aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Anything I can do?

Hi. This Christmas my boyfriend got me Kichiku Megane R (Fan Disk), but after installing it, it basically said I can't play it because it's incompatible with my system (a Windows 8.1, 64-Bit). I did have a big issue trying to install it during the second phase (AKA switching disk 1 to 2), but I don't know if that's the issue or it will only work with a downgraded system. My original Kichiku Megane installed just fine and works perfectly on my system.

EDIT;; Never mind, after reinstalling it seamlessly, looks like I simply can't play it at all. I get an error that says "This Is A Japan Only Game." And a bunch of other text I can't read (besides another word that says "Windows").
    Last edited by Kresynt; 12-26-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shiki (L2)(S036) Kaneki KenJJ (L1)
    Raito Sakamaki (L1)Yashiro STWH (L9)Undertaker (L8)
    Have you changed your system locale to Japanese?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Yoshinaga Koushi (L6)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)Guys (L3)
    Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L6)Johan Liebert (L3)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Shouichirou Toudou (L3)Dr. Kenzo Tenma (L1)
    Was also going to say that there may be a patch to deal with the location issue: I can run it on my system even though a) I downloaded it, and b) I'm in Australia.

Try looking for a download of the game, and there might be a patching file that can help you when you install it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Peps1Cola View Post
    Have you changed your system locale to Japanese?
    Yes, I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuckDoubt View Post
    Was also going to say that there may be a patch to deal with the location issue: I can run it on my system even though a) I downloaded it, and b) I'm in Australia.

Try looking for a download of the game, and there might be a patching file that can help you when you install it.
    I am considering resorting to that, especially since it won't be a big deal since I actually have a physical copy. The other features work just fine (the mascots, screensaver, etc.).

But anyway, thank you both for replying!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shiki (L2)(S036) Kaneki KenJJ (L1)
    Raito Sakamaki (L1)Yashiro STWH (L9)Undertaker (L8)
    I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions haha, I wish I could help

HarukiB
    If your computer hardware is not too old, you could install Oracle VirtualBox or VMWare Player. This will simulate a whole computer and you can install a Japanese version of Windows XP or Windows 7 on that virtual computer. This computer runs as good as your own
    Nowadays, you can even play 3D games this way, as long as you've got enough RAM and a good CPU.
    I think it's worth a try.

Last edited by HarukiB; 12-28-2015 at 09:16 AM.