aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu No Chi Issue!

Togainu no Chi was working fine up until when I reach a certain point in the game, the point being when the dialogue box says, "Like a traveler walking through the night without any signposts, he had lost sight of everything he should do next-- of anything and everything." This is right after Keisuke leaves after admitting he (SPOILER)

Here is a screenshot. The red arrow that usually tells you you can go on in the dialogue is not there.

Untitled.jpg

Once I reach this box the game doesn't let me progress further. The dialogue does not go on when I click or press A. It's stuck. Not frozen, because I can still close the game using the 'x' button and it responds with a dialogue box confirming my action, but still stuck. I can't open the menu, save, load, progress, etc. etc. I've tried looking for the answer all over the forums and other sites and no one else seems to be having this issue. I've tried running as an admin, re-applying the English patch, re-applying the update, uninstalling and reinstalling the game in a different file location, etc.

I downloaded the game from Fuwanovels, then uninstalled and got it from Eroge, uninstalled and again got it from Fuwanovels, which is my current version.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

This game is so great and I'd love to continue playing it. Could anyone give me a tip as to what to do?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Heya Ittanna! ^_^

Actually, I know someone else had the same problem as you. And, from what I can recall, the Fuwanovel and Eroge version (where I downloaded mine from originally) don't actually have the full translation. Fuwanovel was pre-patched with a non-100% patch, and Eroge has the non-100% patch listed for download.

I know this, because I actually found Aarinfantasy myself, when I found out that the Togainu no Chi I downloaded from Eroge wasn't fully translated, and came looking for a fix. XD

Here's the English patch on the forums: TNC English Patch (1.0)

I know this worked for me, but you may need to go back to a previous selection window. (CTRL+B), so that the scene script can be reloaded. If you just load your save at that point, it won't be fixed because the old script is still loaded into your save file.

Let me know how that works out for you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks so much for responding!

Ok so I tried to follow your advice. I uninstalled the Fuwanovel english patch and then installed the TNC english patch into my installation folder, then replaced the script file again. I first tried going back to the scene without pressing Ctrl + B starting from the bar fight with Takeru, and it got stuck at the same place as usual. Next I tried Ctrl + B and it took me to the choice between staying with Rin in the hotel or dismissing him. I then played up to the part where I get stuck. It's still the same, not fixed

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Yashiro STWH (L9)Motomi TnC(L2)
    (S040) RyoumaImagase (L8)Gunji (L6)
    (S041) IzumiTakano (L3)Zero (L8)
    I played all the routes just recently from Fuwanovel's version and never encountered the issue, or any other issue either. The game played perfectly. And I'm rocking Windows 7 Ultimate also.

I installed the game like I was directed by the pdf file. (Installing from image file, using the update, then English patch, and then copying the script file.)

Sorry if I can't be of any help, but just confirming that the Fuwanovel version works.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarnia View Post
    I played all the routes just recently from Fuwanovel's version and never encountered the issue, or any other issue either. The game played perfectly. And I'm rocking Windows 7 Ultimate also.

I installed the game like I was directed by the pdf file. (Installing from image file, using the update, then English patch, and then copying the script file.)

Sorry if I can't be of any help, but just confirming that the Fuwanovel version works.
    Thanks for confirming this! I've seen a lot of people with issues from the Fuwanovel one, and from what I could gather it was A) wasn't a full patch (but mysteriously fixed later on when re-patched), or B) Wrong location.

I'm gonna wager that most people I worked with had the B) problem, as I made them reinstall the game somewhere else, or move their downloads before repatching. Thank you for clearing this up for me! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ittanna View Post
    Thanks so much for responding!

Ok so I tried to follow your advice. I uninstalled the Fuwanovel english patch and then installed the TNC english patch into my installation folder, then replaced the script file again. I first tried going back to the scene without pressing Ctrl + B starting from the bar fight with Takeru, and it got stuck at the same place as usual. Next I tried Ctrl + B and it took me to the choice between staying with Rin in the hotel or dismissing him. I then played up to the part where I get stuck. It's still the same, not fixed
    Thanks for putting up with and trying my suggestion, even though it didn't work. I remember when I found the English patch from here, I just ran it overtop of my version from Eroge and it ended up working. Oh well!

Two quick things.. First, you mentioned running Win 7 Ultimate? I'm running that as well, so I just want to ask if you're running that in a PC emulator (Like Wine on Apple computers, or another type in Linux), or is it a genuine PC/Laptop?

Secondly, Would you mind taking a screenshot of your installation folder for TnC? ^^ I'd like to compare the filesizes and filenames to mine. Here's mine:

togainu_no_chi_files.png

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It's a genuine PC.

Here it is:

files.png

For me everything looks the same, except unlike yours, I don't have a script.pak.bak file... Also I changed my mpeg file from .pak to .bak a while ago but so far that hasn't seemed to have done anything significant.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

My script.pak is modified on 1.1.2015 so there has been an update at Fuwanovel then. But Kojichan's older pak seems to have worked fine with the new English patch. I also tried the game before this latest file (last summer) but I didn't play it to the point where Ittana's error has occurred. (I did a new download now because my hard drive crashed late last year.)

.bak file is just a backup file from the original, it has no "real use". So you can ignore it and you don't need to rename anything. If you want to back up the script.pak file you can rename it or just copy it to a different location.

Another issue I can think of is DirectX. I remember having to install DirectX 9.0 to be able to play the game. But that was already something I had to do to get the game to launch at all. (As well as Japanese locale and mounting the image, can't even start the game without these.)

One more possibility is of course that something about the choices you made within the game causes this bug. I took one of my saves to that spot and played it through. After your screenshot the screen fades and after that the game branches to different routes.

I personally would try "a replay" from start with skipping, it doesn't take very long with it. And if the problem persists, I would go back and change some of my choices. On my playthroughs I used all the routes from the pdf file, except for my first playthrough where I ended up on Rin route, altering only slightly from the walkthrough.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wow, now that I think about it... I didn't look at the walkthrough at all when I played it. I just did whatever I wanted, and my arrangement of choices doesn't match with any of the walkthrough paths. I remember the game also being stuck when I once chose to make Rin leave after Keisuke runs away. So I'll try to change my choices, because I had already had to run through the entire game multiple times /otl

Yeah it's not an issue with Direct X I don't think, because my version is up to date. Thank you! I'll see if it works soon.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Actually now that I think about it again, the DirectX issue was probably with Hadaka Shitsuji, not with Togainu no Chi. Well, anyway. At least if you get stuck with different choices you will know the problem isn't about them. Wont get you any closer to solution in that case though. I hope you get it to work, it's a great game and watching the routes from youtube or something doesn't quite feel the same.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ok so yeah I tried doing Arbitro's ending/the Keisuke endings. The same thing happened but with the choice between whether or not to stay with Rin after Keisuke runs away. It got stuck there when I chose not to stay even though I followed the walkthrough, so that means I can't do most of the routes.

I agree completely. Watching it isn't nearly as fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast