aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    From helping other people on this forum with their issues in the two different versions of Windows, I've found that Windows 10 is a little more forgiving of the older games... to a degree.

Monokuroe and I did a few tests on some of the more common games people play in Windows 10 to see if they work, and what would happen with them.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...d-windows.html

There are obviously a lot of others missing, but a good portion of them do work in Windows 10.

The usual suggestions still work here... Don't install to the default location if you can help it (Outside of C:\Program Files (x86)\ ), make sure your System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese (Not just system location), and always try to find NoDVD versions of the game if you can.

^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ritsuka (L2)Valdrigue (L9)Rin TnC (L1)
    Rai Lamento (L9)
    Thank you so much for that, it helps.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Lol I wasn't able to update that since I lost my HDD, and I'm swamped IRL You guys are free to contribute there.

Many people have told me 8.1 is worse than 8 for some reason. But if there is one advantage of 8.1 over 10 is the availability of secdvr.sys.

There older games that need the secdvr.sys (a driver that is associated with CD/DVD security/anti-piracy), and these will definitely not work with Win 10. Secdvr.sys is still available and in use in Win 8.1, but Win 10 removed it completely due to security exploit issues. Win 10 will also block any attempt to enable the driver.

Games like Lamento and Togainu Chi that use the CD/DVD to play will not work at all in Windows 10 even if you emulate the mounting of CD/DVD because of the lack of this driver. For these games to play, you need to download the no-CD/DVD patch. If there is none, tough luck.

There is a way to have secdvr.sys to work on Win 10, but that requires technical knowledge.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 04-18-2016 at 05:07 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kojichan; thanks you so much for the information and suggestions. The thread you mentioned surely is helpful. But I think I'll stick to what I have for now, I'm not very good with computers, so I fear I might break something if I experiment with it.

monokuroe, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, I didn't even know what was a secdvr.sys, but I'm glad you enlighten me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12