aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Mookyul (L10)(S015) EwonYuki Eiri (L10)
    Satoru Kutsuna (L8)Ryou Kashiba (L8)(S008) Shuichi
    (S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S044) Shirotani Tadaomi(S055) Doumeki

Issue Full Screening No, Thank You!!!

Hi! I'm completely lost as to why this could be happening and I'm out of ideas, so I was hoping someone might know why this is happening:

The game creates this huge black border when I press the "full screen" option in the game's settings
    and the game is stretched and shrunk
    Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 09-02-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    This might actually be a Graphics card issue, more than the game itself.

Lessie... Make sure you update your graphics card drivers. If you don't know what company made your graphics card, you can right-click on the desktop, and select "Screen Resolution", then click on the text link that says "Advance settings".

A window will pop up with information about your card, like NVidia GeForce ETC ETC. Depending on what it is, head to the manufacturers website to download and install the latest drivers.

Don't forget to restart if you need to.

If the game still is bugging out like that, then it might be a setting in the options for the Graphics card.

I have an NVidia GeForce graphics card, so when I right-click on the desktop I can select "NVidia Control Panel" and get settings for my card there.

If you have the same card, after opening the Nvidia Cotnrol Panel, look for the section marked "Display > Adjust desktop size and position".

In the main window a panel with a tab named "Scaling" should be visible.

Yours might be set to "No scaling", so set it to "Full-screen" or "Aspect ratio".

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hi! Thank you for helping me!

I have a NVidea Geforce GTX 960M graphics card
    Windows 8.1, 64 bit

I'm guessing I have to update my driver because in my setting only these options appear:

So I can't find a "Display" section

Is there a way to make those sections appear or can you link me to the driver I should download? I tried downloading what I thought should be the appropriate driver but it said "Installation failed" after it completed and nothing changed in the settings

Edit* My computer says I have the latest driver installed already. But no other tabs besides "3D settings" appears so I'm guessing the display options go through something else? Can I make the display settings go through NVidea?
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 09-03-2015 at 05:10 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Huh. o_O No other options are showing up?

...By chance do you have two monitors hooked up to your graphics card?

Or are you running on a laptop?

Moreover, do you know if your computer is one of those "Optimus" ones, with an Intel Graphics Processor? Err, too techy for you? I hope not. XD;;;

Lastly, almost all computers usually say they have the latest drivers. But it's a toss up for if it really does or not. Head over to the nVidia page to check for real: Drivers | GeForce (Auto detect GPU on the bottom right)

Err, well, actually... If you are running a computer with an nVidia graphics card, and the computer has one of those Intel GPU's as well, then you're better off trying the Intel Graphics and Media Control panel. The options should be in there.

(Spoiler for big image)

Should be able to find it by typing it's name...

And, the "Scale Full-screen" option seems to only be available once you're actually IN that resolution. ... So... Uh, temporarily change your Desktop's screen resolution to the proper one for "No Thank-you!" (I don't know it offhand, sorry), then go into the Intel Graphics control thingy. o.o;;

I hope this helps you. I'm really sorry you have this issue, and I'm sorry if I'm confusing the crap out of you. It's not intentional.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

@Kojichan;

Hi! I'm so sorry for not replying, I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to get back to this

I'm running a laptop, I'm not sure if it's an "optimus" - I've heard about these, not 100% sure what they are though, but I know my laptop has a NVidea graphics card and an intel processor

when I go to my intel settings I see this:
    Intel Control Panel.jpgIntel Display Options.jpg

And there are no more settings under advanced

edit* Ok, I just tried running the game and then manually changing the resolution to 1024 x 768 and I can run the game in full screen perfectly! Thank you!!

Just wondering, if there is any way to make my laptop scale the resolution automatically? But anyway, thank you so much!
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 09-15-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    @Kojichan;

Hi! I'm so sorry for not replying, I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to get back to this

I'm running a laptop, I'm not sure if it's an "optimus" - I've heard about these, not 100% sure what they are though, but I know my laptop has a NVidea graphics card and an intel processor

when I go to my intel settings I see this:
    Intel Control Panel.jpgIntel Display Options.jpg

And there are no more settings under advanced

edit* Ok, I just tried running the game and then manually changing the resolution to 1024 x 768 and I can run the game in full screen perfectly! Thank you!!

Just wondering, if there is any way to make my laptop scale the resolution automatically? But anyway, thank you so much!
    I'm not too sure what "Optimus" is either, but from what I had gathered, it's a special chip on certain computers that have nVidea graphics card and Intel processors. It's meant to be a special graphics chip to help it, but it just seems to block features from the Nvidia graphics control thingy.

Anywho... As for the "Auto scaling" you have to first switch to the screen resolution the game runs in (I think it's that 1024x768). NOW open up the Intel Graphics Control panel and check out the options.

The options are different depending on what resolution you are in. So now you can mess with the "Scaling" option. Set it appropriately, (Drop the dropdown and set to "Scale Full Screen" )

Then you can go back to your original resolution, and play the game normally in full screen.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

I changed the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 then opened the Intel Graphics contol panel
    However, If I select "Scale Full Screen" the game ends up stretched
    But the game appears fine if I select "Maintain Aspect Ratio"
    Therefore, if I go back to my original screen resolution, the problem with the black bars and stretching persist

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I'm sorry, I don't know what all of the options are for the Intel graphics config program so I don't know which option would be right for you. x.x;; I don't have that myself, so I can't test it, either... Moreover, (even though I'm not using a laptop), my own monitor also allows me to fix that kind of stretching issue. ^^;;;;;

Wish I could say more but I guess that's all I can. x.x; At least it's somewhat playable, I'm just sorry it's so round-about.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

No, that's ok! Thank you so much for making it playable in full screen for me! =D
    That's more than enough~

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Just in case anyone finds this thread because they had the same problem:

- Right click the desktop shortcut (Or the exe file)
    - Click "Properties"
    - Click "Compatibility"
    - check the option "disable display scaling on high DPI Settings"

This fixed the resolution issue I was having. May possibly make text slightly blurrier (It did with other games) But it seems fine in NTY