aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ppham6 View Post
    No, i created specific folders for games in the download section and i put all my game files there. I downloaded the .rar file from this website then extracted it then i mounted the .iso file and it seems to work fine for about 2 days. OH! that's right! in the English patch in step 1 you're suppose to launch the 101 update correct? Then after the update should the game .exe should say version 1.0.1 or version 1.0.0? I thought that could be the problem because the game keep saying ver 1.0.0 no matter how many time i try to update it or maybe it didn't update at all?
    Attachment 169203Attachment 169204
    Actually, the version number is only visible in the "Config" panel when the game is launched. XD;; Doesn't help us, I'm sorry. But the only patch you need alters the scriptfile, making it Version 1.01. The EXE will always be 1.0

Also, don't run the updater more than once. I don't know if it'll have any adverse side effects, so it's better to only run things like patchers once.
    (Please see bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by klari19 View Post
    Same here! I installed my game into a different location: /Documents/Games
    (Please see bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by winterlion View Post
    I tried unmounting it and opening it to see if I'd get a game disc error instead, but it was the same admin one instead. I also tried reinstalling it to no avail.
    I got my copy from here, so I think I'll try the copy here on aarinfantasy and see if that works.

Edit:
    This is a screenshot of what I already have. (I haven't downloaded the aarinfantasy one yet)
    Attachment 169207

If it helps any, it seems to be Togainu that's the problem as I downloaded Lamento today and it works fine.
    Out of curiosity, where is your "General" folder for your Libraries ACTUALLY located? The Libraries feature of Windows is just a bunch of links to the actual folders on your computer. In otherwords, there is no C:\Libraries\General\ folder, it's actually somewhere else, C:\???\General\ but it's linked to in the libraries area to make it easier to access.

If you back out to the "General" folder, at the top there's a link to click that says "1 location" or "2 locations". Hovering over it will tell you the folder names, but clicking on it brings up a more detailed list.
    (Please see bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Same here.
    I installed in /Documents/Games.
    Should I try to install in default location?
    It's actually not recommended, especially when a game is as old as Togainu no Chi. The default location won't let the game save it's gamesaves properly.
    (Please see below)

----

Uhm, all of you had just recently gotten this "Administrator" error, right?

That error message is from Windows, not Togainu no Chi by the way, and it says:

Access Denied
    Please try logging in once more with administrator privileges
    There was a Windows update security for EACH Windows 7, 8, and 10 on September 7th, 2015. It is likely that this update might have caused some folders on Windows to require higher privileges, or just act 'differently.' So instead of installing TnC to your Documents folder, your Downloads folder or your Library area (And definitely not your Desktop), try creating a new folder on your drive C:, (like C:\Games\) And re-installing Togainu no Chi there, instead.

If you want to keep your save files, copy them from the TnC folder before you uninstall, move them to your desktop or something first, then uninstall, and reinstall TnC, then you can move your savefile back.

I can't guarantee that this will work, as TnC is such an old game, that it might just have old code that doesn't like this latest Windows patch. I don't know entirely.

I've disabled Updates on my Windows 7, years ago, because I got upset for some stupid reason, so I don't have that update on my system yet. You can try uninstalling the latest Windows Update from your system to try and see if that allows the game to run. You can always reinstall that update.

Unfortunately I don't know what update caused it. There was about 6-8 patches. In Windows 10, the latest update was marked as package "KB3081455". That's all I know.

Really sorry, guys. I'll keep looking, but do try my suggestion first before uninstalling any Windows Updates.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 09-13-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Comma's are important, people.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Out of curiosity, where is your "General" folder for your Libraries ACTUALLY located? The Libraries feature of Windows is just a bunch of links to the actual folders on your computer. In otherwords, there is no C:\Libraries\General\ folder, it's actually somewhere else, C:\???\General\ but it's linked to in the libraries area to make it easier to access.

If you back out to the "General" folder, at the top there's a link to click that says "1 location" or "2 locations". Hovering over it will tell you the folder names, but clicking on it brings up a more detailed list.
    (Please see bottom)

----

Uhm, all of you had just recently gotten this "Administrator" error, right?

That error message is from Windows, not Togainu no Chi by the way, and it says:

There was a Windows update security for EACH Windows 7, 8, and 10 on September 7th, 2015. It is likely that this update might have caused some folders on Windows to require higher privileges, or just act 'differently.' So instead of installing TnC to your Documents folder, your Downloads folder or your Library area (And definitely not your Desktop), try creating a new folder on your drive C:, (like C:\Games\) And re-installing Togainu no Chi there, instead.

If you want to keep your save files, copy them from the TnC folder before you uninstall, move them to your desktop or something first, then uninstall, and reinstall TnC, then you can move your savefile back.

I can't guarantee that this will work, as TnC is such an old game, that it might just have old code that doesn't like this latest Windows patch. I don't know entirely.

I've disabled Updates on my Windows 7, years ago, because I got upset for some stupid reason, so I don't have that update on my system yet. You can try uninstalling the latest Windows Update from your system to try and see if that allows the game to run. You can always reinstall that update.

Unfortunately I don't know what update caused it. There was about 6-8 patches. In Windows 10, the latest update was marked as package "KB3081455". That's all I know.

Really sorry, guys. I'll keep looking, but do try my suggestion first before uninstalling any Windows Updates.
    Oh yeah, it's linked to Music ^^;. I had a folder I wanted in General and it was in Music so I just used that.

That's what happened? I guess it'd fit the timeline. Unfortunately I'm still getting the error even after installing it in a C:/Games folder, so I guess it's the update.

Edit: Yep! Uninstalling the update worked!
    Last edited by winterlion; 09-13-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh my God, thank you so much! I was about to going crazy! I've uninstalled all the updates and now it works perfect! Thank you so so much! ~

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kumichi View Post
    Oh my God, thank you so much! I was about to going crazy! I've uninstalled all the updates and now it works perfect! Thank you so so much! ~
    Did you revert back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Windows 8, Ive just uninstalled the lastest updates from 9th and 10th september

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

OKAYYYY! UPDATE ON PROGRESS! You magnificent beast *gives millions of virtual kisses* thank you so very much. So I follow your advice and made a Game folder on my C:/ drive, uninstall all the recent security updates and after the computer restart, i install the game again and it works!!!! Hooray! I tested the game and ran into another problem. The game file save just fine but the game freezes when i try to load it again. BUT i found this thread Screenshot (32).jpg, after changing comparability mode to window 7 and following the steps, the game work perfectly! So if anyone is having loading issues, this will fix it like a charm. Once again i really appreciate your help and now i finally get to play~~~ *^*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

As for me, I'm not entirely sure but I think I might have made some progress? Although I still can't open the game lol
    Now what I have is a TnC icon with the administrator logo stuck on it. Here are some pics:
    tnc erfgà.JPGtnc.jpg
    And every time I try to open the game, I get the "Do you want to allow this unkown program to make changes on your computer?" window, I click "Yes", but then nothing happens.....

Any thoughts?

PS: I uninstalled the game and installed it in Windows C:/Games/咎狗の血/
    PS 2: Also, I enabled my computer's administrator account following the instructions on this post.
    Last edited by klari19; 09-13-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kumichi View Post
    Windows 8, Ive just uninstalled the lastest updates from 9th and 10th september
    Hmmm... okay, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ppham6 View Post
    OKAYYYY! UPDATE ON PROGRESS! You magnificent beast *gives millions of virtual kisses* thank you so very much. So I follow your advice and made a Game folder on my C:/ drive, uninstall all the recent security updates and after the computer restart, i install the game again and it works!!!! Hooray! I tested the game and ran into another problem. The game file save just fine but the game freezes when i try to load it again. BUT i found this thread Screenshot (32).jpg, after changing comparability mode to window 7 and following the steps, the game work perfectly! So if anyone is having loading issues, this will fix it like a charm. Once again i really appreciate your help and now i finally get to play~~~ *^*
    Congrats TuT

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

What I did was I uninstalled every TnC file and started anew with the .rar file but since you already have saved files, just uninstalled every security update in September which you can do it in control panel Screenshot (33).jpg . Oh and the administrator logo shouldn't pose any problem because I have it too. After you uninstall the security updates, restart your computer and test the game using window 7 compatibility, maybe that will help? I really hope this will solve the problem because I understand your frustration.
    Last edited by ppham6; 09-13-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Bad Engrish is Bad

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    @winterlion, @Kumichi, @ppham6

Holy crap, I was NOT expecting that to actually work, and was preparing for the worst. o__O Congrats everyone! XP

It's unfortunate that those security updates were what botched older games like that. I hope you don't have any further issues... ^^ It would have been better if we could have found a solution that didn't involve removing updates...

Quote Originally Posted by klari19 View Post
    As for me, I'm not entirely sure but I think I might have made some progress? Although I still can't open the game lol
    Now what I have is a TnC icon with the administrator logo stuck on it. Here are some pics:
    tnc erfgà.JPGtnc.jpg
    And every time I try to open the game, I get the "Do you want to allow this unkown program to make changes on your computer?" window, I click "Yes", but then nothing happens.....

Any thoughts?

PS: I uninstalled the game and installed it in Windows C:/Games/咎狗の血/
    PS 2: Also, I enabled my computer's administrator account following the instructions on this post.
    Hmm, that Admin icon is for UAC (Which is what is coming up and bothering you).

Did you install TnC as the administrator account, or as your main account?

Out of curiosity, could you Right-click on the Togainu no Chi program icon in the folder, and select "Properties"?

dmmdre_crack_properties.png

This is an example of what it might look like. Ignore the fact it's for the wrong game, and ignore the first red circle.

Check to see if there's the second red circle or not.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast