steps: Install TnC, Update to 1.01, Patch using Image patch (and make sure that the address where the patch is applied matches to where TnC is installed), then copy over script.pak from folder no. 3 to the game files.
    here's my screenshot of the folders
    win10.PNGwin10_1.PNG
    that last .exe is from the win10 crack, but i did copy it over to where the install is located and overwrote it
    win102.PNGwin103.PNGwin104.PNG

I've installed using daemon tools, ran the update 101 to the install location, english patch to the install location(after the win10 TnC EXE), no script bc folder 3 is empty. is that update correct? you mentioned image patch, but the only update is the one in the screenshot

edit: forgot to mention that the website I downloaded this from no longer hosts this vn so I'm not sure where to re-download the patch or sript.pak ""

edit2 lol: I found my .tor file and re-downloading both of them, hopefully that works. will update if successful

edit 3: looks like all I needed was my script.pak! working in English now (except configuration but I think I'll live)
    Last edited by shukshuk; 07-28-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

you did not properly installed the English patch.... Well, if you can live with the Character Names in the dialogue boxes as Japanese, as well as everything in the Extra section.

Let me show you what proper English Patch should look like. The entirety of Configuration is actually in English. I encountered the same problem you have and I've noticed that the names in the dialogue box is not translated over.

2016-07-03 03_09_07-togainu no chi install - Page 7.png2016-07-28 22_37_10-咎狗の血.jpg

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

you did not properly installed the English patch.... Well, if you can live with the Character Names in the dialogue boxes as Japanese, as well as everything in the Extra section.

Let me show you what proper English Patch should look like. The entirety of Configuration is actually in English. I encountered the same problem you have and I've noticed that the names in the dialogue box is not translated over.

2016-07-03 03_09_07-togainu no chi install - Page 7.png2016-07-28 22_37_10-咎狗の血.jpg
    oh! was just about to update my post (again lol)

I seem to have fixed everything after re-installing somewhere other than Program Files in my OS.

The update, and patch were successfully applied. I ran the TnC with WindowsXP settings now and it also fixed the freeze screen after loading my save. Looks like I'm good to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast