aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yashiro STWH (L9)Doumeki STWH (L9)Aomine (L9)
    Himuro Tatsuya (L9)Lelouch (L8)Souji P4 (L2)
    Ueda (L8)Yosuke P4 (L1)Kubota (L4)

Togainu no Chi - how to load save after reinstall?

This is kinda minor, but I couldn't find another thread on it. I played through most of TnC on my previous laptop (Windows 7) and just installed it again on my new laptop (Windows 8). I copy-pasted the TnC save files from my old laptop into the TnC Program Files folder on my new laptop already, but they don't appear when I click on the Load option from the main screen of the game. How do I load my old/previous save files in my new game? I'll be doing the same thing with DMMD and Re:Connect... will it be the same process? I hope my description makes sense. Any help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by AyameInLove; 07-12-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    There are two things that you could try.

1) First, since Windows 8 is a different beast compared to Windows 7 and you installed TnC in the default location in Program Files, you can try putting your save games in C:\ProgramData\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ Please pay attention, as this is NOT the Program Files folder, it is a special folder for installed programs that save their data into the same folder they were installed to.

If that folder doesn't exist, create it yourself and put your save game files there.

2) Second would be to uninstall TnC, and reinstall the game someplace else outside of Program Files. ^^ If you're using the default install location for TnC of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\, the game will have problems saving (or in this case loading). It is an older game and saves it's data into the same folder it was installed to. A relic of the ages. If you install TnC to someplace like... C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\, then you won't have to worry about the save file issue, problems patching games, or worrying about what folder Windows might have hidden your files.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any other questions/issues!! o.o

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

To add to Kojichan's:

I would mostly recommend to just uninstall it and install it to a customized address (Not in the default C:/Programfiles(x86)/NitroplusChiral; that address when you don't change anything in the installation) then copy pasting the save folder to the installation folder, 'cause you'll mostly avoid other problems with it (as Kojichan already said).

It's quite a hassle at start (uninstalling/installing it again), but the returns are worth it.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 07-12-2016 at 10:01 AM.