aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Laughter land cd 2 doesn't work

Hi! Firstly I'm sorry if this is not the proper way to post in the forum but i've just become a member yesterday and this is my first time :S . Anyhow so here's my problem; I download laughter land, a game which seems very interesting, and the cd 1 installation works just fine...but then when they ask for the cd 2 and i mount it with daemon tool...well, nothing. No error, simply nothing happens. Really weird and I don't know what to do...FYI I searched a lot on the internet before posting here but i didn't find anything and I'd very much like to play this game, so please help me ^-^

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Can you post a screen shot when it happens?

When do the installer ask for CD 2, during installation or during playing the game?

If during installation, try to mount CD 2 in the same drive you mounted CD 1. BUT BEFORE MOUNTING, remove CD 1 first from the virtual drive.

Just try to imagine you are actually swapping CDs on the drive, that's why you have to remove CD 1 first.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Omg thank you haha...I feel so stupid x3, but i never actually made a two cd installation with daemon tools :o Well, the last was the Sims but I didn't need to do any of that ^^ really, thanks
    Last edited by Alexx18; 05-28-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So there's another problem ^-^'' I tried to patch the game with the "no cd.exe" but when i do it in c:/programfiles/will/laughterland it says it didn't found a file and when i do it in c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/laughterland it says the same thing...does anyone know how this patch works and where exactly i'm suppose to use it? :/

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I don't actually have laughter land so I can't really help, but the no-CD patches are quite familiar to me.

Try just putting the no cd.exe on the program folder, then rename it with the exe of the original executable.

For example, if the name of the game app is LaughterLand.exe, enable "Show extensions" in control panel, rename ".exe" to ".bak" so that you can keep the original app, then rename the no-cd .exe with the original game executable so that your no-cd.exe will become LaughterLand.exe

The no-cd executable acts as the new executable that bypasses the CD check the game does for anti-piracy purposes. That and it's a must for Win 10 users.

then open it. You may want to post a screenshot of the installed folder for clarification.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks, I'll try just that ^-^

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    For Laughter Land, you need to use the AlphaROM 2.1 ~ 3.1 rev 4 No CD Patcher.

You can find it here: Index of /patches

Search for "AlphaROM 2.1 ~ 3.1 No Disk Patch rev4.rar". Download the RAR, and Extract the EXE into the same folder you installed Laughter Land (Looks like you mentioned C:/programfiles/will/laughterland ?), then RUN the program you just extracted.

A pop-up window will show up, asking you to select a file. Select the program called "laughter.exe" and it will then patch the game.

I will point out, however, that Laughter Land will NOT work in Windows 10, period. Just an FYI if you're in Windows 10 and find out it doesn't work at all.