aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question Hadaka Shitsuji White Screen Issue

Hello, I have just installed Hadaka Shitsuji (which I have been trying to install since 2013, but now.... finally...). I have been trying to fix this issue for more than 4-5 hours already. The white screen appears after the butler welcomes the protagonist to the mansion and after a fade to white, it is stuck in pure white. (Right at the intro, yes).

I have read the earlier posted identical thread and it didn't help me.

I am thinking this is highly possibly a case of codecs. I even went as far as changing hso.dat to hso.mpg and converting it to AVI, to no avail. But since I have really given up, I would just like to request someone to send me a save game file on the part right after the intro animation.

Looking forward to people who could help me in this one.

Thank you very much in advance.

And by the way, if actually have other solutions for the white screen other than the save game file, please do tell me if you can suggest anything that might work. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by KyonKichi; 09-16-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Hibari (L9)Hibari (chibi) (L9)

@KyonKichi; you're playing with the English patch? Hm... I don't feel like I had this problem... but I also just bought a new PC and I think I forgot to move my save file DAMN ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LOL I hafta play it all over GODDDDAMNITTTTTT... @Dids; ... help out? You're the only other one I know who played this game. XD

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello KyonKichi!

As you've guessed, the video not playing back is a codec issue, and as you've already figured out you can rename "hso.dat" to "hso.mpg" to (theoretically) play the video file on it's own.

The file was encoded to MPEG from an AVI originally with TMPEG, and uses the standard MPEG1 video format (mostly used for VideoCD's and is onna the most common video formats for MPEGs).

The downside is, if you try to convert a file to another type without a proper codec in place, it won't work. Sorry!

On that note, I also know you mentioned you reinstalled CCCP, but you also said you had Kawaii Codec Pac. I'm not sure if there may be a conflict with both of those packs being installed at the same time or not.

Which version of Windows are you running?

---

Well, either way, I do have a save file passed the video prepared for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svsli7e36u...ve100.dat?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gibliq6bkh...ve100.snp?dl=0

You will need BOTH files, even if one is just a raw image of a screenshot. XP;
    Drop-kick these into the "SaveData" folder for your game. When you load the game and continue, it's the very last save file on Page 10. Slot 99. I left it there so it didn't overwrite any other possible saves.

Lastly, did you also pick up the English UI patch to go along with your English text translation? ^^
    Last edited by Kojichan; 09-17-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

@Kojichan; Came to the rescue~!! Here, you have your saved files now @laketica; Hf playing...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Hibari (L9)Hibari (chibi) (L9)

omg thanks for the mention @Dids; -- and thank YOUUU @Kojichan;!!!!!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi OMG sorry for replying only now... I found friends who started to play this game after me and they were able to provide me a savegame file already. That's the last resort I went through.

I'm on Windows 7 and it's highly possible that it's really some codec problems. I'm sorry to have troubled you all...