aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi vs DirectX "not compatible"

Hi! Can someone please help?
    I've been trying to install Togainu no Chi (using Windows 8.1) for a while now, but every time I get to the "install using Direct-X" part, and click through all the agreements, a window comes up saying "This version of Direct X is not compatible with the version of Windows currently installed."

Yes I've set my local to Japan
    I've tried installing the game from several different sites, but all of them come up with the same issue.

All the threads for Togainu no Chi help have been problems occurring after installation- but i haven't even managed to get that far!!!

(This is my first forum post so sorry if i get something wrong?)

Please help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Tasman!

Actually, Togainu no Chi requires such an old version of Direct X, but the installer that came with the game won't work. Use this installer from Microsoft, instead: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

If that installer tells you you don't need the update, then you should have enough to let the game run fine.

On a side note, what location did you install TnC to? If you chose the default location, you will experience some issues later on. Your best bet is to install the game somewhere else. Instead of the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\[...]\ Choose a different location, somewhere like: C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\[...]\ If the Games folder doesn't exist, create it or something similar.

This way, you can patch the game easily, and the game can freely make it's save files without issue.