aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitamina View Post
    Excuse me, but how do I install Shift-JIS?
    Thank you
    Hello Zitamina!

Actually, Shift-JIS is just a method for writing Japanese on a computer.

If you're interested in installing the ability to view Japanese, so you can play Visual Novels, you will need to set your System Locale to Japanese. ... If you're using Windows 7 or 8, the process can be done via this process: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...ml#post4219281

Please note, this will not change the language of the computer to Japanese, it will just allow your computer to display Japanese fonts. ^_^ Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi!
    I have problem. I have installed the game and it works and all. I want to apply the english patch, but when I try to run the togainu_update_101.exe I get this: wut.jpg (I do run it as admin) What should I do?
    Oh, and after I click yes, I get thiswuut2.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by 460023 View Post
    Hi!
    I have problem. I have installed the game and it works and all. I want to apply the english patch, but when I try to run the togainu_update_101.exe I get this: wut.jpg (I do run it as admin) What should I do?
    Oh, and after I click yes, I get thiswuut2.jpg
    Hello 460023!

Glad the game works so far! Those error messages say:

File decompression / Execute installation?
    Then...
    Couldn't read the data inside of the installation archive.
    The file is possibly corrupt.
    The EXE for the patch is broken. It may need to be re-downloaded. Alternatively, to test if it works or not, try Right-clicking on the file "togainu_update_101.exe", and looking for either 7-Zip's "Open Archive", or WinRAR's "Open in WinRAR".

Or whatever Unzipping program you have.

IF the file cannot be opened, it means that the archive is broken and needs to be re-downloaded. If it CAN open, and you can "Extract" the files properly, then extract the 5 files to a folder (THAT IS NOT THE GAME!!!!!), and run the file inside called "Update.exe".
    Last edited by Kojichan; 02-26-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Emphasising....

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank youuu soooo much. I extracted the exe file and run it afterwards. But now I have another problem (so sorry for bothering you) Now my TNC Image patch.exe doesn't work I get this:wiiit.jpg? Should I extract this one too? I can open it by clicking 'open archive'.
    Last edited by 460023; 02-27-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thank youuu soooo much. I extracted the exe file and run it afterwards. But now I have another problem (so sorry for bothering you) Now my TNC Image patch.exe doesn't work I get this:wiiit.jpg? Should I extract this one too? I can open it by clicking 'open archive'.
    I'm beginning to think you may need to re-download the English patch entirely. ^^;; If all the files are broken like that... it's possible the English patch archive wasn't properly downloaded (corrupt along the way).

The image patch doesn't work the same as the update patch, it literally alters data so it needs to work right out of the gate.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    I'm beginning to think you may need to re-download the English patch entirely. ^^;; If all the files are broken like that... it's possible the English patch archive wasn't properly downloaded (corrupt along the way).

The image patch doesn't work the same as the update patch, it literally alters data so it needs to work right out of the gate.
    I´ve tried downloading eng patches multiple times, but with no result. I get the same thing. Should I call it quits?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I´ve tried downloading eng patches multiple times, but with no result. I get the same thing. Should I call it quits?
    Well, let's see... Where did you download the English patch from?

And secondly... Do you have any antivirus or antimalware/spyware programs running? I see you're running Windows 7, and in a different language. Is the Japanese System Locale turned on? Then again, you did say the game by itself works fine...

It might be that Togainu no Chi is installed into a poor location. It's an older Japanese game so it can have a few problems running.

Make sure TnC is NOT installed into the default C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血 (Or the Dutch version, I'm not sure what "Program Files is in Dutch")

.... Fuwanovel used to provide download links for Pre-patched English versions of games, but I'm not sure where they went.

xryuchan6927
    Hello, where can I find the games full patch? Cant seem to make the game work after so many tries I make I downloaded the file from fuwanovel before and tried to follow the steps but I'm stuck at uploading the game from daemon tools. I don't really get what I'm doing actually. So I might be missing a file or the Japanese game itself. Help?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by xryuchan6927 View Post
    Hello, where can I find the games full patch? Cant seem to make the game work after so many tries I make I downloaded the file from fuwanovel before and tried to follow the steps but I'm stuck at uploading the game from daemon tools. I don't really get what I'm doing actually. So I might be missing a file or the Japanese game itself. Help?
    Hmm, yeah it's a shame that Fuwanovel's no longer got pre-patched English translations of games. Made lots of things easier for people. Something to do with their new hosting + website functionality? ...I think? Can't remember if they said they'd get that back up or not... Mh! Anyways...

Let's take a step back and start from the beginning, it might work out better. ^^

Firstly, I'm sure you've done this, but make sure your computer is in Japanese System Locale (Not system language). ( http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...ml#post4219281 )

Second, have you downloaded the game by itself? If you're not too sure, you can re-download it here:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...ml#post3937599

Mediafire's download pages are less confusing than 4Shared. But once you have all the split files, you'll need an unzipping program called 7-Zip to be able to extract the CD Image of TnC. If you have it already, great! If not, it will make your life easier, trust me.

Once all the split files have been downloaded to the same folder, and you used 7-Zip only on the first "togainunochi.rar.001" file, you should have a CD Image of the game.

That's where the Daemon Tools (lite) comes in. When you open Daemon Tools, you can select what CD Images will be mounted onto your computer (left-most button on the button bar, CD with a green + icon). Once you select TnC, your computer will think it's got the CD install disk in an extra DVD drive.

Feel free to run the installation. It's actually pretty straight forward, if I recall... But there will be a point where it asks you where to install the files. If you can, do NOT use the default location. Try to use an alternate location. I store all my games in a new folder on my harddrive. C:\Games\[...]\ Then I install them there. This saves some headaches when you need to patch the game, and/or the older game needs to save files.

3/4ths of the time, on older games, when they've been installed to the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\[...]\, they will have issues because of Windows' "anti-malware/virus/anti-malicious anything" safestop. So it's best to nip it in the bud while you can.

Once the game's installed, there should have been an update patch included in the files downloaded earlier. Please run that, as it's a pre-requisite for the English patch. Speaking of... http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...i-english.html Feel free to download it from there! ^_^

Once it's downloaded, there is a PDF inside that has further instructions on how to apply the English patch.

uhm, I made this post a bit long so I'll cut it off here... If I confused you, I'm truly sorry. ;; I can try to explain any step further if you need it, or if I lost you somewhere.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It wont open

When I download it in BitTorrent it says Torrent isn't proper bencoding, and when I download it in Vuze Leap or DaeMON Tools Lite it doesn't open. Please help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast