aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Male 1 (Blue)Suzuki-sanFemale 1 (Red)
    Link (L8)Star 1 (Silver)Rei Sagara (L9)
    YinYang 1(S043) Ijuuin KyoKusakabe (L8)

Windows 10 Problem w/ Nitro?

Is there some kind of problem with Nitroplus Chiral games for Windows 10 that I'm not aware of? I've had DMMD and Togainu no Chi for a while now (before windows 10) but they won't open anymore? For DMMD the screen comes up black for a few seconds then closes. For Togainu it says the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. I thought that meant It couldn't find it's source, I've recently moved the files so but I made sure to connect the shortcuts back. I even mounted both again to no avail, I haven't resorted to reinstalling yet though. Also my computer isn't set to japanese because I was told after I installed them I could switch back to US. I don't know if that matters but if you know anything please respond, I miss Aoba
    Last edited by Yrasel; 10-01-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hmm, actually... It's never a good idea to "Move" programs once they've been installed. When they are installed, they write their location in the System Registry, among other things, and they'll forever point to the original location.

Togainu no Chi does this and is most likely erroring out because of that (and because it's folder name is Japanese, period). It's always best to make a backup of your savefiles, first, then un install and reinstall so that everything can be updated. Then you can move your save files back.

And, a lot of visual novels need to have the System Locale set to Japan to actually play, not just install. It doesn't actually hurt leaving your system set to Japan. The only problems I ever encountered, was that the "\" symbol in older programs and in a CMD prompt looks like the Japanese Yen currency symbol, and the last Sims 3 expansion packs tried installing in Japanese. XD;; Everything else still works fine, and I've had my system locale set to Japan for the last 4 years. Still got an English OS, too.

The locale thing might be why DMMd won't start up.

And lastly, there -IS- a problem with Windows 10 and Togainu no Chi, actually... Microsoft recently sent out a Windows Update that nerfs the game. It uses an older CD Rom disc security program, and that was disabled from running. They said it was a security threat.

So you have to manually enable that to work again, if you have that update.