aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Game Compatibility on Win 10

So I've seen a thread about Togainu no Chi not being able to start in Win 10. So has anyone installed Win 10 and tried running other games? It would be very helpful to know which games are compatible and which are not.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yomo Renji (L9)Kaneki Ken (L9)Guts (L1)
    I've been able to successfully start up Togainu no Chi, Sweet Pool, and both Dramatical Murder games on Windows 10. Haven't actually played through them or tested saving+loading files though. As for Lamento, well, it hasn't ever wanted to work for me.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Trip (L8)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)Frankenstein (L9)
    Noiz (L6)
    Can you explain how you got Togainu no Chi to work? I've looked around and messed with it a good bit myself, but it seems it just isn't compatible with Win 10.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yomo Renji (L9)Kaneki Ken (L9)Guts (L1)
    I have a physical copy of Togainu No Chi so I simply installed it. However, it's the Vista/Windows 7 version which may or may not be a factor. The saving and loading issue other members have brought up is present, I won't hide that, but I've been able to comfortably bypass it with just right clicking the taskbar window.

Keep in mind, I'm running these games on a 64-bit laptop as well.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'm having some issues with TnC and Lamento as well. They used to work just fine in Windows Vista, and I had it set up somehow so I could launch them straight out of the .exe file, but I've upgraded to Windows 10 since then and the files won't even give me the time of day! Re-installing didn't seem to change that problem at all, and compatibility mode doesn't work for ANY operating system selected.

Does anybody have a step-by-step solution for this??

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Seconded. Its BS that I can't get TnC nor a few other games to work.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I upgraded to Windows 10 and have been unable to launch Dramatical Murder ever since, even with reinstalls and compatibility mode. I noticed that others seem to have had this problem as well and am wondering if a fix has been found that perhaps I missed? Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Win 10 compatibility issue

Good night, everyone. I've recently and forcibly installed Win 10 (because Win 8 gave me no other choice) and, since it is a new computer, I decided to try and install my games again though I new that if I was already having problems with w8, w10 would be no different. So yeah, yesterday I download Dramatical Murder and I can't seem to open it - the classic black window shows up and closes after a few seconds. I've changed my System Locale to Japanese and tried opening it in adm mode, then with AppLoc, then AppLoc in adm mode and nothing worked ugh
    Did anyone ever find anything that could be used to make it work? Any apps, programs? :c happyplace, how did you manage? Do you also have a physical copy of DmMd?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konamechan View Post
    Good night, everyone. I've recently and forcibly installed Win 10 (because Win 8 gave me no other choice) and, since it is a new computer, I decided to try and install my games again though I new that if I was already having problems with w8, w10 would be no different. So yeah, yesterday I download Dramatical Murder and I can't seem to open it - the classic black window shows up and closes after a few seconds. I've changed my System Locale to Japanese and tried opening it in adm mode, then with AppLoc, then AppLoc in adm mode and nothing worked ugh
    Did anyone ever find anything that could be used to make it work? Any apps, programs? :c happyplace, how did you manage? Do you also have a physical copy of DmMd?
    Heya Konamechan! ^^

Lessie, for DMMd, the "black window syndrome" can be a few different things, so let's whittle it down...

First, is this a FRESH install of Windows 10, or the upgrade version?
    Next, where/what folder did you install DRAMAtical Murder?
    Lastly, have you applied the English patch?

Would you mind taking a screenshot of your DMMd folder for us, please? ^^

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Would this thread be like, a general compatibility list for Win 10? Let me add one game I've tested that works: No Thank You!!! works perfectly without need for compatibility/admin permission (Sys locale at JP)

All right, I managed to run Dramatical Murder v1.10 eng patched (uninstalled) in my Win 10, upgrade version. Still starting through the game so I don't know if the other bugs will come up. But I'm running it without the need for Compatibility mode or as Administrator. I tested Quicksave/load and Save/Load Function and they work, even with repeated close/open of the program.

Just an observation, because my laptop has 2 graphics card, usually when playing games (indie VN), the computer automatically assigns it to the Intel one, so I need to switch it over to my dedicated AMD card and the graphics fix themselves. You might want to check that, as well as the DirectX version installed (Run>Dxdiag). Also, update the graphics card because the driver from Win 7/8 might not be working with Win 10.

Edit: Half-confirmed; if any users experience responsive black screen, that is, you can hear the music playing in start but it's only black screen and can't click anything, it means that DMMd is playing on a integrated graphics card with lower capability (usually its Intel HD Graphics). DMMd needs dedicated graphics to run properly (like AMD or Nvidia cards designed for gaming)

For comparison, my laptop spec:
    Intel Core i7 @2.40 GHz
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500M ;(Dedicated) AMD Radeon HD 8500 2GB
    RAM: 8 GB
    User Account Control is fully disabled.
    Last edited by monokuroe; 01-16-2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Additional info on DMMd black screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast