aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes it is the administrator account.

Also, when I went to that link, it just continued saying that the file was still uploading and a message pops up near the top saying "There was an error processing this request".
    Last edited by Paxccidental; 08-18-2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: correcting punctuation

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Eh? That's weird... First time I've ever heard that problem with a Dropbox link. o.o;;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2yulh132g...5d141.tmp?dl=0

Erm, try again? x.x;; Sorry about that? I don't know what's wrong.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

https://gyazo.com/fcb112c2ee5a32988d05a826545a0f65
    This is the error message I got when I went to that second link. I thought maybe it was this computer so I tried it on my friend's laptop as well as my mobile. Got the same message on all of them.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Huh, maybe it's because it's a ~*.TMP file...

Let's try this then:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyu6hqb4lh...5d141.bak?dl=0

Once you download the file, rename it. Add the ~ in front, then change the BAK to TMP. Then use that.

Sorry about that!!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So we have made so much progress! After getting the tmp file into the right place, I tried to start the game and got that error message that is the red box with the blond dude. I reinstalled it, and tried to run it again. I got the same blond guy error message. I get the red message when I go to computer and press the tnc cd rom directly, but I get a simple error message that is all in japanese except for the words 'game disk' when I try to run it through shortcuts.

If it helps, I am running the game through Virtual Clone Drive, because Daemon Tools Lite isnt working.
    Last edited by Paxccidental; 08-21-2015 at 04:00 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

AWESOME! Finally got that TMP file going! ;;

The blonde dude message is good! It means it's at least checking for the game.

The other message is the game saying that it can't find the game CD in the drive.

In all honesty, whether Virtual Clone Drive or Daemon Tools work or not is entirely dependent on the computer using them... I've gotten TnC to work with both of them recently, but when I first tried to play TnC I couldn't get it to work with Virtual Clone Drive. So it seriously depends...

I know the newer Daemon Tools Lite is absolute garbage. I tried installing it on my laptop (the one I tested with Vista), and it's just crap... I had a hard time installing it, and even then, it wouldn't work afterwards.

You could try Alcohol 120%. I used to swear by this program years ago, myself.
    Alcohol 120% Installation

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello! Sorry for my long absence. The computer broke down entirely, and I had to have it fixed. So I fixed it and followed your latest instructions and just got it to work! I am so so excited to start playing it now, and I cannot thank you enough!!!!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

um, sorry to drag you through the mud again but i have the same problem as the other person here and i think you are the most reliable person i've found so far that could help me. also, all your dl links have error 404 so i can't do that part....

now, with this whole valid disc ~e5141 thing, i think i fixed a problem similar to this in the past. at that time i was unable to even see the installation menu due to an error that said a certain .dll was shutting togainu down, so i located it with winrar (since it was hidden) and deleted the .dll. i don't get that error message anymore, but the game shuts itself down after clicking Start and i can't get past installation.

here's the same pics of my pc info and install folder. i use windows emu to mount and winrar to unpack. i have reinstalled fresh multiple times.
    sys in.jpgsave spot.PNG

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmmm... o.o

Tough to say exactly what's going on, but it "looks like" everything is okay.

With the recent Windows updates preventing older CD-Based security programs from working (securerom), there is a No-CD Vista version of Togainu no Chi.

https://mega.nz/#!5dYwnDwD!D27r8LJP6...LANBXHrHqveYhc

Download this EXE, and extract it into the folder where Togainu no Chi is, overwriting the existing EXE.

Try running the game with that.

Let me know what happens. o.o Everything else "Looks okay". It looks like your System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese (TnC's foldername isn't garbage, for one), Filesizes are about the right size... If anything else doesn't work, try to take screenshots of any error messages, please! ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12