aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu No Chi: Game Start Error

Hey! I've looked through tons of the forums but I haven't seen this problem!
    I downloaded an ISO + Patch zip off of aarinfantasy and downloaded just fine. I got it all running no problem but when I press game start on the loading screen, it sends me and error message. My only option is to close that error message which closes the loading screen with it.
    tnc1.jpgugh2.png

Some extra facts in case it is helpful.
    My system locale is set to Japanese and I did it before downloading.
    About a year ago this game was working. I didn't come back to it for a few months and when I did it wasn't working. My friend took this computer for a bit and just gave it back and upon trying to play TNC today, it is still not working.
    As for operating system info and processor, here is a screenshot.
    Screenshot_2.png
    I'd appreciate some assistance as soon as possible, thank you! c:

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Paxxidental!

Could you take a screenshot of the folder where Togainu no Chi was installed to? Also, let us know WHERE the game was installed as well!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you for a quick reply!
    Here's the folder.
    Screenshot_5.png
    And sorry, I'm confused as to what you mean by where the game was installed. >.<'
    Last edited by Paxccidental; 08-07-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No worries about where it was installed. ^^;; Your screenshot showed where it was installed.

Basically, when you run the program to put the game on your computer, it will ask where you want to save it. Most people ignore this area, and let it save in the normal place.

In your case, this is a location like: C:\Program Files\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\

Though, I'm comparing the files in your folder with mine, and there are a lot of issues! The sizes of the files are wrong.

Here is mine:

togainu_no_chi_files.png

Ignore the fact that I have the English patch installed, but the other files (like 0.cg) are the wrong size. You may have to uninstall/remove the game, then reinstall TnC.

When you do, try saving the game in a different folder. I made a nifty folder for all my games, so that it's easier to play, to patch to English, and to save the games properly if they're older. I made a folder called: C:\Games\ and I install all my games there. Try it as well. ^^

You said you downloaded TnC and the patches from here...Which post was that?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the reply. c:
    So I uninstalled TNC and then I reinstalled to a new folder that I made just like yours( C:\Games\). The files are the same size as before I reinstalled. I tried to press Game Start and got the same error message. :c
    And I downloaded from the download Togainu No Chi forum, 4th post, the mega file.
    mega file screenshot.jpg
    I had previously tried post 3's links but they did not work.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

OK, previous post before... Here's new post.

I saw that you have Windows Vista, and I decided to try for myself if I could duplicate your issue.

I downloaded the same ISO you did, and after fighting with Daemon Tools Lite, abandoning it, then using Virtual Clone Drive, I installed Togainu no Chi properly.

I tested the game BEFORE running any patches, even the Japanese update patch and it worked fine.

I also tested it after the update Patch, and after the English patch. All worked.

The file sizes seem off because of how Windows Vista and Windows 7 display filesizes differently. (Although 0cg.pak is off because mine has been patched with English files, yours appears not to be).

Have you tried running the game BEFORE running the update patch? Like, delete/remove/uninstall and then just fresh installing the game? Don't run any patches, even the update patch. Just as-is.

Also, what ISO mounting program are you using? Do you have any antivirus programs running like Avast!, Spybot, Norton, Kapersky or the like?

Last edited by Kojichan; 08-08-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you again for putting so much effort into helping me, I really appreciate it! I just got home from a vacation and was away from this computer so that's why I am just now replying!

So, I do have Norton. I uninstalled it and tried to get TNC running and it made no difference.
    My ISO mounting program is Daemon Tools Lite.
    Unless the patch updates automatically, I don't believe I've even run an update patch. Sorry for my limited knowledge. ^_^'

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Welcome back! ^^ Hope you had fun on vacation..

Now let's see.. I'll clarify the "Patch" thing. They aren't automatic, they are separate files. One is a game update to fix some errors (Go from game version 1.0 to version 1.01), and the other is part of the English translation.

When I say "Before patching", I mean, trying to play the game without using the gamefix, and before applying the English translation.

Reason why I asked this, is because one of your screenshots shows a file called "0cg.pak", which isn't part of the normal installation files...

---
    ANYWHO! On to the next trial an error!

The error that pops up, seems to be a common error associated with games having some DRM (Digital Rights Management) issues. DRM basically is what a game uses to check to make sure you have a valid, REAL copy of the game, and not a pirated/illegal copy.

In TnC's case, it checks to see if the original disk is installed in the CD drive when the game is run. However, it does this by writing a file temporarily on your computer. (It is actually a small program called "Cleanup" by the DRM company 'Macrovision'.)

This file is called ~e5d141.tmp. This file is pretty much on almost every single computer, as it's used by plenty of programs like Macromedia Flash (Adobe Flash licensing), SimCity 4, BattleField, Microsoft Flight Simulator... etc.

This file, if it gets corrupt, can be re-created easily, by first deleting it, so we'll do this first:

--- TLDR:
    Click on the "Start" button, and type in %temp% Exactly like that, with the %'s and everything, and hit Enter. A folder window will pop up. This is your computer's temporary folder.

Look for the file (not a folder) called ~e5d141.tmp and delete it. (By either hitting the "delete" button on your keyboard, or right-click and select 'delete').

(Let me know if you can or cannot delete this file)

Try running the game now.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi, I had a great time on vacation actually!

So, that file is not in my temp folder. I looked over and over again and it isn't. I also searched for it manually on my start screen but no luck. I'm guessing this file needs to be recreated for TNC to run?

Also, the most recent time I redownloaded TNC, when i went to thew program files, the 0cg.pak wasn't there. I have not tried to update or apply the english patch and when I tried to run it, I got the same error message.

Either way, thank you for sticking this out with me.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No worries. ^^ I love trying to figure out things like this, I find it exciting actually...

That file doesn't necessarily need to be there, it's created whenever it's needed. But the fact that it is NOT there, means that the program writing it cannot (TnC).

That's good to know, so now we have a new angle to look at.

So, if that file cannot be created, then may I ask if the Windows user account you're signed in as is an Administrator or a normal user?

Awwh, heck. Let's just try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2yulh132g...5d141.tmp?dl=0

I uploaded my copy. Open up that %TEMP% folder again, and try and save it there. Let me know what happens, if you can save it there or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast