aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi Run Issue

Well, I recently downloaded and installed Togainu no Chi onto my brand new laptop. I had the game on my old one, played through all of it, and now I want to play through it again.

The problem: my new laptop runs on windows 8.

I've seen people run Togainu no Chi on Windows 8 before, and I know there have been issues with saves, mostly. However, my issue, I haven't been able to find anything for.

Simply put, the game refuses to start up.

I'll click on it, get a message telling me to run it as an administrator, and try that. Nothing happens. I've pulled up Task Manager, too, to see if it opens up and just shuts down, but the game will literally not open/start up.

The game is updated, and I've tried running it in every compatibility mode available but nothing different happens. I have Windows 8 64 bit, and I feel like the fact that the program is 32 bit might be causing the issue, but I'm honestly not very sure. My locale is set to Japanese, and I've installed AND played both Lamento and DMMd on this computer successfully. I'll give out any more info if it's needed.

Honestly, any help at all would be appreciated. I would really like to run through this game again.

KDM
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Same thing here. But I had installed the game before, it worked when i installed but I didnt play for months, than when I tried to play it gave me an error message in japanese, so I uninstalled and installed again, it worked fine (with AppLocale), I even played and solve the save/load problem. Than next weekend when I tried to play it gave me the error message again, I tried to solve the same way I did before (unintall/install again) but this time I started to have the same issue the post's creator is having. (this time I even changed my locale to Japanese, but didnt work)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    Same thing here. But I had installed the game before, it worked when i installed but I didnt play for months, than when I tried to play it gave me an error message in japanese, so I uninstalled and installed again, it worked fine (with AppLocale), I even played and solve the save/load problem. Than next weekend when I tried to play it gave me the error message again, I tried to solve the same way I did before (unintall/install again) but this time I started to have the same issue the post's creator is having. (this time I even changed my locale to Japanese, but didnt work)
    KDM, this is actually a super-duper recent issue with Windows computers that have just recently used Windows Update. Windows update is a "Behind the scenes" program that tries to keep your computer patched with the latest security patches to keep your computer "safe", but at the same time, this latest update (dated September 7th, 2015) actually KILLED Togainu no Chi.

(More at the bottom of this post here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4329709 )

For some stupid reason, the latest Windows Update triggers some "extra security" that causes Windows to think Togainu no Chi requires super Admin powers to run, when it honestly doesn't. This is an issue on EACH of Windows 7, 8 (and 8.1) as well as Windows 10.

As it stands, I heard a rumour that the newer Windows will have the ability to block "Pirated" games, but nobody knows what this means, or what it entails. I have no clue how this thing can check if it's a pirated game problem or not. But in either case, this latest Windows Update security patch blocks TnC from working.

Let's try something here...

Follow these steps for Win 8 and 10.

1) Right-click the folder in question, select Properties.
    2) Click the Security Tab, then Advanced.
    3) Look for the Owner tab at the top of the window, and look for where it says "Change." Click it.
    4) Click Advanced at the bottom.
    5) Click Find Now and scroll down the list that appears until you find your username. Select it, then click OK, then OK again. If using Windows 8, it should be your name, then your windows account (an email address) unless you didn't connect to their online service during install or account creation.

Windows 7 is similar, but instead of clicking "Change" in step 3, look for "Edit" and then select your username.

Lastly, if this doesn't work, then a temporary solution is listed in spoilers (because it's not entirely recommended, but it does work)

--- Oh! pokegal93? Would you be able to update the title of your post to include something like "administrator error" or something? I want to try and get other people who are having this issue to also see this topic. ^^ Thanks!
    Last edited by Kojichan; 09-15-2015 at 08:08 AM.

4. KDM

KDM
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried the steps, didnt work so I uninstalled the windows update but still doesnt work

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post

Who cares about Windows updates?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    I tried the steps, didnt work so I uninstalled the windows update but still doesnt work

Well, now I'm not sure if you're having the same issue as every one else. Could you take a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Also, you should keep your System Locale to Japanese if you plan on playing a lot of Visual Novels. Especially when installing them.

Lastly, could you also take a screenshot of where you installed Togainu no Chi, and tell me what the name of the folder where it was installed to is?

Thanks!

8. KDM

KDM
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

After several tries I finally gave up playing it on windows 8 and created a virtual machine with XP, now everything is working perfectly, but thanks a lot for the help.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Geh. XD;; Sorry you had to go that far... Well, have fun!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Heart 1 (Red)Akira TnC (L1)
    Morinaga (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Tatsumi Souichi (L6)
    (S004) TakiX Classic Italics (Black)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Hi could anyone give me the full name of the Windows update KB Patch? There is lots here all around the same date and I would hate to delete the wrong one :S

thanks!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Heart 1 (Red)Akira TnC (L1)
    Morinaga (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Tatsumi Souichi (L6)
    (S004) TakiX Classic Italics (Black)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Sorry found the name in the other thread! but its still not in my list :S
    Im running windows 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast