aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lrr
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

LAMENTO -BEYOND THE VOID- installation problems!

Hello, guys! (︶ω︶)

I've been trying and trying to install Lamento but it simply doesn't work?
    I tried following new and old guides, I tried downloading the game from multiples sources, I tried running it as administrator, but... it always ends up with this damned frozen black screen:

Untitled 1.jpg

I've noticed that during the installation process I don't get the error 1503, which I should be getting according to some installation guides (like this one, for example). Anyway... even after I install LmtDVDVer103.exe and do whatever I'm told to... this damned black screen still haunts me!!!!

I thought it was happening because I'm on Windows 8 (and in most of the guides people have Windows 7) but someone on tumblr told me they could install and play it on 8 (so I'm feeling completely lost and hopeless right now!) Have you tried installing it on windows 8? Is it really possible to play it on 8, even though it's an old game?

What should I do?
    I'm desperate! ( ;゚д゚)

Thanks for reading!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Irr!

Which version of Windows 8 are you running? Also, is your System Locale set to Japanese?

And, what folder did you install Lamento into? (Would you be able to post a screenshot of this folder here? ^^)

Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nishinoya Yuu (L9)
    Not OP, but I'm having the same EXACT problem (black screen and no error message during install process). I've looked up install guides all over the place and have tried to troubleshoot accordingly.

My region and language is actively set to Japan/Japanese and I have patches 101, 102, and 103. I'm hesitant to install 200 because I want to install the newly released English patch and it stated that 200 may have some conflicts.

I unzipped my download and have it in a folder called "Lamento". The game itself is installed under C:Program Files (x86) > NitroplusCHIRAL > Lamento -Beyond the Void- DVD

I'm sort of at my wits end here. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

sorry!

hey guys! i'm sorry this isnt a post relevant to your conflict but i noticed that you just started trying to install lamento recently and just encountered a problem myself and thought maybe you could help? i successfully downloaded all the parts except 8 which i guess was broken. i tried a mega download for the whole game but i keep getting an error message from that site and i feel like i've tried all the links in the most popular posts here about the game! if you downloaded the parts or whole game at once recently, would you mind sharing the link (or links) that worked for you with me? good luck with your issue too!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireCity View Post
    Not OP, but I'm having the same EXACT problem (black screen and no error message during install process). I've looked up install guides all over the place and have tried to troubleshoot accordingly.

My region and language is actively set to Japan/Japanese and I have patches 101, 102, and 103. I'm hesitant to install 200 because I want to install the newly released English patch and it stated that 200 may have some conflicts.

I unzipped my download and have it in a folder called "Lamento". The game itself is installed under C:Program Files (x86) > NitroplusCHIRAL > Lamento -Beyond the Void- DVD

I'm sort of at my wits end here. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
    Hello CheshireCity! ^_^

Actually, don't install the LmtDVDVer200 patch. 103 is fine enough, and that's what the English patch was made with so you'd actually be doing yourself a disservice by using it.

The game is an older game, and is quite picky in it's choice of install locations. Try installing it OUTSIDE of the default install location (C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\). I have a folder specifically for stuff like this (C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\), because older games tend to write the saves for the game in the same folder it was installed to, and might have problems with that and reading extra stuff.

Would you mind telling me what version of Windows are you running? Also, are you trying to use the NoDVD patch for the game as well?

Quote Originally Posted by claireakkuma View Post
    hey guys! i'm sorry this isnt a post relevant to your conflict but i noticed that you just started trying to install lamento recently and just encountered a problem myself and thought maybe you could help? i successfully downloaded all the parts except 8 which i guess was broken. i tried a mega download for the whole game but i keep getting an error message from that site and i feel like i've tried all the links in the most popular posts here about the game! if you downloaded the parts or whole game at once recently, would you mind sharing the link (or links) that worked for you with me? good luck with your issue too!
    Actually, there are lots of wonderful people sharing games in the Game downloads folder. One for Lamento is there as well with many different variations of ways to download:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...the-void~.html

The very first post contains a Torrent from Firestorm which many people have found useful. Give it a try. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

A couple friends of mine and myself also been having this problem. The biggest indication we get is the lack of the 1503 error window appearing. We have tried installing the game directly in the C: drive, in the user folders, even using the boot.iso and NoDVD patch to try and get the game to play. We get the same problem each time, a black screen or it won't open. All three of us use a Windows 8.1 PC and have the 103 update. (I also have the bad feeling that the 200 update would allow it to play, but then it would render the english patch useless.)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by 13thsable View Post
    A couple friends of mine and myself also been having this problem. The biggest indication we get is the lack of the 1503 error window appearing. We have tried installing the game directly in the C: drive, in the user folders, even using the boot.iso and NoDVD patch to try and get the game to play. We get the same problem each time, a black screen or it won't open. All three of us use a Windows 8.1 PC and have the 103 update. (I also have the bad feeling that the 200 update would allow it to play, but then it would render the english patch useless.)
    Hello 13thsable! ^_^

You don't need to have the 1503 error. I never got it when I installed Lamento. Mind you, I also never bothered with the boot.iso, so...

Now lessie...

Do you and your friends all have the English patch already in your Lamento folder? Or are you trying the game before you put the English patch in?

I don't suppose you and your friends could take screenshots of the installation folder?

It should look something like mine:
    lamento_install.jpg

Also, where did you download your version of Lamento and the NoDVD patch from?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Have you checked to see if the shortcut you made is actually the shortcut and not the actual .exe file? I found that I accidentally cut my .exe file to my desktop leaving my shortcut in my game installation directory which caused the black screen to show up then dissappear. After fixing the .exe back to the installation directory, everythings fine. And i'm using windows 8.1 ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ummm, I was told to check out this thread. I posted one before saying about how to see if it worked on windows 10. But I keep on installing it but I keep getting a black screen. I set it up from Japanese and follow the instructions but keep getting the black screen.

Thank you and sorry if I spammed you all.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Lamento is played with the installer DVD MOUNTED. AKA, if you have the physical DVD, you insert them in the disk drive to play Lamento because that's how Lamento checks for anti-piracy.

So, Y'all needed the ff:
    1. Mounting boot.iso, then Mount on a separate drive the Lamento ISO OR
    2. Replace the Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.exe with the noDVD version so you don't need to mount boot.iso and Lamento DVD ISO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast