aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Takumi Aldini (L7)Akira TnC (L9)Shiki (L9)
    Souma Yukihira (L7)Nozomi Koga (L4)Tatsuyuki Ooyamato (L4)
    Sajou (L8)Kusakabe (L8)Link (L8)

Togainu no Chi - Windows 10

So I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and decided to play some of my BL games. For some reason, TnC isn't working now--it worked fine when I had 8.1, but now it refuses to load. My other games (DMMd, Shingakkou, NTY!!, etc) work fine, but I guess TnC is too old for my computer now?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, dismounting/remounting, restarting my computer, going through all the steps again, running as administrator and it doesn't work. Actually, when I do try to open it, it tells me to ~log in as administrator~, but when I do run it as administrator, nothing loads... not even a black screen...

Can anyone tell me if my suspicions are right and it's just too old to play on this computer now? OTL Thank you so much!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Incompatible Program

I couldn't get TNC to run on Windows 8.1 because of the game disc error. The solution to that was using another mounting software. I found one AFTER upgrading to Windows 10. I've run the TNC application in administrator and compatibility mode, then the troubleshooter said the program was incompatible with Windows 10

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Takumi Aldini (L7)Akira TnC (L9)Shiki (L9)
    Souma Yukihira (L7)Nozomi Koga (L4)Tatsuyuki Ooyamato (L4)
    Sajou (L8)Kusakabe (L8)Link (L8)
    Are you serious?! Then I might just have to break out an older computer... or possibly return to 8.1 OTL
    Thank you!!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You could try downloading Windows XP mode?

There's a tutorial here on how to add it to Windows 10. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by wonderfultrash; 08-13-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have the exact same problem.... I tried running it as administrator and I have tried compatibility mode but neither of them work... I really want to play Togainu no Chi!I hope someone finds a solution!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Has ANYONE managed to get Togainu to work on Windows 10? Or should I seriously consider reverting to 8.1 until the issues can be fixed (having problems with other games as well) ?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You can say I did, but I didn't at the same time.

I found that Clannad doesn't like win10 either, so I set up a dual boot on my computer, so I had windows 10 and 8 running on the same machine. I had to start the games in windows 8. TnC just isn't compatible with win10 :/

Learnt how to do it here.
    Last edited by Relenia; 08-24-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Law (L10)Aoba (L12)(S023) England
    Sanji (L9)Akashi (L9)Clear (L9)
    Kagami KnB (L9)#2Kise (L8)
    After a long, hard struggle, I finally managed to get Togainu no Chi to run on Windows 10, although I did have to install a copy of Windows 8 into a virtual machine on my Windows 10 since my stupid laptop can't revert to Windows 8 anymore. Takes a lot a fiddling.

Since my stupid laptop won't allow Hyper-V (built-in virtual machine for Win8 Pro), I had to do it via VMWare. They have a freeware version for personal use, which you can get here. Once you get that running, here's how to get Win8 running there. You can get the ISOs for the Windows OSs here. You'll have to figure out your Windows product key to install the OS, which you'll have to figure out how to do yourself. (Hint: I used the same product key available in my laptop)

I have no idea which other OSs the game is compatible with; last I tried was with Win8 and its ISO was the easiest to obtain, so I'm sticking with it. It's a lot of effort for one game, but having a virtual machine isn't bad at all

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akira TnC (L1)Shiki (L2)(S004) Taki
    Mikage
    I fixed it on my windows 10.
    I replaced the togainunochi.exe with the NoCD version you can download from Kojichan's first post here:

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...nstall-p6.html

To make sure it works, I changed the compatibility mode to "windows vista (service pack 2)", maybe you don't have to.
    When you start the game, it sometime freezes, there is an easy solution for that troubleshoot:
    Just hover your mouse on the game icon in your taskbar and right-click on the preview window, now that way it should work ^-^