aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry for bumping this thread but I've been procrastinating on upgrading to Windows 10 (afraid I won't be able to play VNs) and I think this thread would be helpful for others in the same boat. I'm currently running Windows 7, DMMD works fine, TnC has saving and loading issues but I have a workaround and Lamento also works fine. So from what I gather, it's best to upgrade to 10 if you're on 8 but it's inherently unstable. I'm guessing the reason why No Thank You works is because it's an official release. Has anyone had luck running the other games since the time of these posts?
    Last edited by Kieuana; 07-27-2016 at 07:45 AM. Reason: edit in wording

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieuana View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread but I've been procrastinating on upgrading to Windows 10 (afraid I won't be able to play VNs) and I think this thread would be helpful for others in the same boat. I'm currently running Windows 7, DMMD works fine, TnC has saving and loading issues but I have a workaround and Lamento also works fine. So from what I gather, it's best to upgrade to 10 if you're on 8 but it's inherently unstable. I'm guessing the reason why No Thank You works is because it's an official release. Has anyone had luck running the other games since the time of these posts?

Actually! There was a thread dedicated to testing VN's in Windows 10! ^^

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...d-windows.html

There ya go!

So far all of the "important" VN's run. IE, the ones with English patches, or ones beyond being released in 2010. (Obviously).

Most older ones will work as long as you don't install them to C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder, but there are the odd occasional one that won't work such as Laughter Land and Phantom Thief Jade. Their issue seems to be because their EXE's have a form of an anti-piracy wrapper around the actual program itself, and Windows 10 apparently to choke on this. :P

Those are the only two I've found that don't work so far... But there is a large list of ones that do work!

I'm avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 because in the offhand chance one of my existing games doesn't work, either. x_x Or one I really wanted to play doesn't work (Laughter Land).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12