aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamento help!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Unhappy Lamento help!

Hi every one! so when i play lamento it works just fine. but when i save the game and the next day i want to play it again.. it won't work! the load game won't work! it just turns black and the music continues to play.. and thats not all...... because of that i have to play it all over again! and some time's when i play.. i can't continue? the game freeze! please help me.. this is the fifth time I had to start over again..

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaoi4evers View Post
    Hi every one! so when i play lamento it works just fine. but when i save the game and the next day i want to play it again.. it won't work! the load game won't work! it just turns black and the music continues to play.. and thats not all...... because of that i have to play it all over again! and some time's when i play.. i can't continue? the game freeze! please help me.. this is the fifth time I had to start over again..
    Heya!

Got a small list of questions, if you could answer them, please... ^^

- Windows 7, 8 or 10?
    - Is your System Unicode Locale set to Japanese?
    - Where did you install Lamento? (C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD\ ?? Or someplace else like C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD\ ?)
    - Where did you download Lamento from?
    - Did you apply the LmtDVD103.exe patch?
    - Are you using the NoDVD EXE?
    - Do you have other savefiles that you can try loading?

And one last one... You mentioned this would be the "fifth" time you'd have to restart. Why is that? Does this same thing keep happening?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi there!
    I'm not sure if I should ask for help here, but I've got a kind of similar problem as Yaoi4evers
    I didn't have problems installing, and the game was working well until I got to the first options (think about the sacrifice/don't think about the sacrifice), it doesn't matter which option I chose, the next text doesn't load, the screen remains with the image of the background, and the music keeps on playing. But the game doesn't freeze, because I can open the short cut menu and every option work.
    Regarding your questions @Kojichan;
    - I have windows 8.1
    - yes, the language for non unicode programs is set to Japanese
    - it's installed in something like this C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD\
    - I got it from a post from here, and I don't think the files are bad, because I installed the same file on an old pc with windows xp and it worked perfectly (I completed one route there)
    - I've tried with the LmtDVD103.exe patch and with just the 101.exe as I saw in other post that someone got it to work installing just that. I got the same result with both.
    - yes, I'm using the noDVD EXE
    - well, I guess I have the files from my old computer, but I don't really know how to do that.
    I hope someone can help me.
    Thanks in advance

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

How to work the old Lamento Save files:

Check your Lamento folder for a folder called save. There's you save file. If there is no folder called save, first Go to control panel and enable "Show Hidden Folders" then go to C:/Users/[your username]/AppData/Roaming/NitroplusCHiRAL/Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-

Inside the Lamento Folder are the save files. Just copy paste your old save in there.

Just to be sure, would you mind screen-shotting your installation folder?

I call Win 8.1 the problem. Can you try running Lamento under compatibility mode: Windows XP Service Pack 3, administrator mode?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ahh, the dreaded "Nothing happens after a selection" glitch. Super simple to fix:

Change your System Unicode Locale from Japanese back to your default Country Language (US, Canada, English, etc), then restart. After the restart, change your System Unicode Locale BACK to Japanese, and restart. Try the selection again.

Surprisingly, this is actually the solution. Give it a try! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh!! @Kojichan; thank you so much!! It's solved!

And @monokuroe; thank you too, I could transfer the save files and now I don't have to start over again.

well, just in case here is my installation folder
    screenshot1.jpg

For now, it works.
    Thanks a lot!!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Have fun! XDD If anything else wiggs out, come on back!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello!

I have another problem with Lamento.
    1st play: I hadn't deal with this point system, went I wanted to. Despite of this, Rai and Bardo had the same amount of points, but it automatically lead to Rai's route.

2nd play: I uninstalled the game and started over. When I was about to save, the game froze. I had to choose a choice with 2 more points to Asato, so it lead to him.
    But my rank is: Rai, Bardo and Asato.

3rd play: I collected exactly the same amount points for the 3 characters, but that damn choice (Only Rai-Bardo as well-Just Asato or The others-Bardo) absolutely hadn't appeared neither this time. Why I have to collect same amount points (the Game Guide said it) if this damn choice wouldn't show up, whatever I do?

Since the choice allowed me to Rai and Bardo, first I played Rai, after Bardo.

Now I'd load the choices to collect more Asato points (like when it froze), but it didn't lead to him, only to Rai and Bardo. So my question is to start over the whole game (not uninstall) to collect Asato points or what should I do?

Please, somebody help me.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Asuka29; 12-13-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Asato (L9)Konoe (L2)Rai Lamento (L9)
    DS_001_leftFlower 1 (Pink)DS_001_right
    KiraraEren SnK (L2)Pikachu
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka29 View Post
    Hello!

I have another problem with Lamento.
    1st play: I hadn't deal with this point system, went I wanted to. Despite of this, Rai and Bardo had the same amount of points, but it automatically lead to Rai's route.

2nd play: I uninstalled the game and started over. When I was about to save, the game froze. I had to choose a choice with 2 more points to Asato, so it lead to him.
    But my rank is: Rai, Bardo and Asato.

3rd play: I collected exactly the same amount points for the 3 characters, but that damn choice (Only Rai-Bardo as well-Just Asato or The others-Bardo) absolutely hadn't appeared neither this time. Why I have to collect same amount points (the Game Guide said it) if this damn choice wouldn't show up, whatever I do?

Since the choice allowed me to Rai and Bardo, first I played Rai, after Bardo.

Now I'd load the choices to collect more Asato points (like when it froze), but it didn't lead to him, only to Rai and Bardo. So my question is to start over the whole game (not uninstall) to collect Asato points or what should I do?

Please, somebody help me.
    Thank you in advance!
    It might be easiest to start from the beginning of the game and select only the choices that count towards Asato.If you want to speed it up, choose "keep skip on after choice" in the configurations menu. Once the text begins to roll in the game, hold down shift to skip. While holding shift, click outside of the game window. Then release shift. The game should then zip along until you click the game window again (like you would to progress the text normally.)

And as for the choice point between the three when you collect equal points, note that the guide says these choices "may" appear--we have had them show up in testing, but not consistently.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I did it according to your advice, and I managed to reach Asato’s route. Thank you very much for your help!

Yeah... that „may” is bothered me as well. Then they hadn’t had to written in the Game Guiding, had they?

Now, I played the whole game.

And Leaks’ ending is really that short? And it's very very annoying that in CG Library I can only look the pics for a blink of an eye, no longer than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast