aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

TnC various issues

When attempting to download the English patch, at the 1.01 update from Nitro+Chiral; the windows do not use any words (By this I mean is only displays characters such as: /?)$%^#. No numerical, letters or even Japanese.), I have deleted and re-downloaded the file two or three times and this has happened.
    I have continued after the described problem, it follows through until the game needs to be opened; which it only displays that I need to download a ".pak" reader. I have done this, and have downloaded a second one. Neither seem to have had any effect.
    If anyone has some suggestions on how I can fix this problem/s, please contact me.
    -Keikeira

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by keikeira View Post
    When attempting to download the English patch, at the 1.01 update from Nitro+Chiral; the windows do not use any words (By this I mean is only displays characters such as: /?)$%^#. No numerical, letters or even Japanese.), I have deleted and re-downloaded the file two or three times and this has happened.
    I have continued after the described problem, it follows through until the game needs to be opened; which it only displays that I need to download a ".pak" reader. I have done this, and have downloaded a second one. Neither seem to have had any effect.
    If anyone has some suggestions on how I can fix this problem/s, please contact me.
    -Keikeira
    Hello keikeira! ^_^

What you're experiencing sounds like you don't have your System Locale set to Japanese.

One of the prerequisites of playing (installing) most Japanese Visual Novels, is that you set your System Locale to Japanese. This does not mean your system language will be Japanese, it just means that Windows can display Japanese characters properly, instead of that garbage text.

Please follow these steps here, before trying again:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...ml#post4219281

I hope that helps! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi Kojichan,
    Thanks for the information on the System Locale, that worked and now it is in Japanese! But, now my computer is still getting stuck at the ".pak" part, would you be able to help me with this?
    Thanks again, Keikeira (^-^)/

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Help

Im new to using win rip, ive only used vuze. Is there a way to download it with vuze?

- - - Updated - - -

what is Shift-JIS ?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hi Kojichan,
    Thanks for the information on the System Locale, that worked and now it is in Japanese! But, now my computer is still getting stuck at the ".pak" part, would you be able to help me with this?
    Thanks again, Keikeira (^-^)/
    Sorry for the belated reply (was on X-Mas holidays).

If you haven't yet managed to fix this issue, would you be able to take a screenshot of the error?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

TNC script.pak.jpgWhen I get to this point, the Windows 8 (Should've mentioned that earlier.) pop up appears saying I need to download a ".pak" (Sorry, I can't get it to screenshot of the pop-up)
    -Keikeira

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

TNC script.pak.jpgWhen I get to this point, the Windows 8 (Should've mentioned that earlier.) pop up appears saying I need to download a ".pak" (Sorry, I can't get it to screenshot of the pop-up)
    -Keikeira
    OK! That looks like you're at Step 3, where you just need to place the file in this window, in the same folder the game was installed. You need to overwrite the existing "script.pak" file that is in the original game.

I'm going to assume TnC was installed into the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ so you would need to open that up in a window, then drag the "script.pak" from 7-Zip into the game install folder.

I will mention, however, if you did install TnC in it's default folder, the game won't be able to Save your progress. It is a rather old game, and it saves data in the same folder it was installed to. Windows, by design, prevents this due to concerns about Adware/Spyware/Malware/Virus'. To avoid this problem, during the installation process, you would need to specify a different folder to install TnC.

I typically install my Visual Novels into a folder I create called C:\Games\ so I don't have this problem.

Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry, wasn't able to get it to work.
    It says that it is the same file, and I select to replace the file (or have both files placed into the same folder, refer to picture), but the pop-up to download a ".pak" file still appears. Do I need to download a 'zip reader' before this? Or is there another way around it? Because I've attempted to download a zip reader but it won't work on my computer due to viruses. TNV.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Sorry, wasn't able to get it to work.
    It says that it is the same file, and I select to replace the file (or have both files placed into the same folder, refer to picture), but the pop-up to download a ".pak" file still appears. Do I need to download a 'zip reader' before this? Or is there another way around it? Because I've attempted to download a zip reader but it won't work on my computer due to viruses. TNV.jpg
    Actually, 7-Zip is already a Zip reader. ^_^ So you're good there! (And Viruses? You have viruses? You got any anti-virus software...?)

Thanks for this new screenshot!

It looks like you're trying to put the English patch into a single folder to run it. You just have the English patch files in there. Just he "script.pak" alone won't run the game, you still need the full install.

It's files should look something like this:
    togainu_no_chi_files.png
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-14-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Excuse me, but how do I install Shift-JIS?
    Thank you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast