aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Suzuki Shinya (L4)Shuu Tsukiyama (L3)Hikaru S (L1)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Rayflo (L8)
    (S022) Iason(S021) Riki(S052) Yuri Katsuki

Question [SOLVED] Lamento Installation Error

[SOLVED] in Kojichan's reply

I remember downloading the game back on my old windows xp computer before transferring the files to a windows 7 75bit computer that I use now. So I still have the files but I downloaded another one.

So I tried two ways:
    1. Download the torrent files. Unzip it into one folder. Unzip LAMENTO_DVD zip file into the same folder. Mount that same zip file. Install the game into a different folder within that original folder. Mount the boot zip file (all on Daemon tools lite). Install the LmtDVDVer101,102, and 103 patches for the game file "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-". I tried to move the setup.exe file to the new folder to open it up there but it gives me the game file crashing for some reason and that setup wasn't properly installed. When I try to open the game, however, it gives me an error [1000] and some japanese and wont open.
    2. Do the same as above except I have all the files on one folder (everything is together). I also ran set up (which worked). When I try to open the game file, the game crashes.

Is there any way to get rid of the crashes or at least that 1000 error? Thank you for your help :c

Error 1000 = Game files in one folder separate from the installation stuff.
    Crash = All files in one folder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xihunter; 10-25-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Okie dokie!

First off, please install Lamento into it's own separate folder, not into the folder you downloaded everything. ^^ Once it's installed somewhere new (suggestion C:\Games\), you do not need the setup program. When you run "Install", Setup is actually being run. That's for installing Lamento, it's not a configuration setting program.

It looks like somewhere along the line, the ISO was extracted (like a ZIP file), so you have extra files. You only need the files from the Torrent (The ISO's, the LmtDVDV10X patches, and the file called "コノエたん", which holds the serial number)

When you installed the game in a separate folder, then opened the game and got the Error 1000, that's the game telling you you need to have the original disk inserted into the CD drive to play. (normally, that's what mounting the Boot ISO was meant to avoid, however there's a better solution).

Some ISO mounting programs don't let Lamento work like that, so instead visit this list: Index of /patches And look for a file called "[Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar"

Download that, and extract the EXE file inside, and overwrite the one in your INSTALLED Lamento folder. It replaces the "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.exe" file, and it doesn't require the BOOT ISO, and should fix the Error 1000 message.

This is what your Lamento folder should look like after everything is done. ^^

lamento_install.jpg

The SAVE folder will only show up once you start the game normally, so don't worry if it isn't there yet. DO NOTE, I have a backup of the original EXE, I renamed it so that I could keep both copies. The one you want is about 784kb, not 1,095kb.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Suzuki Shinya (L4)Shuu Tsukiyama (L3)Hikaru S (L1)
    Youji Tachibana (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Rayflo (L8)
    (S022) Iason(S021) Riki(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    Where have you been all my life?

I know I got Lamento downloaded right years ago but I couldn't do it again. I've been trying to do it since yesterday and looked all over the forum. I think that noDVD patch did the trick for me. What I needed to do was to overwrite the 1200~ kb game exe file with the 784kb one. (I'm pretty sure I tried that but I couldn't find the 784kb file in any of my folders so I guess I messed up there)

That did the trick though!! I sincerely appreciate your help I'll try the game out later on in January during my break. I'm hoping it saves because I'll keep it unmounted until that time.

For future reference: I'm running Lamento on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit computer.