aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Silver Chaos FanDisk, cannot install.

I made a grave mistake.

But before that, I was able to install/uninstall SC:EF before my problem happened. I was installing/uninstalling because I was trying to solve the "Mainsystem.exe has stopped working" problem.

So I was comparing the configuration files of the game before Eng patch and the original one using Notepad++.... and then I decided to uninstall SC:EF to start anew... I used the boot.exe to uninstall it... then the Install button never became clickable again . Probably because I left one of the file open in another program as SC:EF uninstalled.

The installer files:
    2016-01-20 02_52_37-DISC1.png

These are the screenshots
    2016-01-20 02_19_10-Greenshot.jpg

As you can see, the only option I have is uninstall, Start Game(?, on the upper right), and Cancel. But, I don't have SC:EF installed.

2016-01-20 02_19_20-Greenshot.jpg

If I click the uninstall, this pops out, I guess it says 'you will uninstall, OK?'. But when I click this, it just closes and nothing happens. Not even a progress bar detailing the uninstall. Can I do something about it so that I can legit install SC:EF?

PS. But, I was able to have a work-around by directly copying the contents of the DISC 1 folder to VividColor/SilverChaosFanDisk, which is not legit install. Somehow I was able to apply the english patch.

2016-01-20 02_37_33-Greenshot.jpg
    But then, this happens, I cannot access the wallpapers, clicking them does nothing, so does the circle button... And I think maybe because I improperly installed it, or is it just a problem even with proper installation? Actually even trying the non-patch, not-legit install does not do nothing for these part.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Erm, oh wow. o_O

Well, using BOOT.exe is proper, anyways. It is the program that runs automatically via AutoRun, so that's not an issue.

The issue seems to be that the BOOT.exe doesn't realize the game "isn't there".

Two fold, first, your "install" folder is missing the "InstallLog.ini"
    Here's mine, just download it and place it into the SC:EF folder. It just has a list of files that were "Installed" that should be removed.

Try the uninstaller afterwards.

If THAT doesn't work, you'll need to pop open RegEdit, and remove the install keys for SC:EF (what tells the game it's installed VS not). There are two that need to be removed.

Do you know how to navigate inside the Registry?

Well, that's okay if you don't... In the left-hand panel, click on "Computer", then in the menu bar above click on "Edit > Find..."

UNCHECK "Values" and "Data" so only "Key" is checked off. Type in SilverChaosFanBox into the search box and hit "Find Next". It'll search your registry, then when it finds what it needs, it'll open it up for you.

When it finds a key, on the left-hand panel, RIGHT-CLICK on the name "SilverChaosFanBox", then select "Delete". A warning will popup, and select "Yes".

Now go back into the Find window, and do the same search again. The second key will be shown this time. Delete it the same way.

Now close RegEdit, and you should be able to "Install" SC:EF again, just make sure to remove all the old files from the installation folder first to prevent any issues.

----

Also, about the Wallpapers thing...

That happens to me, too. I think it's because your Windows version is too new, it might not be able to apply the wallpapers. BTW, the Round button is used to "Remove" wallpapers that were applied. I don't have any older computers using Windows XP or older, so I can't verify if that's really how it is or not.

----
    Edit: LMFAO. While messing around with the extra's in SC:EF, I hit up the "System Voice" (third) option, and was messing around with the character voices, and hit the "決定" (Accept) button, just above and to the left of the EXIT button. Without thinking of what it'd do, it actually applied these character voices to my computer's sound events. XD

After I closed SC:EF, I messed in a program and had an error message popup, but instead of the usual sound, someone from SC:EF started talking. Oh god, I forgot I set those up.

If you accidentally set those as well, make sure to use "削除" (Remove), the button just above and to the right of EXIT to take off the system event sounds.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-20-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Two fold, first, your "install" folder is missing the "InstallLog.ini"
    Here's mine, just download it and place it into the SC:EF folder. It just has a list of files that were "Installed" that should be removed.
    Uh, would you mind screenshot/uploading installlog.ini again? Thanks!

I'll try that install log ini before delving to registry.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Geh, guess it would have helped if I actually pasted the URL... Oops!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R...ew?usp=sharing

Here you go!