aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Whoa. o_O What an ordeal. I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that, but I'm glad you finally got it working properly!

Please enjoy. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Please help. I'm not sure what to do?

I've tried multiple times to open the file to play. I've done all the steps but every-time I click on it and start playing it never appears and crashes instantly.
    I do have Windows 10 and I would really like to avoid down grading it to play this game.

I have DMMd installed and reconnect installed and I had no problems.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hello muzyukii!

Lamento is older than DMMd and Reconnect, so it won't work out-of-the-box like them.

Windows 10 seems to be having issues with older games (Along with Togainu no Chi, from what I've heard...)

A few people have had success by using a NoDVD EXE for Lamento, which can be found here: Index of /patches

You could give that a try, don't forget to try to run the game in Administrator mode, and make sure Lamento is NOT installed into the default location (Not C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\, install it somewhere else like C:\Games)

Other than that, you could try using VMWare or another Virtual Machine to emulate Windows 7 in a Windows 10 computer... I'm really sorry.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Rai (L7)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Axel (L10)Tyki (L6)Alois (L6)
    Rayflo (L8)Konoe (L2)Asato (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_angel_baby View Post
    Ok! Thank you for responding so quickly!~

Ah! I will try these, I thought that since I had different permissions for my drive and folder I wouldn't have to worry about the write to drive/save issue, I'll move it to my other drive then

Umm there is a LmtDVDVer103.exe patch file? I've only seen/have LmtDVDVer101.exe, LmtDVDVer102.exe, and LmtDVDVer202.exe. I even have LmtCDVer200.exe, read on one of the threads to make sure you have this one not the DVD one . I'll go look for this one as well then and only run that.

Ah, I didn't realize that they were the same patch for two different things, I must have read that wrong, thank you for clarifying that for me. Also thank you for telling me to rename the files, I was wondering this but none of the installation threads explicitly said to do that.

I'm a simple person and you have to tell me that you must do "A A.a A.b A.c then B C and D" XD
    Once again thank you very much and I'll report back with my results

----

Update 09/02/15 22:15
    After many uninstalls and reinstalls (7/6) it finally worked! I had to change up the order of some of the steps, change my location twice, run CCleaner 3 times and restart my computer once but worked! Thank you so much in helping me!
    How did you install the game with Windows 10? Did you use the Firestorm 717 download or something else? You wouldn't happen to remember the order in which you installed everything, would you? I'm now using WIn 10 and I'm having such a hard time just getting the game to run (not installing english patch until I can run the game)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L6)Levi SnK (L8)Aoba (L2)
    Mink (L4)Flower 1 (Pink)Noiz (L6)
    Clear (L9)(S040) Ryouma(S041) Izumi
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoiPANDAS View Post
    How did you install the game with Windows 10? Did you use the Firestorm 717 download or something else? You wouldn't happen to remember the order in which you installed everything, would you? I'm now using WIn 10 and I'm having such a hard time just getting the game to run (not installing english patch until I can run the game)
    Sorry for the late reply,unfortunately I have downgraded back to windows 7 as my older machine and all the mods on it does not like windows 10, even my virus protection doesn't like windows 10. If it helps I will tell you what I did to get it at least running on windows 10 (text error and all)
    1. I used daemon tools lite here
    2. I unpacked everything with 7-zip file manager and placed them in a folder on my desktop
    3. I installed everything on a separate partition on my HDD in the following order
    1. mounted Lamento_DVD.ISO to daemon
    2. mounted Boot.ISO to daemon
    3. clicked on the dvd ISO and followed the prompts to run it
    4. once I was sure it was completely done running I ran LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102
    5. In the install folder I ctrl+x the patches I wanted and ctrl+v into the install folder where the belonged (it was after then I sought help because I didn't know that you had to choose only 1 patch XD)

4. Run the Game from the install folder
    The following is only speculation if I stayed with windows 10, I probably would have installed the proper patches and the no dvd path as well, it probably would have worked fine. Also, I have system admin privileges on my computer (some people don't), if something doesn't run and you know you have system admin privileges always right click and select "run as admin" sometimes the system's safety's features (windows defender) block you from doing things it thinks you don't know what you are doing.
    I hope this helps and once again sorry for the late reply
    ~Luna

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nishinoya Yuu (L9)
    EDT: The problem has been resolved! (Not sure how to delete comment, however). Thanks to everyone who has been assisting with troubleshooting!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CheshireCity; 04-05-2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Please help! I followed all the instructions exactly but when I try to open the game, nothing happens.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by choulove55 View Post
    Please help! I followed all the instructions exactly but when I try to open the game, nothing happens.

Hello choulove55!

When you say "nothing happens," are you saying that when you launch the program after installing everything by following the instructions, that nothing shows up? Or are you saying that the game window shows up, but it's all black? ^^

Would you be able to answer a few of these questions?

- What version of Windows are you using?
    - Is your System Unicode Locale set to Japanese?
    - What folder did you install Lamento into?
    - Are you running any antivirus programs?

Also, would you possibly be able to take a screenshot of the folder where you put Lamento? ^^ Try to get the folder to be in "Details" format, so you can see the file sizes of each file.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello choulove55!

When you say "nothing happens," are you saying that when you launch the program after installing everything by following the instructions, that nothing shows up? Or are you saying that the game window shows up, but it's all black? ^^

Would you be able to answer a few of these questions?

- What version of Windows are you using?
    - Is your System Unicode Locale set to Japanese?
    - What folder did you install Lamento into?
    - Are you running any antivirus programs?

Also, would you possibly be able to take a screenshot of the folder where you put Lamento? ^^ Try to get the folder to be in "Details" format, so you can see the file sizes of each file.
    When I click on the game to open it, nothing shows up. I'm using windows 8 and I set the system unicode locale to japanese before I started following any of the steps. I'm not running any antivirus programs. I originally installed Lamento in the Program Files (x86) but then I moved the folder out to the C:

Let me know if I answered incorrectly or something, i'm kinda new to Windows. Thanks for the help.

lamento screenshot.png

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ah this is a simple case.

Go to this site. Index of /patches

And download the Lamento no-dvd patch. Copy paste it on the folder. If you want to retain the old .exe of Lamento, you may rewrite the extension as .bak (to make it a type of back-up file.)

You may also want to download the Lamento update ver 1.03 and apply it if you haven't already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast