aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DmmD No character voices plz help

So i have the DmmD original game and it plays sounds and BGM's but it doesnt play character voices, weather its in game or is the settings config. i have windows 8 is that helps, i would really like to be able to hear them if at all possible, please help if you can.
    Last edited by TheAlbino; 03-04-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello TheAlbino! ^^

Would you mind going into the configuration settings for DMMd, and in the "Sound Settings" area, make sure the "Voices >>>>>>" section has an orange circle in a white box, not a blue box with a white X, and that there are more than half of the orange blocks in the bar beside it?

Click ( TEST ) afterwards a few times and listen if anything plays.

Also, make sure the section marked "Specific Characters' Voices" has all of the boxes turned orange, with no grey ones.

After testing all that and there still aren't any voices, please download this file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jx8it2l38...10a01.ogg?dl=0

And let me know if you can hear it.

>> If you CANNOT hear anything, or get an error message, then it means your OGG audio codec isn't up to date. ^^

You can get updated codecs for OGG, as well as Video codecs for your computer here:
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

You will need to install this codec pack. The plus for installing this, is that you will also have a higher video compatibility so you can watch more offline videos.

>> If you CAN hear the file, the would you mind posting a screenshot of your installation for DMMd?

It should look something like mine...
    dmmd_install_files.png
    Please make sure that the filesizes of yours match mine. Pay special attention to "voice.npa".

My copy of DMMd is installed at: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\​, where is yours? ^^

Let us know how that goes for you! o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello TheAlbino! ^^
    After reading through your post before acting on anything I relised that I don't have the voice.npa file as shown in your screen shot. Is there a way I could recive this file without having to redownloading the game? And thank you for the help and taking the time to post.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlbino View Post
    After reading through your post before acting on anything I relised that I don't have the voice.npa file as shown in your screen shot. Is there a way I could recive this file without having to redownloading the game? And thank you for the help and taking the time to post.

Ahh... o_o; Uhm, nope. That file is 500MB big. It's ALL the character voices. You could try finding a torrent that comes with the English translation pre-patched, not requiring installing it normally, then just picking off just that file.

I honestly don't know where to find just that...

Where/how did you download DMMd, anyways?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Ahh... o_o; Uhm, nope.
    My friend e-mailed me all the files off her game. :T