aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Gian (L4)Star 1 (Silver)Ivan (L4)
    Giulio Di Bondone (L1)Bernardo Ortolani (L2)Luchino Gregoretti (L1)
    Zhan Zheng Xi (L9)Bakshi (L1)Mo Guan Shan (L9)

Game not Extracting: Daylight -Asa ni Hikari no Kan wo-

I'm trying to play the game daylight, but every time I join the files and then try to extract it, I keep getting this error:

help.png

I've redownloaded from this site and joined the files (with hjsplit) numerous times, but I keep getting this pop-up. Therefore, I am not able to get the iso file out of the folder.

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    By the error message you posted, it is saying that the file "Daylight[...].ISO" has no files. If it is an ISO file, then that means it isn't compressed, and doesn't need to be extracted. ^^

At this point, you need to mount the ISO in Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone CD. (Or similar, or burn it.)

Where did you download all the files that needed to be HJSplit back together?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    By the error message you posted, it is saying that the file "Daylight[...].ISO" has no files. If it is an ISO file, then that means it isn't compressed, and doesn't need to be extracted. ^^

At this point, you need to mount the ISO in Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone CD. (Or similar, or burn it.)

Where did you download all the files that needed to be HJSplit back together?
    I'm so confused though lol. I mean I've never had a problem with extracting/installing other games in the same way, and this one should have been straightforward.. I feel like I'm missing something here haha

Well I downloaded it from here (the mega link):
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/t...ml#post4233669

There are 8 "zip files*, but after downloading them. In my downloads, their file "type" is just 001 file type, 002 file type, and so on.
    I joined them all together with hj split and got a .rar file. When opening the .rar file, I get this:

help.png

Since the iso is still contained within the rar file, I can't mount the iso directly. I need to extract that iso somewhere in order to mount it with daemon tools or something like that (as I usually do). But every time I try, I keep getting that pop-up image I put in my first post. LOL it's driving me crazy

Thanks again

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ahh! Sorry, I misunderstood.

Let's see... Do you have 7-Zip?

With all 8 files, you should be able to click on the first one (*.001) and open that with 7-Zip. You can then extract the ISO from there. 7-Zip automatically merges HJSplit files before it extracts, so you don't need to HJSplit the files back together. It's kind of a nice thing to have. ^^;;

I just downloaded all the files from the same link you posted, but from the MEGA folder instead. I got all 8 files, used 7-ZIP to extract the ISO, Mounted it fine and installed.

That worked for me, so give that a shot. See if it works!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ahh! Sorry, I misunderstood.

Let's see... Do you have 7-Zip?

With all 8 files, you should be able to click on the first one (*.001) and open that with 7-Zip. You can then extract the ISO from there. 7-Zip automatically merges HJSplit files before it extracts, so you don't need to HJSplit the files back together. It's kind of a nice thing to have. ^^;;

I just downloaded all the files from the same link you posted, but from the MEGA folder instead. I got all 8 files, used 7-ZIP to extract the ISO, Mounted it fine and installed.

That worked for me, so give that a shot. See if it works!
    YAY!! 7-zip did the trick I have no idea why what I did before didn't work, but I guess for this particular game, it has to be 7-zip.

Now, not all of the text is hooking with ith, just my luck sobs. But that's another problem!

Anyways, thanks so much for your help

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticaa View Post
    YAY!! 7-zip did the trick I have no idea why what I did before didn't work, but I guess for this particular game, it has to be 7-zip.

Now, not all of the text is hooking with ith, just my luck sobs. But that's another problem!

Anyways, thanks so much for your help
    Awesome!! Say, is the ITH script any good? I'm always curious about it with translations...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Awesome!! Say, is the ITH script any good? I'm always curious about it with translations...
    Do you mean ITH in general or in regards to this game? Similar to daylight, a couple other games don't get all of their text hooked, which is a problem. Sometimes, if we're lucky, someone is able to create/find an h code for the game, which allows all the text to be hooked. So I'll have to hold off on playing this game, til there's a fix in the future.

BUT if you mean ITH in general, well for someone like me who knows nada about reading Japanese (I can understand some common words/phrases in terms of learning comprehension, but thats it), it's the next best thing I've got lol.

Of course, the translations can be pretty wonky at times, but I use around 3-4 translation engines (google, bing, etc) on translation aggregator that displays the translated hooked text in four slightly diff translations.. making it a bit easier to understand. I was actually able to completely play through one or two otome games with it actually and understood the general gist and stuff. Then I read through summaries of the game online if there are any to double check anything I missed. Still though, an actual translation is a million times better. But heck, I shouldn't complain too much!

Hope that's what you were asking haha, cause if not, oops ^^; Sorry I tend to ramble sometimes XD
    Last edited by Romanticaa; 03-25-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Nah, that's great! XD It answers both for me. I'm really not familiar with the VN "on-the-fly" translation programs like that, so I didn't know how they really worked, or if they were any good.

I actually had a look at the file structure for Daylight, and it looks pretty simple to get into. Mind you, I just checked out one of the simpler audio packages, and found OGG stuff in it immediately...

I love goofing around in files like this. If the game's script isn't too wonkey, maybe I'll look into it as well. ^^; Either way, it looks interesting!! I've added it to my list of stuff to play next! Thanks!

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Nah, that's great! XD It answers both for me. I'm really not familiar with the VN "on-the-fly" translation programs like that, so I didn't know how they really worked, or if they were any good.

I actually had a look at the file structure for Daylight, and it looks pretty simple to get into. Mind you, I just checked out one of the simpler audio packages, and found OGG stuff in it immediately...

I love goofing around in files like this. If the game's script isn't too wonkey, maybe I'll look into it as well. ^^; Either way, it looks interesting!! I've added it to my list of stuff to play next! Thanks!
    Wait, you're looking for the script files? Well ITH does extract the lines one by one every time you click the game screen. But someone (quite a while ago though) talked about being able to extract all the scripts here:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t1...ni-hikari.html

But yeah, the game sounded quite interesting to me as well, so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot some day

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Huh, forgot I saw that post a little while ago. o__o;;

...oh right! XD You posted in there, so it was bumped.

I wonder if the translation was ever supposed to be a patch, or if just the text scripts were dumped to be used for something like ITH or other over-the-game translation stuffs. Anywho! I'll stop hijacking this thread. XD;;; Sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast