aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Akashi (L7)Heart 1 (Blue)Kuroko (L7)
    Kuroko (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Akashi (L9)
    Lan WangJi / Lan Zhan (L6)Spacer 1(S052) Yuri Katsuki

Omerta ~Chinmoku no Okite~ - can't get working with english

Just downloaded from the mediafire link from here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...ml#post4112252

game will run, but its not in english.
    i followed the youtube installation guide from one post above, but the installation guide also shows the game running in japanese.

Am I missing the english files? By the way, i can never seem to get 4shared downloads to work for me =\ Do i have to have an account?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You need to run it through VNR; the translation isn't built-in or affixed with a patch. It's not too difficult to figure out with these instructions, though it can be a bit finicky.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Interesting, i am trying it out. how bad/good is the VNR tool for this game?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It's rather a nifty little application, though of course it's not as good as a patch (the game seems to give would-be hackers a lot of trouble).

Keep in mind that the translation is still in progress and will cut out after a certain point. Also keep in mind that most people who haven't legitimately bought the game will encounter a bug that makes it impossible to load saves, so you'll need to start every playthrough from the beginning.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by epenthesis View Post
    It's rather a nifty little application, though of course it's not as good as a patch (the game seems to give would-be hackers a lot of trouble).

Keep in mind that the translation is still in progress and will cut out after a certain point. Also keep in mind that most people who haven't legitimately bought the game will encounter a bug that makes it impossible to load saves, so you'll need to start every playthrough from the beginning.
    Awww that's too bad. I have heard the saving issues before. I think it is a setting issue.
    Here is a solution I found on another site:

Open the file "malie.ini" under the game directory. You will see a whole bunch of meaningless characters.
    Rewrite the company, brand and title lines (please backup the file first!!!!!!) to

COMPANY=karin
    BRAND=karin
    TITLE=omerta-ver1.3

And save. It should solve the saving difficulties. Please let me know if this works, and if not I'll just upload the file.
    Last edited by GinnyPotter; 11-26-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh, cool; I didn't know that glitch had been fixed. Thanks!

Looks like the fix wiped my gallery and the record of read/unread text clean, though. Guess I have to start again.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh, cool; I didn't know that glitch had been fixed. Thanks!

Looks like the fix wiped my gallery and the record of read/unread text clean, though. Guess I have to start again.
    Oops I know why. The records are still there but in a wrong place, as you changed the save directory. Try copying the folder
    C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\花梨シャノアールオメガ\オメルタ~沈黙の掟~ - ver1.3\save
    (note the characters might show up in gibberish instead)
    to
    C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\karin\omerta-ver1.3\save

And see if this solves your problem.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the tip! But although the items, scenes and bonus stories are back in place with that fix, the CGs appear to be gone. Not sure how that's possible, but again, it's not a disaster since I was in the process of playing through again.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the tip! But although the items, scenes and bonus stories are back in place with that fix, the CGs appear to be gone. Not sure how that's possible, but again, it's not a disaster since I was in the process of playing through again.
    Interesting... Not sure how to solve the CG issue though. I hope you at least enjoy the save/load feature. Oh, and for CGs you can always download a pack from the internet (which is more useful as you can enjoy them outside of the game XD)

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Thanks for all the feedback guys. i know i posted this question in the wrong section (now... )
    I look forward to being able to play it once i figure out how to get it working.