aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gintoki (L4)Ginko (L6)(S045) Noiz
    Genos (L8)Kaworu (L4)Uzu Sanageyama (L1)
    Kanji P4 (L1)

Question Lamento - Rai's voice not working

Apologies, there was a similar post before, but it was long dead~

I have installed Lamento + Eng Patch a while ago and, miraculously, ran into almost no trouble up until I met Rai. His voice lines have no sound. They work fine when I click on them in Text History and there is no issue with any of the other characters.

I've tried reinstalling and getting voice.npa from different downloads as the old thread suggested but neither made any difference. Have no clue what else I can do.

Please help. Silent Rai really takes away from the Lamento experience :'(

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by antagonist View Post
    Apologies, there was a similar post before, but it was long dead~

I have installed Lamento + Eng Patch a while ago and, miraculously, ran into almost no trouble up until I met Rai. His voice lines have no sound. They work fine when I click on them in Text History and there is no issue with any of the other characters.

I've tried reinstalling and getting voice.npa from different downloads as the old thread suggested but neither made any difference. Have no clue what else I can do.

Please help. Silent Rai really takes away from the Lamento experience :'(

Hello antagonist!

So the sound plays fine in the backlog, but not during gameplay?

Out of curiosity, could you pop into your Config menu, and check to see if Rai has a red box next to his name at the bottom in the "Toggle Individual Character Voices"? Even if he doesn't, can you click it a few times so that it cycles back to green, then look up further and find the option for "Character Voices" and flip it On/Off a few times so that it lands back on ON?

Then close Lamento, open it up again and try again.

Let me know if that works! o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gintoki (L4)Ginko (L6)(S045) Noiz
    Genos (L8)Kaworu (L4)Uzu Sanageyama (L1)
    Kanji P4 (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello antagonist!

So the sound plays fine in the backlog, but not during gameplay?

Out of curiosity, could you pop into your Config menu, and check to see if Rai has a red box next to his name at the bottom in the "Toggle Individual Character Voices"? Even if he doesn't, can you click it a few times so that it cycles back to green, then look up further and find the option for "Character Voices" and flip it On/Off a few times so that it lands back on ON?

Then close Lamento, open it up again and try again.

Let me know if that works! o.o

Thank you so much for replying!

The individual voice toggles don't seem to work the way they should in my game - they can only switch between green and yellow :/ Everything was already set to green so I tried turning "character voices" on and off and restarting the game as you advised. That did nothing, but when I tried the same thing with all individual voices set to yellow Rai's voice worked!!! A magical moment. I do not understand but I guess I don't really need to.

You've saved me. You are a blessing

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I'm glad that's working now, but I'm surprised... What I thought was green, turned out to be yellow! (I'm colorblind to blue and green, so any green I see looks like yellow. XP I assumed it was green in this case).

I see what happened, now... The red color is the hover color for the names when a vpoce has been disabled. When a character name is disabled, the color changes to the same color as the surrounding box, but when you mouseover it it shows red to signify it's been turned off. If it's enabled, it becomes that yellow color, and doesn't have the hover effect.

The two colors (off and on) are super similar so it's likely easy to get one of them accidentally turned off without noticing immediately. XP

Enjoy! ^^
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-15-2016 at 12:08 PM.