aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

DRAMAtical Murder: Uninstall problem.

I literally just made this account because I have a problem that's been driving me insane and I can't find any answers!

The game won't run and I can't uninstall it because I forgot to change the system locale to Japan before I installed the game. The game does not appear on the 'uninstall a program' list. I read somewhere that this happens if you install the game when your system locale is NOT set to Japan. And that is exactly what I did. I completely forgot to set it to Japan and now I can't uninstall it. If anyone knows how I can uninstall it, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Heya Tonomni! ^_^

I can help you with this problem. Just to clarify, it does NOT appear in your Uninstall programs list? Awesome.

First, we'll remove the Start > Program Files folder. Click on your START bar, and type into the search box:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NitroplusCHiRAL

This will pop open a window with 1 folder called "DRAMAtical Murder". Inside this folder will be 4 files, 2 of which will have the incorrect names as they should have been made in Japanese. Go ahead and delete this folder completely.

Next, navigate to the folder where DRAMAtical Murder was installed. If you used the default folder, it will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\

Delete the folder named "DRAMAtical Murder", or even better yet, if you don't have any other Nitro+CHiRAL games installed, delete that folder instead.

Now make sure your System Locale is properly set to Japan, and you can reinstall the game now. ^_^ I would suggest, however, NOT using the default location to install the game. This is just a precaution, as Windows controls the "Program Files" folders, and tries to prevent other programs from editing files in there (like virus, or malware), so the patches sometimes won't work. Best bet is to make a new game folder on your harddrive, and install things there. For example, mine is C:\Games\ ... Then I install all my games there, and patches work, as well as older games that save in the same folder they were installed to.

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you very much! Sorry for the late reply, the problem has been solved now. Thanks again for the help.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Do you know where i can download the game?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

any way you can help me? i know its been a while since you posted this but i really need help. i donwloaded, installed and played the game sucessfuly but did get the notice that said you cant use the save or reload buttons. apperently if you do use them with the english patch, later on in the game youll have issues with the program/game. well i didnt get that and used the reload button and now i cant continue with the game. so i tried to uninstall the game and i cant. i cant find the file to uninstall in the first place. the program is on my desktop in a folder like it has always been. but even deleteing the game files and the program wont let me install it again. i just want to start over and use the patch the right way. what should i do? i love this game but its driving me nuts

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by CyanideKitten View Post
    any way you can help me? i know its been a while since you posted this but i really need help. i donwloaded, installed and played the game sucessfuly but did get the notice that said you cant use the save or reload buttons. apperently if you do use them with the english patch, later on in the game youll have issues with the program/game. well i didnt get that and used the reload button and now i cant continue with the game. so i tried to uninstall the game and i cant. i cant find the file to uninstall in the first place. the program is on my desktop in a folder like it has always been. but even deleteing the game files and the program wont let me install it again. i just want to start over and use the patch the right way. what should i do? i love this game but its driving me nuts
    Hello CyanideKitten!

I'm a little confused with what you're describing, the "notice that said you can't use the save or reload buttons" ??? I'm not familiar with what you're talking about at all. o.o;;

Also, you said you installed the game, but said it was on your Desktop. Did you actually follow an installation process or did you just place it on your Desktop?

Also, you said you can't install? Are there any error messages or windows that pop up? Anything at all that can help? ^^;;;;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

what i mean is i installed the game and was able to play it but the actual file is in a folder on my desltop. i cant find dmmd files anywhere else on my compy(computer). usually when you install something there are aditional files that will go into a program file. but i cant find them.

on a separate thought, when i got the patch it came with a manual and i forgot to read one page.

so i played the game and the game auto-saved. then without knowing that i shouldnt, i used one of the save points. now the game crashes later in the game. so im trying to uninstall the game and patch so i can start over and do it right. but i cant, im stuck what should i do?

- - - Updated - - -

etyuetyu.jpg
    heres the part of the manual

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

what i mean is i installed the game and was able to play it but the actual file is in a folder on my desltop. i cant find dmmd files anywhere else on my compy(computer). usually when you install something there are aditional files that will go into a program file. but i cant find them.

on a separate thought, when i got the patch it came with a manual and i forgot to read one page.

so i played the game and the game auto-saved. then without knowing that i shouldnt, i used one of the save points. now the game crashes later in the game. so im trying to uninstall the game and patch so i can start over and do it right. but i cant, im stuck what should i do?

- - - Updated - - -

etyuetyu.jpg
    There's nothing on the "Program and Features" as well, is it not listed there?

If you installed on default folder (:C\Program Files(x68)\NitroplusCHiRAL\), the files should be there. The savefiles can be found at C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NitroplusCHiRAL

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData is a hidden folder so you should enable "Show Hidden Folders" in Control Panel options.

If you just deleted the whole thing without properly uninstalling it, there must be some register values left behind that tells the PC that DMMd is still installed. I suggest getting CCleaner, run the registry analyze program and it will find registry values that are not used by the computer anymore.

If all else fails, there is a Fuwanovel version of DMMd Eng Patched that does not require installation.

You can get it here: DRAMAtical Murder Installation Guide (with English patch!)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

- - - Updated - - -

etyuetyu.jpg
    OK, normally there will be Start Menu (Program File) menu items added once the game is installed, yes, however if you accidentally installed the game when the system language WAS NOT SET TO JAPANESE, then (sometimes) it won't show up properly/the game cannot uninstall properly. ^^;;

Also, the save/load warning is not about saving or loading the game, period, it means that if you played the JAPANESE version of the game (without the English patch), then you CANNOT CONTINUE a previous save (Well, you can, but it won't finish the game properly...)

They suggest starting a new game, then using NitroSkip to get back to where you were in that save. Then you can continue. You can also save/load perfectly fine afterwards, even the quick/auto saves. Heck, mine does and I used it yesterday when I opened it up. o.o

You don't need to uninstall DMMd and reinstall it for the saves. It's just that one save you were working on.

... though, now that I think about it... Are you playing in Noiz's route, by chance? Are you experiencing glitches there?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

im pretty sure my prob is not setting the system language thing(locale) before the game. what what should i do?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast