aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

YinYang 1JijiCravat
    MoonlightHamlet

TnC English Patch Problems

I downloaded the ISO for Togainu No Chi with no problems, mounted it through Daemon, and can successfully start the game on my computer. However, although I've downloaded and followed the instructions for the completed English Patch, I can't seem to get it to actually alter the game. I've attempted to troubleshoot this issue (i.e. uninstalling the English Patch to try to reinstall it again, re-downloading the patch, double-checking that the game was closed at the time I was trying to apply the patch, etc.), but nothing has worked.
    I'm horribly confused and stressed. Does anyone understand what might be going on here?

The game has placed itself in Drive G, and there is no file space remaining in it for me to even attempt to alter the files directly there. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Downloading the game itself has gone relatively smoothly, but I just have absolutely no idea how to resolve the issue in translating it with the patch. :^(

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Besoboi!

You said the drive you installed TnC to is completely full?? The game won't be able to save any files, so you cannot save your progress. TnC is an older game, so it saves it's savegame files in the same folder it was installed to. Do you have a different drive that you can install the game to, perhaps?

Also, what exactly is the problem you're experiencing? Is the game starting and closing, not starting at all, any error messages pop up...? ^^;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

YinYang 1JijiCravat
    MoonlightHamlet
    @Kojichan, thank you so much for your concern and trying to help me.

The game itself works fine! And, remarkably, I found the solution to the problem I was experiencing. I stopped trying to troubleshoot for a day and when I came back to it I found how to resolve the issue. As it turns out, at some point along the line, my computer accidentally created two separate NitroCHIRAL folders in my program files (one under Program Files and the other under Program Files x86). The game's files were actually stashed in the folder under Program Files x86, but every time I had tried to apply the patch, the location it was automatically trying to apply it to was the other folder of the same name. So I just had to manually change the location it was trying to perform the update and the patch to the correct folder, and since then it's worked fine!

I'm very relieved. Again, thank you for your support and your timely reply, even though I ultimately resolved the issue independently. It still means a lot!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Wow, that's a really strange one. o_O Glad you got it fixed, though! I honestly never would have thought that to be an issue. Normally the game would install to the X86 version of Program Files, so I'm not sure how it managed to get into the normal one.

Oh well! ^^ Enjoy!

(Also, if you experience any issues with your save games (IE not saving), then it's BECAUSE the game is installed into the Program Files folder. The Program Files folder has some security surrounding it, to prevent spyware, malware and viruses from being able to alter programs, and older games tend to save their savegame data in the folder they were installed to. Thus, TnC will have issues saving. Fix is to install the game outside of the default location. Somewhere like... C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\(TnCKanji)\ )