aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DMMd Re: So i can't figure this out. Please help . . .

I have read the Manual and faqs as suggested yet both do not deal the the problem i have.

I downloaded this download from this page (DRAMAtical Murder re:connect - Fuwanovel - Translated Visual Novels) Which i am pretty sure includes the game and patch.

It was downloaded as a zip file so i unzipped it but i can not extract all of the files from it.

A window saying "Extraction failed, the disc is full or you do not have write permission to the file"

My Disc is not full.
    I am using windows 7 and downloaded the previous Dramatical murder form here and it worked perfectly.

Please help me !
    I am begging.
    Kudasai!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSwann View Post
    I have read the Manual and faqs as suggested yet both do not deal the the problem i have.

I downloaded this download from this page (DRAMAtical Murder re:connect - Fuwanovel - Translated Visual Novels) Which i am pretty sure includes the game and patch.

It was downloaded as a zip file so i unzipped it but i can not extract all of the files from it.

A window saying "Extraction failed, the disc is full or you do not have write permission to the file"

My Disc is not full.
    I am using windows 7 and downloaded the previous Dramatical murder form here and it worked perfectly.

Please help me !
    I am begging.
    Kudasai!
    Hello JCSwann!

Where are you trying to extract the game to?

Were some of the files extracted but others not? Or all of the files aren't extracted?

Also, try extracting individual files, one at a time, to see if that works. If any file stops the extraction process, it might also be the ZIP you downloaded wasn't 100% complete. Sometimes there will be interruptions in the downloading process, and a byte or two will be wrong, causing issues. Redownloading the file sometimes fixes this (Even if it's a pain in the ass).

Lastly, if you're using the TORRENT version of the Fuwanovel download, please turn off the Torrent BEFORE extracting, or it won't work.

If all else fails, take a screenshot of the folder you're extracting to, with the error message. XD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello JCSwann!

Where are you trying to extract the game to?

Were some of the files extracted but others not? Or all of the files aren't extracted?

Also, try extracting individual files, one at a time, to see if that works. If any file stops the extraction process, it might also be the ZIP you downloaded wasn't 100% complete. Sometimes there will be interruptions in the downloading process, and a byte or two will be wrong, causing issues. Redownloading the file sometimes fixes this (Even if it's a pain in the ass).

Lastly, if you're using the TORRENT version of the Fuwanovel download, please turn off the Torrent BEFORE extracting, or it won't work.

If all else fails, take a screenshot of the folder you're extracting to, with the error message. XD

Hi Kojichan!
    Thank you for the reply.

OK lets do this in order:

1. I extracted it to the vidoes folder. (Same place i have the first game) Why there? don't know really . . . just did it.
    2.All the files extract normally except for the Mvo]aeuu folder which is in the dx folder which is in the DRAMAtical Murder reconnect folder.
    3.I am currently re-downloading it to see if it will work this time.

Lastly when you say "remove torrent before extracting" do you mean that i should take it off ilivid completely or just that i should pause it from seeding ?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hi Kojichan!
    Thank you for the reply.

OK lets do this in order:

1. I extracted it to the vidoes folder. (Same place i have the first game) Why there? don't know really . . . just did it.
    2.All the files extract normally except for the Mvo]aeuu folder which is in the dx folder which is in the DRAMAtical Murder reconnect folder.
    3.I am currently re-downloading it to see if it will work this time.

Lastly when you say "remove torrent before extracting" do you mean that i should take it off ilivid completely or just that i should pause it from seeding ?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

OK, down the list we go!

1) Videos folder? I'm guessing that's your default folder for videos in Windows. That's okay, sometimes. A lot of people just leave their games where they download when they download from Fuwanovel. It happens, it should be fine.

2) Er... "Mvo]aeuu" folder? Did you type that right? Firstly, there shouldn't be a folder in the DX folder, so I'm not sure what's going on there. There SHOULD be movie FILES in the DX folder that start with the letters "mv", example: "mv鎖覆う.ngs". Quick note on that, can you see the Japanese text that I just posted there in bold?

3) Sure if you want! ^_^ Good luck with that. If you want, try a different download folder, like here: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect\

4) By "Remove torrent before extracting", I should correct myself. If you're currently seeding the game and you try to play it, the game will crash and won't load properly. When you use Torrents, all files are "locked", and some programs hate this, and refuse to work. So you should "Stop" or close your Torrenting program when you play.

I hope that helps! ^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

OK, down the list we go!

1) Videos folder? I'm guessing that's your default folder for videos in Windows. That's okay, sometimes. A lot of people just leave their games where they download when they download from Fuwanovel. It happens, it should be fine.

2) Er... "Mvo]aeuu" folder? Did you type that right? Firstly, there shouldn't be a folder in the DX folder, so I'm not sure what's going on there. There SHOULD be movie FILES in the DX folder that start with the letters "mv", example: "mv鎖覆う.ngs". Quick note on that, can you see the Japanese text that I just posted there in bold?

3) Sure if you want! ^_^ Good luck with that. If you want, try a different download folder, like here: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect\

4) By "Remove torrent before extracting", I should correct myself. If you're currently seeding the game and you try to play it, the game will crash and won't load properly. When you use Torrents, all files are "locked", and some programs hate this, and refuse to work. So you should "Stop" or close your Torrenting program when you play.

I hope that helps! ^_^
    so i redownloaded it and have the exact same problem again. so i decided to send some screen shots to show exactly which files won't extract.

so first i go into the DRAMAtical murder reconnect folder:
    dmmd reconnect double click.jpg

then to the dx folder. . .
    dx double click.jpg

then this weird mvo]aeuu one . . . .
    mvo]aeuu double click.jpg

none of the files in here will extract
    none of these open.jpg

i get this notice every time i do
    this msg.jpg

i am really at my whits end, maybe i should just go bye it online with my dads credit card . . .

oh just for interest sake if all the files had extracted and everything was cool, how would i have gone about starting up the game. like with the first one i clicked on "DMMd_crack_for_ver110" . . .

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

so i redownloaded it and have the exact same problem again. so i decided to send some screen shots to show exactly which files won't extract.

so first i go into the DRAMAtical murder reconnect folder:
    dmmd reconnect double click.jpg

then to the dx folder. . .
    dx double click.jpg

then this weird mvo]aeuu one . . . .
    mvo]aeuu double click.jpg

none of the files in here will extract
    none of these open.jpg

i get this notice every time i do
    this msg.jpg

i am really at my whits end, maybe i should just go bye it online with my dads credit card . . .

oh just for interest sake if all the files had extracted and everything was cool, how would i have gone about starting up the game. like with the first one i clicked on "DMMd_crack_for_ver110" . . .
    OK, I will admit I am confused. I've never used ExpressZIP, but from the looks of it, it doesn't like Japanese language filenames... Your system has been set up for Japanese Locale, which is awesome by the way, but it really seems like that program doesn't like the package. (It's not showing Japanese, when it should be. This may be why it's giving you such a strange error message).

Have you tried maybe a different ZIP program like 7-Zip? It's 100% free, can use any Language file name, and also lets you use HJSplit Zip files properly. ( Here: Download 7-Zip File Archiver from SourceForge.net )

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

OK, I will admit I am confused. I've never used ExpressZIP, but from the looks of it, it doesn't like Japanese language filenames... Your system has been set up for Japanese Locale, which is awesome by the way, but it really seems like that program doesn't like the package. (It's not showing Japanese, when it should be. This may be why it's giving you such a strange error message).

Have you tried maybe a different ZIP program like 7-Zip? It's 100% free, can use any Language file name, and also lets you use HJSplit Zip files properly. ( Here: Download 7-Zip File Archiver from SourceForge.net )
    Thank you so much Kojichan! I can't even describe how grateful i am, i am constantly amazed at how kind and giving Jujoshi/fudanshi are! All the trouble i gave you and you just keep trying your best to help. makes me so happy i could cry!

My game is working perfectly now.
    and i would like to apologise for the last msg,
    apparently my spelling goes to hell in a hand basket when i have the flu . . .

Again thank you so much! If you ever find yourself in SA i will buy you a drink!!!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I'm so glad you got it to work now! ^_^ Please enjoy the game!