aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Pigeon Blood Installation Help

Hi everyone! So I downloaded Pigeon Blood and I followed a step-by-step guide to install (unpacked the .rar files, mounted the image onto daemon tools), but when I click the "startup.exe" file a messages comes up saying "this cannot run on your pc"

I have NO clue why, I had no trouble installing any other BL games and I've never hit this message before. Please please please can someone help me try and figure out what's wrong?
    My PC is a 64-bit with an Intel Core and it's running Windows 8.1.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello arkhamhorror!

I don't own a Windows 8 computer, myself, but that really sounds odd. Might be corrupt?

One thing I know for sure, is that in the mounted ISO's files (browse to there), there is a folder called "Files". Inside there is the entirety of the install, complete with working EXE. It's all there, seriously. The program was just renamed (extension change) so it wouldn't run normally.

If you want, you could try just copying that "Files" folder to your computer, rename the folder "PigeonBlood", then rename/change the extension on the file called "Program.bin". change it to "PigeonBlood.exe". Try running it then.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you for replying!

I just tried your suggestion, but the same error message pops up.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, very strange...
    So you tried copying over the files to your computer and tried running it and even THAT gave you the same error message?

What is the error message exactly? Can you take a screenshot for us? ^^

I know this seems a bit obvious, and you did mention you've played other BL VN's, but your computer currently has the System Locale set to Japanese, right?

Lastly... Maybe the ISO is corrupt and might need a re-download? Where did you download it from?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, very strange...
    So you tried copying over the files to your computer and tried running it and even THAT gave you the same error message?

What is the error message exactly? Can you take a screenshot for us? ^^

I know this seems a bit obvious, and you did mention you've played other BL VN's, but your computer currently has the System Locale set to Japanese, right?

Lastly... Maybe the ISO is corrupt and might need a re-download? Where did you download it from?
    I downloaded it from this site
    My locale is set to Japanese (I just double-checked to make sure)
    And this is the error message that comes up whenever I try:
    screencap.jpg
    "This app can't run on your PC: To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher"
    It seems like it's my computer that's stopping the installation from happening, not the file itself.

When I was going through the installation process, the game had 13 .rar parts plus a patch.rar It said, right here, that I only needed to unpack the patch.rar and partone.rar because it would automatically convert all the other parts into one .iso file, so that's what I did. I have all my files under one major file [Downloads>Pigeon Blood>all the .rar parts + patch file + partone iso file + Files (from the mounted image like you suggested).]

I am so stumped on this. I've never run into this issue with TnC, DMMD, or Sweet Pool, so I have no idea what could be happening.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well the game seems to be intended to run on Windows 8. This error can only be explained by a corrupt setup file, because the other explanation that the installer is a 16-bit executable (So basically a Win 95 application) simply doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Anyways it looks like the File is corrupt, other people using Win 8/8.1 have encountered the same problem.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you for replying!

So, how would I fix a corrupt file? Should I just redownload it and try again? I've never encountered a corrupt file before so I'm not sure what the proper steps would be.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by arkhamhorror View Post
    Thank you for replying!

So, how would I fix a corrupt file? Should I just redownload it and try again? I've never encountered a corrupt file before so I'm not sure what the proper steps would be.
    Try extracting the archive again and if that doesn't work download the files yet again

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Did both those, didn't work.
    Thanks every one for your help, but it seems like I won't be able to install it.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

This might sound silly, but as a last attempt, I have a test...

If you have either WinRAR or 7-Zip (can't tell which one you have, haha!), can you find the location you have your PigeonBlood ISO, then open up either WinRAR or 7-Zip, and DRAG the ISO from your folder onto the WinRar/7-ZIP Window?

ISO's are archive's, essentially, so you can try "extracting" some files (EXE, some DATA files from the Files folder, etc). If you get an error message from WinRAR/7-Zip, then the ISO is corrupt, and needs to be re-downloaded.

If the files extract fine, then the ISO isn't corrupt, and you can try another ISO mounting program like Virtual CloneDrive instead of Daemon Tools.
    (http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html)

Otherwise, then something else might be interfering... I notice you have MacAfee, AND BitDefender... Are those running...? It's a long shot, but sometimes Antirvirus programs are very silly and can stop actual programs from running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast