aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question Assorted Lamento Issues

Hello,
    I'm trying to run Lamento. I'm on Windows 7, I have the 103 version of the game, I installed in the C: folder like suggested, my system locale's in japanese, I tried both the NODVD and normal cracks, I've followed the patching and renaming intructions - just to give some context and to exclude possible issues.

Now for the issues:

• I can't load. It freezes to a black screen.
    • After a clean reinstall, even if I copy my original saves in the saves' folder, they're not read by the game.
    • The menus glitch out, most of the text is missing and sometimes even hitting M completely freezes the game.
    • As of the last reinstall, even hitting S freezes the game.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Also, what is the best way to get a thoroughly clean uninstall, short of manually removing register keys? Would Revo Uninstaller work?

Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello LLLL9999! ^_^

Uhh, the Lamento Uninstaller should be enough for an uninstall, no worries there. You don't need to go that extreme.

First off, let's have a look at your files. ^^ Could you post a screenshot of your folder where Lamento was installed?

Secondly, you mentioned you "have Version 103 of the game". Does this mean you have an ISO and the LmtDVDVer103 patch? Or is it something else...?

Moreover, "normal cracks" ? As far as I know, there was only the one NoDVD EXE. What do you mean by this?

Anywho, here's what my install of Lamento looks like for reference:
    lamento_eng_install.jpg

The BAK file is just the original EXE. I keep copies of stuff like that.

If possible, could you take a screenshot of when Lamento borks itself? Like that text issue you were mentioning?

I know Lamento is kinda fickle in some regards, so sometimes changing your System Locale to English, then back to Japanese (Restart each time, please), will fix some text issues...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm really sorry for being so late, my internet was really unstable.. thank you very much for taking the time to reply!
    Yes, 103 is the patch, sorry - as for the cracks, I saw mentioned "a crack", and a "NODVD crack". I tried both.
    Here is my installation folder:
    8884cdf57c.png
    these are the files I'm installing from:
    ffc48b670a.png (plus the english patches, those are in another folder)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled four times now and changed my system locale back and again to Japanese. I've tried running as administrator, I even tried fiddling with the save/load privileges from the exe (on a previous install, my current one is just a clean straightforward install - but even the save/load stuff made absolutely no difference whatsoever) I would have also taken a screen of the borked menus, but it'll just freeze now, if I try to go to config, even if I try to exit, it just goes unresponsive - not with a white-over, it looks normal, it just won't respond to any input.

I hope I haven't made any silly mistake to waste your time, once again, thank you very much!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Nah! You're not wasting your time. ^^ I love troubleshooting, and really enjoy helping others by doing it. I'm kinda weird like that...

Anywho!

I noticed that the "cg-patch.npa" was the wrong size (for either just the buttons or the full decensor). It should be either, 1,713KB (Menu only) OR 66,947KB (Menu + Decensor).

And lastly, the file "nss-patchver.npa". If this is supposed to be the English text patch, it should be named "nss-patch.npa", but even still it's also the wrong size. It should be 8,194KB.

I think you just need to remove the offending files from your installation, then re-download the English patch and try again. ^^ You mentioned your internet was really unstable, so it's possible that your initial downloads for the English patch failed and are corrupt.

Here's what mine looks like, so you can compare (And others if they read this topic):
    lamento_install.jpg

I do have 2 EXE's, but I just kept the original and renamed it as a backup. That's all, it's not doing anything. I do have the NoDVD EXE though, yours looks fine too.

Edit: Erm, my original screenshot had wrong filesizes, too! LOL, wow. I don't understand that, but I've updated the image now.. c_C;;;
    Last edited by Kojichan; 09-25-2015 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Erm, even my screenshot was lying! LOL

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Umm.... I finished the game and I sometimes went back to play all the bad route but today, for some reason,, the game won't load and this notification pop up every time i try to load.
    Lamento.PNG
    I can play the game from the beginning just fine and the recollection library seems to work also but it's just loading part that is having issues. I checked the save folder where the game files are but everything looks the same as last week when i last played it. As always, help is greatly appreciated.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I re-downloaded (took a whole day, sorry) and reinstalled, and this is how my folder looks like now:
    26e5fc4450.png
    while these were my downloaded files:
    56c4e5e101.png
    the game started up alright and the config menu is showing up alright now! IT also loads, even if it freezes for a split second before doing so! Thank you very much for all your help, I hope I won't have to bother you again. Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ppham6 View Post
    Umm.... I finished the game and I sometimes went back to play all the bad route but today, for some reason,, the game won't load and this notification pop up every time i try to load.
    Lamento.PNG
    I can play the game from the beginning just fine and the recollection library seems to work also but it's just loading part that is having issues. I checked the save folder where the game files are but everything looks the same as last week when i last played it. As always, help is greatly appreciated.
    Have you done anything to Lamento or your computer since the last time you played?

The error says:
    "An error occurred within the recovery of the save data."
    "The game will now close."

Have you tried all of your save files? Or did you only have one save?

Lastly, try making a new save in an empty spot, close the game, open the game, and then load that new save you made.

Quote Originally Posted by LLLL9999 View Post
    I re-downloaded (took a whole day, sorry) and reinstalled, and this is how my folder looks like now:
    26e5fc4450.png
    while these were my downloaded files:
    56c4e5e101.png
    the game started up alright and the config menu is showing up alright now! IT also loads, even if it freezes for a split second before doing so! Thank you very much for all your help, I hope I won't have to bother you again. Thank you!
    Sorry you had to redownload the whole thing... ^^;; Your folder looks great, now! You didn't bother me at all; I enjoy this!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So I tested all the save files like you said and apparently, all the saves from the first half of the game works but none for the second half. And now that you mention it, what I did was I move my Lamento folder from (Download) to C: Games, Could've been a glitch or something. I guess I'll just play it again and re-save. Thankyou for your help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

You MOVED the folder? You didn't uninstall the game and reinstall it, but physically cut and pasted it? O.o;

Normally that's not a good idea, but if the first half of the saves work, and you can keep playing with that, more power to you, I guess? XD Heheh.

Sorry about that...

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Question No voiced dialogue

So I just started playing today and everything was working super smooth (thanks a lot guys btw XD)
    I then got up to Yuukoku Valley and from then on, NONE of the dialogues had voice!

I looked through the known issues txt file and found that there were some lines that were indeed not voiced, so I assumed that was what the issue was, however it said only a few lines were not voiced and I had been playing with no voice for a while so i went back to the beginning of the game and turns out NO voices worked anymore! Not even the ones that were working just before!

I checked the settings to make sure that i didn't mute it or anything but it was all fine. Every single other sound related thing works, it's only the voices that aren't.
    Anyone possibly know how to fix...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast