aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[solved] Togainu no Chi won't start

I've set my local system to Japanese, I've installed the game and I've applied the English patch, but when I click on the desktop icon I get the blond guy window, then it disappears and no other window appears. I'm using Windows 8 64 bit. I tried looking for the official Vista patch, but I couldn't find it (it is not available on the official site). Perhaps that's why TnC doesn't work? I also haven't installed the directX 9, but it doesn't work on my computer! What can I do? T ~ T
    Last edited by yeahbanana; 05-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello yeahbanana!

Actually, if you've followed everything to install and patch the game, then that part should be fine. You're running Windows 8, so "technically" DirectX 9 will "already be there".

AS for the blonde guy, he pops up when the game cannot read the original game disc. One of the security measures of the game is to verify the game is in the Disc Drive when it starts. You just have to make sure that the ISO is mounted when you start the game.

If the game is already mounted and you're still seeing this blonde guy, then it might be your ISO mounting program. What are you using to mount the ISO?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I've used both PowerISO and Cyberlink. Either seem to mount the .iso file just fine. I know most people used Daemon Tools, I've tried installing it from different sources (including the official website), but each time my computer finds some virus! :<

Anyway, when I first installed TnC I got a "Game disk error" pop up. I don't know what I exactly did (I can't really remember since I've spent hours trying to make this game work), but in the end I fixed it (I think?). Now the "Game disk error" pop up is no longer there, which made me think the game disk was properly mounted. But the game won't start anyway T A T

Thank you for your kind help and patience!

Yaoi Supporter
    As a fairy whom followed Masahiro to any place he goes
    Savings

Doumeki Shizuka (L8)Watanuki (L4)Reisi Munakata (L9)
    Aoba (L12)Doumeki Shizuka (L8)Watanuki (L4)
    ToothlessDoumeki (L4)Doumeki (L4)
    Hi~
    Hm... I've experienced this issue too, when I got the game for the first time. then I tried to use wincdemu for mounting the iso and it works on me. I hope this will work in your case too

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Before reading your message, I had already installed Virtual CloneDrive, which seems a good alternative to Daemon Tools lite. Now the game works! Thank you everyone (: