aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

BL Game Audio Packs

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about it, and if this has already been asked, but does anybody know how to extract/where to find the audio of a BL game (a Nitro+Chiral game, to be exact)? I need the actual voices, sound effects, etc., other than the OST, please. It's for a fan video I'm making, and it could really help for other future projects of mine...
    Thanks

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Actually, it depends entirely on which game you want to extract the Audio from. Each game uses a slightly different variation of the packing format, so requires a slightly different unpacker. Also, Togainu no Chi doesn't have a freely available unpacker, so that one is kind of off limits.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well for Nitro+(Chiral) Games it'd be voice.npa. You can extract it using Nipa / Other NPA extraction tools.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    Well for Nitro+(Chiral) Games it'd be voice.npa. You can extract it using Nipa / Other NPA extraction tools.
    Thanks, I'll try that one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Actually, it depends entirely on which game you want to extract the Audio from. Each game uses a slightly different variation of the packing format, so requires a slightly different unpacker. Also, Togainu no Chi doesn't have a freely available unpacker, so that one is kind of off limits.
    I'm referring to Nitro+Chiral games, Sweet Pool, to be exact...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ajcq View Post
    I'm referring to Nitro+Chiral games, Sweet Pool, to be exact...
    Yup yup! Togainu no Chi is a Nitro+CHiRAL title as well. ^^

But for Sweet Pool, Lamento and newer... Try this:

asmodean's reverse engineering page - exnpa

It is a DOS program, so you will need to start a Command window to run it. Have you ever played around in DOS before...?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yup yup! Togainu no Chi is a Nitro+CHiRAL title as well. ^^

But for Sweet Pool, Lamento and newer... Try this:

asmodean's reverse engineering page - exnpa

It is a DOS program, so you will need to start a Command window to run it. Have you ever played around in DOS before...?
    I tried opening "exnpa_sweetpool.exe", and downloaded the missing "zlib1.dll" file, but it still won't work... It closes down as soon as it opens. (And no, I'm not familiar with DOS... ^_^')

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ajcq View Post
    I tried opening "exnpa_sweetpool.exe", and downloaded the missing "zlib1.dll" file, but it still won't work... It closes down as soon as it opens. (And no, I'm not familiar with DOS... ^_^')

Yeah, that's the thing, you need to be IN DOS to run those. ^^;; It'll always look like it's closing, otherwise. It's all text based.

OK, well, let's do this step by step. ^_^; It's a bit long, please bear with it.

• First, create a new folder on your computer, on your main harddrive. Name it: C:\Extract\
    • Once that's done, put a copy of the "exnpa_sweetpool.exe" into that folder.
    • Now, COPY the Sweetpool's "voice.npa" from the main installation folder, and copy it to the new C:\Extract\ folder. (Don't move it, keep the original, we just want a copy.
    • Click on the "Start" button, and type in "CMD" and hit Enter. A black box with grey text will pop up. This is a command window, where DOS runs. It's all text-based, so it can get a bit confusing. I'll go slowly. XP
    • In the black window with text, type this text: CD C:\Extract (now hit enter)
    • Lastly, type in: exnpa_sweetpool voice.npa (Now hit enter again)
    • WAIT (long time, big file)

And now it's done! ^_^ [/ochikeron]

You can now view that folder in Windows, and all the voices should be extracted. I don't know if the voice.npa file has folders, so they may or may not be sorted like that. In that folder, you can now delete the "voice.npa" file as you only needed it once to extract the files.

Let me know if you get stuck, and on which step so I can further help.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yeah, that's the thing, you need to be IN DOS to run those. ^^;; It'll always look like it's closing, otherwise. It's all text based.

OK, well, let's do this step by step. ^_^; It's a bit long, please bear with it.

• First, create a new folder on your computer, on your main harddrive. Name it: C:\Extract\
    • Once that's done, put a copy of the "exnpa_sweetpool.exe" into that folder.
    • Now, COPY the Sweetpool's "voice.npa" from the main installation folder, and copy it to the new C:\Extract\ folder. (Don't move it, keep the original, we just want a copy.
    • Click on the "Start" button, and type in "CMD" and hit Enter. A black box with grey text will pop up. This is a command window, where DOS runs. It's all text-based, so it can get a bit confusing. I'll go slowly. XP
    • In the black window with text, type this text: CD C:\Extract (now hit enter)
    • Lastly, type in: exnpa_sweetpool voice.npa (Now hit enter again)
    • WAIT (long time, big file)

And now it's done! ^_^ [/ochikeron]

You can now view that folder in Windows, and all the voices should be extracted. I don't know if the voice.npa file has folders, so they may or may not be sorted like that. In that folder, you can now delete the "voice.npa" file as you only needed it once to extract the files.

Let me know if you get stuck, and on which step so I can further help.
    It worked! Thank you so much

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could help me with the dmmdrc program. I've tried 3 of the others (Sweet Pool, Dmmd, and Chaos Head) they all worked but dmmdrc keeps giving me this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." Any ideas about what I should do?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by videogamequeen View Post
    Hey, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could help me with the dmmdrc program. I've tried 3 of the others (Sweet Pool, Dmmd, and Chaos Head) they all worked but dmmdrc keeps giving me this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." Any ideas about what I should do?
    Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folder where you installed DMMd:re? ^^

I'd like to see the file sizes, if possible!

It should look something like mine:
    dmmdre_install_files.png

Also, where IS the folder for the game on your computer? Mine is C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder reconnect\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast