aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shingakkou virus error

Hi there! I was trying to download and install Shingakkou last night, but once I merged the files I ran into some trouble. After the merge I had three files: Disc 1.iso and Disc 2.iso and then the nodvd patch. I was in the middle of installation and it asked for disc 2, that part went fine, but after that it said there was an error. At the same time, my antivirus went off and said that there was an adware virus that all of the sudden came
    up after I got the error message. Has this happened to anyone else? I actually was trying to install pigeon blood the other day and the same thing sort of happened. I have an adware thing in quarantine at the moment :/

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thank youu

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Mookyul (L10)(S015) EwonYuki Eiri (L10)
    Satoru Kutsuna (L8)Ryou Kashiba (L8)(S008) Shuichi
    (S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S044) Shirotani Tadaomi(S055) Doumeki
    You can wait for other replies as well, since I'm not 100% about this topic

But, at least in my experience, some anti virus software can be very picky about what you download (Norton was notorious for this for me at least) and quarantine almost anything you download since it doesn't recognize the "company"/ uploader's or etc's name and therefore doesn't trust it and see's it as malicious content.

Norton would sometimes delete my downloads automatically (even downloads from here, AF) that I knew where safe

So, if you trust the files, you just need to turn off your anti virus software while your downloading/ working with the files to stop it from quarantining stuff.

I haven't downloaded either of those games though, so I can't help with the validity of the files ^^" If they're from AF though, I couldn't see them being malicious :/

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Yeah! I had a feeling that might be the case too. I will try and download it again and see how it goes. Thanks for the reassurance!