aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi "gamedisc" error

So I installed Togainu no Chi today, and I mounted it using Daemon Tools Ultra 3. I installed the game and ran the update and moved script.pak to the installation directory, and when it was installed the shortcut was on my desktop. But whenever I try to start the game the image of the blonde guy comes up and I don't even get to the game menu before this error shows up:

Screenshot_1.png

I don't know what it says besides "gamedisc" and "ok", so I can't figure out what's wrong.
    I'm using Windows 8.1 so I don't know if that's the issue or not considering this game is nearly 10 yrs old
    someone please help, i really want to play it and i've been trying all day :(

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello koujakuz!

This error message pops up when the game cannot find the original disc in the drive, or the ISO isn't mounted in a virtual drive. There isn't any "No-CD" for this game.

I don't have the Ultra version of Daemon Tools, so I cannot verify, but if I mount TnC the game can usually find the virtual drive with the ISO.

If you've restarted your computer, make sure Daemon Tools still has TnC mounted when you try running the game. If it is mounted, and this error occurs, you could try the "Run as administrator" option, by Right-clicking on the game icon.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello koujakuz!

This error message pops up when the game cannot find the original disc in the drive, or the ISO isn't mounted in a virtual drive. There isn't any "No-CD" for this game.

I don't have the Ultra version of Daemon Tools, so I cannot verify, but if I mount TnC the game can usually find the virtual drive with the ISO.

If you've restarted your computer, make sure Daemon Tools still has TnC mounted when you try running the game. If it is mounted, and this error occurs, you could try the "Run as administrator" option, by Right-clicking on the game icon.
    I've tried the "Run as administrator" option, but the same GameDisc error continues to pop up. I used Daemon Tools to mount the image as well...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterchi View Post
    I've tried the "Run as administrator" option, but the same GameDisc error continues to pop up. I used Daemon Tools to mount the image as well...
    Heya Hunterchi! ^^

Let's see... What version of Windows are you running, and where was your version of TnC installed to?

Lastly, you've also made sure that your System Locale is set to Japanese, right?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hm.
    I'm having the same problem, but I've installed TNC before on another computer and it worked just fine.
    I've been wrestling with it all morning.
    Question: should there be an ISO file in the TNC file (!咎狗の血(ボーイズラブゲーム)【050225】)? I can't quite find one and I'm wondering if that's the reason I can't play.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)Yashiro STWH (L9)Motomi TnC(L2)
    (S040) RyoumaImagase (L8)Gunji (L6)
    (S041) IzumiTakano (L3)Zero (L8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Lastly, you've also made sure that your System Locale is set to Japanese, right?
    Yea, I think this error also occurred if you had installed the game with a different locale than what you are trying to play it, so both the installation and the actual playing needed to be done with the Japanese locale, so the translation patch works properly and the game exe finds the mounted image.

baka8roukanako
    I have the same problem.
    I use Windows 7 64bit. I didn't have any problems with running DMMD, so this got me really upset.
    For mounting I used DAEMON Tools Lite and I installed the game in Users > Admin > Documents.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by starninja1004 View Post
    I'm having the same problem, but I've installed TNC before on another computer and it worked just fine.
    I've been wrestling with it all morning.
    Question: should there be an ISO file in the TNC file (!咎狗の血(ボーイズラブゲーム)【050225】)? I can't quite find one and I'm wondering if that's the reason I can't play.
    In my version I don't have an actual .iso file, it's .img
    It should be there wherever you installed the game from in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by baka8roukanako View Post
    I have the same problem.
    I use Windows 7 64bit. I didn't have any problems with running DMMD, so this got me really upset.
    For mounting I used DAEMON Tools Lite and I installed the game in Users > Admin > Documents.
    I wouldn't suggest installing any games under 'users' or 'program files' folder. Just reinstall to a folder that has nothing to do with Windows, like C:/Games/Togainunochi and see if there are still issues.

baka8roukanako
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarnia View Post
    I wouldn't suggest installing any games under 'users' or 'program files' folder. Just reinstall to a folder that has nothing to do with Windows, like C:/Games/Togainunochi and see if there are still issues.
    I tired and it's still the same.

Also, may I know what software did everyone use for mounting the game? Maybe DAEMON Tools Lite which is used is just not appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by koujakuz View Post
    error

Hooray! I got it to work! The game mounts no problem with Virtual CloneDrive (version 5.4.7.0), which I found after some trial and error with three other emulating programmes.

Thank you everybody for support!
    Last edited by baka8roukanako; 04-04-2015 at 04:24 AM. Reason: problem solved

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I used Daemon Tools Lite (it's the only program I've ever needed to use for mounting images) and it worked fine, but there are always so many little things that influence each other with all the different computer setups, so you never know what might go wrong. Glad it's working now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast