aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Pigeon Blood Installation Help

****ing hell.jpg

I download all 13 RAR files along with the Patch from this website, extracted them and have the ISO file and so far I have problems with the ISO being mounted (it says there was an error, I've tried with both Daemon Tools Lite and WinCDEmu) and when I tried just going straight to the Setup.exe I've been getting this message no matter what I do and it's really frustrating!

Has anyone dealt with this problem as well? I'm running Windows 7 x64 bit.

Please help this game looks interesting and I've been struggling with this download/installation since Thursday

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    The image was resized so the Kanji on the error message is a bit hard to make out. But it looks like it's asking for the original game disk to continue installation. Might be acting like the disk hasn't been inserted or was removed. Hard to say, exactly.

Is this the error you mentioned? You said something about an error when mounting...? Were there any errors when you tried extracting the ISO?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes, this is the error I mentioned! When I was extracting everything it seemed alright and I actually tried doing this from a different source as well (YaoiOtaku.com) and I had the same error. I didn't give me any message that the ISO wasn't functioning and it seemed to mount but all it said on the Daemon Tools Lite showed me is this:

daemontools.PNG

So it must be something with the ISO but I have no idea what exactly. Sorry about the image! But here it is any way with a close-up. I can understand most of it and it does seem that it requires the insertion of the game disc for some reason?

capture.PNG
    Last edited by SatsugaiTenma; 03-30-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, I'm not entirely certain.

Mind you, I downloaded Pigeon Blood from here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...geonblood.html from the MEGA link. (Don't redownload yet!! I have a few steps)

When I extracted the ISO, and mounted it with Daemon Tools Lite, it showed me a pink pill icon, with the proper name for it. (PSXXX_PJBLD) The game checks to make sure a CD with this name is inserted into the disk drive.

As much as I don't want to force you to re-download it, let's start by comparing file-sizes of the ISO:

Looking at the ISO in my folder, I get a filesize of: 4,230,944KB. By selecting the right-click > properties, I get a file size of: 4.03 GB (4,332,486,656 bytes).

Are your file-sizes the same? Also, can you view the files from the ISO when it's mounted?

Lastly, it let me install the game perfectly fine. May I ask what folder you tried to install the game to? Was it the default location of C:\PigeonBlood\ ??

If you can view the files on the disk perfectly fine when it's mounted, we could try copying the files directly from the CD (they're just -there-), except the game does do a CD check to see if the disk is in the drive before playing... So I think we should make sure the ISO is fine first.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

PB

Can anyone download a video, shows how to install the Pigeon Blood? T^T)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hmm that's odd this is the exact same link where I downloaded the files from!

The problem is with Daemon Tools Lite, whenever I mounted the ISO which has the same exact name as the one you mentioned in the parenthesis, it would show up the image I showed you in my previous reply. The size I have for the ISO is 4,230,944 KB which is exactly the same as you have mentioned. I could not view the files after mounting the ISO because all it showed me was this and when I tried right-clicking to "open" the file it would not respond.

daemontools.PNG

I did indeed try installing the game to the Local Disk C which is my default usually for games but I still got that message for some odd reason.

I really appreciate you trying to help me with this, it seems to be working just fine with everyone else so I'm a bit confused as to why it's not for me since this isn't my first BL game download.
    Last edited by SatsugaiTenma; 03-31-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Let's see... One way to verify if the ISO is in good standing, is to try to open the ISO in WinRAR, itself.

Open that up and then try to extract just a small file. You can delete it afterwards, if it extracts fine. If it does NOT, however, then the ISO is corrupt somehow.

If it does open and random file does extract fine, let's try a different program...
    (SlySoft Download | AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, GameJackal, Any DVD, Clone DVD, Clone CD, Game Jackal -- Virtual CloneDrive. It's free, last link in the list).

I switch between this program and Daemon Tools, depending on which game cause some games are just fickle... e__e;;;

Out of curiosity, your Windows 7 user account... Do you have admin privileges? Sometimes running stuff as an admin might work, but then again, it might not. Sorry all I have are just troubleshooting steps.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I tried the extracting with WinRar and it seemed to work just fine! And yes my account had admin privileges set as well.

Honestly I have no idea what could be the issue here and it's quite confusing so anything you can offer as help so far has been really appreciated!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Have you tried Virtual CloneDrive ? I use it as an alternative to Daemon Tools, and vice versa when the other doesn't work for me.

Virtual CloneDrive Download

Give that a shot. It's the last link of the list, the (Free) one. It will need a restart, though.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay I will try this over the weekend when I have the time to download it and let you know how it goes afterwards!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast