aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Yashiro STWH (L9)Motomi TnC(L2)
    (S040) RyoumaImagase (L8)Gunji (L6)
    (S041) IzumiTakano (L3)Zero (L8)
    I noticed now from your screenshot that your game folder name is not correct. That might cause some issues.
    It should be Togainu no Chi/咎狗の血/ instead of those strange markings you have.

Did you install the game while your locale was set to Japanese? No idea if it matters in the end, just trying to grasp straws here.

Also if your screenshot was from the Fuwanovel version, I think your script.pak file should have the same date as I have, meaning 1.1.2015. Did you replace the file properly? Or did you download the game earlier than that?
    Last edited by Atarnia; 02-13-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I replaced the script file just now (Feb 10, 2015 was its date so I'm assuming it's just telling me when I downloaded the english patch) and it has no effect. Also, every time I installed TnC it had the weird symbols. Whenever I set the locale to Japanese it just seemed to "switch back" to English if I clicked anywhere besides TnC, then change back to Japanese when I'm playing the game.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh right, I thought my game wasn't downloaded in 1.1.2015 since the folders had different dates but it seems I moved the original download and the date on the folders changed then. My bad. The size is the same.

Anyway, what do you mean about the locale "switching back to English"? Changing the locale requires a computer restart and it certainly should not change on the fly. Keyboard or location settings is a different thing altogether and those don't need to be changed. I don't really notice any changes in my computer when I change the locale, except for the yen mark replacing / in the folder addresses and §-button not working.

I hope someone with more knowledge about the game and locale settings could determine if the fault lies there.
    Last edited by Atarnia; 02-14-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I think the only time you have to restart your computer is when you are installing the locale. When I first installed the Japanese locale, I noticed a button appear on my taskbar. I put a red square around it.

1.jpg

When I click on it, this appears:

2.png

Which gives me the impression that I can switch between the two however often I like. If I click the "Show the Language bar" option...

3.png

Which basically lets me do the same thing. It switches to Japanese automatically whenever I open TnC.

4.jpg

And switches back to English whenever I click on anything besides TnC. I also looked at the help information for the Language Bar, shown here:

5.jpg

But anyways, I get the feeling that my system locale isn't the issue, because if it was I don't think the text in TnC would be translated like it is (when I did have issues with the translation, the game dialogue did appear in random symbols instead of Japanese, but I fixed that a long time ago simply by replacing the script file. It's no longer a problem.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

That's not the system locale, that's just the keyboard language.
    System locale is changed from
    Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Region and Language -> Administrative (tab) -> Change System Locale

I am a bit surprised that you can actually launch the game though.

Yep, this is the issue.

I just unistalled my game and reinstalled it with my locale in Finland (and ended up with the monstrosity path '™é‹ç‚ÌŒŒ'). And the game freezes on the spot you said.

So you need to install the game while you system locale is set to Japan and there should be no issue. (If you only change the locale after installing you can't launch the game as it will not recognize the path, so you need an actual reinstall.)

Check this image to see where the locale is changed.
    Last edited by Atarnia; 02-14-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH

IT WORKED! And now I can even see all of the characters' portraits, which I had not been able to before!

Omg thank you so much! I'm so glad I posted!!

Thank you too, Kojichan! Both of you. o//u//o <3 Wow.

Question-- I know you have to unlock Shiki by going through Rin, Keisuke, Motomi, Arbitro, etc.'s routes. The game ends after you play all the way through one of them. Do I just start over for it to count or do I reload another save and play a different route on that save game?
    Last edited by Ittanna; 02-14-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Glad it worked. I dunno really why I went and did all that last night, probably because I had some wine.

I played Shiki routes from an earlier save, the new options did appear fine. Not sure if I started a new game for the true ending, I might have - probably not needed though.

I played the routes Rin -> Keisuke -> Motomi -> Shiki -> True and I thought it was a pretty decent order. I know they recommend Keisuke first but I think personally I would have played it after Motomi. And Rin definitely before Shiki. But it's not like the order really matters. As far as I understood one only needs a single playthrough of any route to unlock the Shiki options (at least that happened to me but my first route was Rin and thus directly connected to Shiki). Not sure if it's needed to play through Shiki to unlock the true route but there's really no reason not to.

Play all the bad endings btw, they are mostly awesome and even better than the good ones.
    Last edited by Atarnia; 02-15-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lol ok! Thanks! Yeah I'm about to play Rin's routes. I can't wait until I get to Shiki's endings-- he's my favorite.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    I'm glad it's working now, Ittanna! XD I was actually going to suggest the same thing, after seeing your screenshot (which was why I suggested it).

And yeah, I make backup files of stuff I replace in case there are problems later I can revert. Sorry I didn't mention that. ^^;;

And thank you so much, Atarnia! Thank you for helping out, and figuring out the issue! ^_^

Also, thanks for the update about the Fuwanovel version being updated. This'll help a lot now! Whew!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12