aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: DAEMON issue

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DAEMON issue

Hello guys! I'm taiyain, I'm new here so forgive me if this post is in the wrong area.
    I'm currently having some trouble installing both Togainu no Chi and Lamento and I would be really grateful if you guys could help! (I'm also the noobiest of noobs when it comes to computers so excuse me if I'm asking silly questions here.)

First, Lamento:
    I have the 101/102 version.

lamento.png

This is what comes up in the file I downloaded. As you can see I don't have an .exe file and it doesn't show up even after I use the DAEMON and it's recognized as DVD: (E). I can open and install the game but I can't open it because there is no .exe file for me to transfer anywhere, and the icon I create also doesn't open. I really don't know what to do about this one.

For Togainu:
    For this one I can't even install it. The DAEMON I download doesn't allow me to use the devices, because it's free. And the file I downloaded suggests I just click the .exe file, but it says it's incompatible and this message comes up if I try to use it anyway:

togainu2.png

So... Yeah, I'm lost here. If anyone can help me, I'd be really grateful.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Suzuki Shinya (L4)Shuu Tsukiyama (L3)Hikaru S (L1)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Rayflo (L8)
    (S022) Iason(S021) Riki(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    Since I was trying to download Lamento yesterday.......I know that I unzipped that Lamento_DVD iSO file. But for me, the file was a Winrar zip flie. I got the inspiration to right click on that file>properties>open with>Windows Disc Image Burner (which is what you have). For you, I recommend you doing the same thing but open the file with Winrar. I extracted the files from that winrar zip file and then used the install.exe to install the game file. HOWEVER, the game crashes for me. I don't know if it will work for you but it's worth a shot?
    I don't know what to do about Togainu no Chi since I downloaded it like years ago and it doesn't work now.

Best of luck!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by taiyain View Post
    Hello guys! I'm taiyain, I'm new here so forgive me if this post is in the wrong area.
    I'm currently having some trouble installing both Togainu no Chi and Lamento and I would be really grateful if you guys could help! (I'm also the noobiest of noobs when it comes to computers so excuse me if I'm asking silly questions here.)

First, Lamento:
    I have the 101/102 version.

lamento.png

This is what comes up in the file I downloaded. As you can see I don't have an .exe file and it doesn't show up even after I use the DAEMON and it's recognized as DVD: (E). I can open and install the game but I can't open it because there is no .exe file for me to transfer anywhere, and the icon I create also doesn't open. I really don't know what to do about this one.

For Togainu:
    For this one I can't even install it. The DAEMON I download doesn't allow me to use the devices, because it's free. And the file I downloaded suggests I just click the .exe file, but it says it's incompatible and this message comes up if I try to use it anyway:

togainu2.png

So... Yeah, I'm lost here. If anyone can help me, I'd be really grateful.
    Hello taiyain, and welcome to AarinFantasy forums! ^_^

For Lamento....

First off, in your first screenshot, those are the installation files for Lamento. Not the game itself. ^^ PLEASE DO NOT EXTRACT/UNZIP THE FILES. Yes, you CAN do it, but you don't need to if you mount the ISO. Those files are just installer programs, not the actual game itself.

Use DAEMON Tools Lite to mount the Lamento ISO, then visit "My Computer", and double-click the CD with Lamento in the drive. Follow the installer, and if you can, please CHANGE the directory Lamento installs to. Change it to something like, C:\Games\ or just C:\ even. Either is fine, just not the default location!

At this point, you should run the program "LmtDVDVer102". You don't need to run "LmtDVDVer101", as "LmtDVDVer102" contains the same files, plus more. This will add missing graphics and voice clips to the game.

Once that's finished, the EXE you're looking for will be in that new folder Lamento installed to. There should be a shortcut on your Desktop, so you can Right-click on it, and select "Open File Location". A window will pop up with the folder where Lamento was installed. Keep this window open for the next steps!

Look for a file called, "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-". You may not see the .EXE part of that filename, because your computer is set to not show .EXE. This is not a problem! You can tell it is the EXE, because Windows will tell you it is an "Aplicativo". That is the file you run Lamento with. ^^

If that isn't working, it might be because the game is looking for the original Disk to be inserted into the CD Drive. Visit here: Index of /patches and download the file called "[Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar". This file contains a replacement EXE program to run Lamento. Please unzip and place this inside the installed folder for Lamento. If your computer asks you to overwrite it, PLEASE DO. Don't keep both files, you only need the one.

Once that is done, then you can download the English patch files, and install them. (here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...h-release.html) At the end of the first post in there, is a link to a MediaFire folder. Click it, and a list of files will show up.

If you want the English menu, AND you would like an uncensored version of the smut scenes, click on "cg-fullpatch.npa" to download that file. If you DON'T want uncensored smut scenes, and just want English menus, then just download "cg-buttonspatch.npa". Once it's downloaded, rename the file you chose (ONE! NOT BOTH!) to "cg-patch.npa", and put it into the same folder Lamento was installed to. Next, download "nss-fullpatchver2.2.npa" from that same MediaFire website, and rename it to "nss-patch.npa", and also put it into the same folder as Lamento.

You will now have the English patch of lamento! ^^ I hope these steps helped you, if you got confused, I apologize! I'll try to slow it down a bit. Just let me know where you get confused. ^^

When everything is done, your Lamento folder should look like this:
    lamento_install.jpg

----
    Now for Togainu no Chi:

Could you show me what files you have for Togainu no Chi? Are they:
    togainu.CCD
    togainu.cue
    togainu.img
    togainu.sub
    ?

If they are, and DAEMON Tools Lite doesn't like them, you can actually try a different ISO mounting program that's free. SlySoft Download | AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, GameJackal, Any DVD, Clone DVD, Clone CD, Game Jackal Here! Find "Virtual CloneDrive (Freeware)", and click it to download. You might need to restart your computer after installing. Afterwards you can then find the ISO/CCD/IMG you want to mount, and double-click on the file to mount it.

When it is mounted properly, then you can install Togainu no Chi. ^^ Same as with Lamento, do NOT use the default install location. Use C:\Games\ or C:\

Once it's installed, then you can run through the English patch (here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...i-english.html) ^^

(** I can go into detail about this if you wish, but it's pretty straight forward**)

Considering you're running Windows 8, TnC won't work right out of the gate, as it will complain with an error message about "Administrator" and some Japanese text.

This is because the game is trying to verify if the original disk is inserted into the CD drive, but it won't work. Instead, you will need a new EXE that won't do that. Here is one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1sr8zdd7h...nochi.zip?dl=0

Unzip the EXE, and put it in the folder Togainu no Chi was installed to.

PLEASE NOTE, that new EXE requires the "togainu_update_101" that's part of the English Patch installation, or it may not work for you.

Please let me know how you do with this. ^^ Sorry this post is so long.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Suzuki Shinya (L4)Shuu Tsukiyama (L3)Hikaru S (L1)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Rayflo (L8)
    (S022) Iason(S021) Riki(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    I followed Kojichan's instructions and got my own problem fixed, which is pretty similar to yours, so I wish you the best!

Edit 1: I saved the .img file as .iso. I don't know if there are going to be problems with this. I'll let you know

Edit 2: It actually works if you change it to .iso. After I changed it, I mounted it on Daemon Tools (Lite, if it matters) and installed the game to an extension different from program86 and got the english patch done and stuff. The game loads and is in English !
    Last edited by xihunter; 10-25-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

xihunter: Thank you very much for the replies!!! Everything seems to have worked out fine! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ I'm glad it worked for you too!!!

Kojichan: Hello! (´▽`#)Thank you for the welcoming and for the huuuuuge and detailed text!!! It helped me so much I can't even begin thank you properly.(;ω Thanks to your tips everything worked out perfectly fine! Both games seem to be working fine. If I have any other issues I'll ask again but I've testes both and everything seems ok! Thank you so much! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ
    (PS: Do you know Portuguese? You seemed to recognize the language and know the word "Aplicativo", so I was just wondering... ٩( 'ω' )و Or maybe it's the same in Spanish?)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by taiyain View Post
    Kojichan: Hello! (´▽`#)Thank you for the welcoming and for the huuuuuge and detailed text!!! It helped me so much I can't even begin thank you properly.(;ω Thanks to your tips everything worked out perfectly fine! Both games seem to be working fine. If I have any other issues I'll ask again but I've testes both and everything seems ok! Thank you so much! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ
    (PS: Do you know Portuguese? You seemed to recognize the language and know the word "Aplicativo", so I was just wondering... ٩( 'ω' )و Or maybe it's the same in Spanish?)
    Mata Irrashimase! ^_^

I tend to ramble and explain things too in-depth and scare people, so I am glad that my large post helped you!

And, no, sorry. ^^ I don't now Portuguese or Spanish. I just recognized the programs in your screenshot, and realized that "Aplicativo" was meant for "Application". That, and that word looks awfully close to the English word, in either case.

I hope you have fun with the games, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kojichan: (Sorry it took so long for me to reply!!! (;゚д゚))

Ohh, I see! ٩( 'ω' )و And don't worry, your explanation was long, but it HAD to be. LOL! It takes a lot of steps and I think you were pretty straight forward with it, honestly.
    Thank you very much! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ
    Last edited by taiyain; 10-28-2015 at 09:52 AM.