aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical Murder Re:connect English patch problem

So I have Dramatical Murder Re:Connect installed, everything is running fine and my computer's locale is set to Japanese. My operating system is Windows 10, so I have all the fonts installed. I downloaded the English patch and copied all the files to the right places, checked about five times to be sure and even tried downloading it from another link in case something was missing.
    I tried uninstalling, and re-installing dramatical murder, restarting my PC, then adding the patch and restarting it again.

For some reason, the English patch will not work and it is running in Japanese. Please help, there's no way I can understand the whole story this way and I really want to read it. I'm a little sad...

This is the contents of my Dramatical Murder: Re:connect root folder, which is on my external harddrive:
    dx (folder)
    sdrt5030 (folder)
    Dmmd
    Dmmd_crack
    cg.npa
    cg-patch.npa
    nss.npa (English patch file)
    nss-patch.npa (English patch file)
    qrtool.dll
    SDActi
    SDAct (configuration)
    Sdacti_release
    SdActiRc.dll
    sdrt5030
    sdsys64.dll
    sound.npa
    system.npa
    voice.npa

I have Dramatical Murder and the English patch, and it plays in English with no problems. I did notice that there were more files in the English patch for the first game, though...

Last edited by VincentSnow3; 04-16-2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Missing tags and information

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello VincentSnow3! ^^

Thank you for providing a lot of information; that really helps!

I have two questions for you, though. ^^

First, what folder did you install DMMd and DMMd:re into?

And second, is the drive that you installed DMMd/DMMd:re a regular hard-drive, external drive, USB thumb drive, Memory Card, or SSD (Solid State)?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It's an External Harddrive, 500GB

I have Dramatical Murder installed on it, and it runs without any problems. They are both installed in my 'games' folder on that EHD.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I just double-checked your list of files, and you have (English patch file) written twice for two separate files. Typo?? ^^;;

Either way... As a test, could you temporarily CUT OUT/MOVE these files: nss.npa and cg.npa . These are the ORIGINAL files, not the patch files. Put them on your desktop, or somewhere safe, just make sure they aren't in the same folder any longer.

Then, paste them back in. This is kind of important.

Try the game again, and if it still doesn't work, would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder? Make sure you include filesizes.

It should look similar to mine:
    dmmdre_install_files.png

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yeah, that was incorrect. I marked the wrong file as the English patch file, but everything else is correct.
    It looks exactly like that screenshot.

I tried what you wrote, and I ran the game without the original files (it didn't load anything but sound) then put them back in and now it works fine! I am pretty baffled but relieved. Thank you!
    If anyone else has this problem, that's the solution.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by VincentSnow3 View Post
    Yeah, that was incorrect. I marked the wrong file as the English patch file, but everything else is correct.
    It looks exactly like that screenshot.

I tried what you wrote, and I ran the game without the original files (it didn't load anything but sound) then put them back in and now it works fine! I am pretty baffled but relieved. Thank you!
    If anyone else has this problem, that's the solution.
    You didn't need to run the game after moving the original files away. XD You just had to move them out of the folder, then back in. ^^

Anyway, this only works because the game looks in the folder where it is installed for specific files, in a specific order. Normally it looks for "nss-patch.npa" first, but for some reason on External HDD's, it actually is sorted by "First In First Out". Meaning that files that were installed first have a higher importance than one's added after.

Moving the original files out of the folder, then back in, reshuffles the order in which they were "added", making it work properly.

Erm, yeah. ^^;; Have fun!