aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The game won't load...

So, I downloaded Lamento but even as I followed the instructions of this video: Nitro+Chiral Lamento Beyond the Void BL Game Installation - YouTube with everything running smoothly (I installed the optional sound file as well), the game wouldn't load and play for me. Has anyone experienced this in any game? Know how to fix this? Thank you for your time.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by xsilverghostx View Post
    So, I downloaded Lamento but even as I followed the instructions of this video: Nitro+Chiral Lamento Beyond the Void BL Game Installation - YouTube with everything running smoothly (I installed the optional sound file as well), the game wouldn't load and play for me. Has anyone experienced this in any game? Know how to fix this? Thank you for your time.
    I'm having a problem similar, if not the same as you. I have everything downloaded, I have a short cut, the game is installed with the patches, and I have Daemon tools working. I click on the game and get a window that's all black and won't close. I have been trying for a week to get this game, and I'm nearly giving up.

I see that you've posted this a long time ago, so I'm wondering if perhaps you solved the problem?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpowerful View Post
    I'm having a problem similar, if not the same as you. I have everything downloaded, I have a short cut, the game is installed with the patches, and I have Daemon tools working. I click on the game and get a window that's all black and won't close. I have been trying for a week to get this game, and I'm nearly giving up.

I see that you've posted this a long time ago, so I'm wondering if perhaps you solved the problem?
    Hello shadowpowerful! ^_^

A black screen can be one of a few things. First, make sure your System Unicode Locale is set to Japanese.
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

The other problems could be which patches you installed. Did you install LmtDVDVer103 and only (up to) that? The English version was made using that patch specifically so the LmtDVDVer200 might give you issues.

And lastly, perhaps post a screenshot of the folder where you installed Lamento? ^^

Sometimes looking at the files and filesizes can help identify an issue.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Honestly, asking for a screenshot is asking the impossible of me. XD I am by far, not computer smart.

I did, on the other hand, change my locale to Japan. I figured out how to do that after a good half hour when I got DMMD (I loved all the routes on that by the way). So I make sure that's done after a factory reset. I did not download LmtDVDVer103, so I should probably do that. Thanks for that, it may be my issue. Again, thanks. If I'm still having issues, I'll let you know.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpowerful View Post
    Honestly, asking for a screenshot is asking the impossible of me. XD I am by far, not computer smart.

I did, on the other hand, change my locale to Japan. I figured out how to do that after a good half hour when I got DMMD (I loved all the routes on that by the way). So I make sure that's done after a factory reset. I did not download LmtDVDVer103, so I should probably do that. Thanks for that, it may be my issue. Again, thanks. If I'm still having issues, I'll let you know.

Well, here is an installation guide for Lamento to help you through the process. ^^ It's broken down into bite-sized chunks to make it easier to follow.
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4349789