aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hnn. I tried making a folder but it's still not reading. I even tried putting it in the Program x86 folder with and without the save folder I made but it keeps reading Invalid when I try to save.

I guess if all else fails I can just start over from scratch each time aha uxu

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

text issues?

I'm not exactly sure if this follows along with this thread but it is loading and saving problems so....
    I've looked through the common problems folder, but I didn't see anything on this. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes. I've had the game working for a few days, but today I stated having issues loading things. It'll work fine, but when I get to a new scene the text turns to Japanese and it won't turn back. It's happened on two save files after I tried to use the skip function on one.

I've found this happens once the scene changes after i loaded. It didn't do this yesterday and I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet

Edit:
    OK SO i tried to restart the game thinking it might work and now the whole thing is japanese
    Last edited by Sesshisuna; 08-28-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Sesshisuna;
    Try repatching the eng for it? I can't even get mine to work properly so I can't offer too much feedback about it aha

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Lamento isn't too old for Windows 7. XD I got it working perfectly fine on mine.

TnC is old. But it also runs on Windows 7, yeah. Just like you.

Lamento is just very prickly, from what I've encountered... Like a fickle little...kitty. XD

Anywho... Care to take a screenshot of your Lamento install folder?
    Hi, sorry for the late reply

Here's where I've reinstalled my game. It's still in the Program x86 but in a different folder.

The only problem I have encountered with the game so far is the loading - everything else works fine.

game_save.png

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siyon View Post
    Hnn. I tried making a folder but it's still not reading. I even tried putting it in the Program x86 folder with and without the save folder I made but it keeps reading Invalid when I try to save.

I guess if all else fails I can just start over from scratch each time aha uxu
    What version of Windows are you running? Also, which LmtDVDVer patches have you run? There's a version of Lamento out there that makes it's save folder in the %APPDATA% area, instead of the same install folder. If you have that version, there's a chance therein lies the issue. Also, your version of Windows, is it's ACTUAL language set to anything that's not English? (Not the System Locale. System Locale should be set to Jap, but your system Language could be Portuguese, Russian, or whatever) If it's something NON-English, check to make sure your Windows user name does NOT contain any non-English characters.

Japanese Locale games have a tough time reading extended characters from other languages.

And actually, keep Lamento out of C:\Program Files (x86)\ That's not a good place for older games. When you "put" it there, did you just cut and paste the game, or did you uninstall then re-install it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshisuna View Post
    I'm not exactly sure if this follows along with this thread but it is loading and saving problems so....
    I've looked through the common problems folder, but I didn't see anything on this. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but here goes. I've had the game working for a few days, but today I stated having issues loading things. It'll work fine, but when I get to a new scene the text turns to Japanese and it won't turn back. It's happened on two save files after I tried to use the skip function on one.

I've found this happens once the scene changes after i loaded. It didn't do this yesterday and I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet

Edit:
    OK SO i tried to restart the game thinking it might work and now the whole thing is japanese
    Oh! I made a reply to this in another post. Check your other post!

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Amphitrite View Post
    Hi, sorry for the late reply

Here's where I've reinstalled my game. It's still in the Program x86 but in a different folder.

The only problem I have encountered with the game so far is the loading - everything else works fine.

game_save.png
    HUH. That's so weird.

Let's see... Uhm... Those saves, were they made BEFORE or AFTER you installed the English Patch/any LmtDVDVerXXX patches?

Don't suppose you could Zip those up and fire 'em off to me so I can try them? I'm not encountering this problem, so I want to try something.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Kojichan;
    I'm running w7 64bit, when I ran as admin it said all three of them were successfully patched. The locale is in jp and everything else is in eng; and I cp'd the folder into x86 when I tried it (I've since put it back out in the c drive because it didn't like being in program files)

I think I'm just really confused about it because some people have had problems running it in 64, but everything except saving is working fine on my end

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yeah, it's not a good idea to cut and paste entire games like that once they've been installed.

I'm running Win 7 64-bit as well, and my game is installed on my drive C, too. Though I only have the LmtDVDVer103 patch on mine.

I mounted the ISO, installed it on C:, then ran the LmtDVDVer103, then made sure the game worked. Afterwards, when the English patch came out, I put that in place. I didn't run any other LmtDVDVerXXX patches.

What have you run? You said you ran all three???

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I've run 101, 102, and 200 for mine, but it didn't come with 103. Maybe that's why my save isn't working...hm. I'll try messing with it again a little later

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Sure! Just DO NOT run 200. The English Patch was worked on from version 103. If you use LmtDVDVer200, it won't work properly anymore.

Spellcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, I'm really curious about that, too... Were these saves made before the full English patch was applied or after? Could you tell me what Lamento version you're playing with, and what, if any, LmtDVDVer Patches have been applied?
    Sorry for the late reply!

I actually downloaded the whole game and patches at the moment the full patch was announced as complete, so it's still pretty recent. As for the Lamento version, I think it was the original version uploaded by @Firestorm717. I didn't apply any patches yet, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast