aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question Sweet Pool Help patch

Hello everyone ^^ I'm new here and there's a lot I yet don't know so please be considerate with me if it turns out this thread was already made before and I didn't see it.
    Yesterday I downloaded sweet pool and the partial patch because I wanted to play it today. I followed the instructions and installed the game without problems, but when I put the patch and play, no text appears, it skips all. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? If I take off the patch the japanese text appears very well but when I put it again the text disappear and the game advances on its own I've seen there are a lot of trheads here about SP but I couldn't find one that helps with my problem.
    According to the instructions, I copied and pasted the patch into the folder where the game is installed, the Nitro+Chiral/sweet pool folder. I start the game and the mentioned above happens.
    Then I've read in another thread that I should rename the Eng patch as nss.npa so it will replace the japanese one but it didn't make any difference. The problem was the same, no text appears.
    I deleted the entire game and installed it all over again but the same happened, no difference.

Please someone help me. I don't know what more to do. I don't know if I did something wrong or what and I really want to play this game >.<
    Thank you in advance.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiralinda View Post
    Hello everyone ^^ I'm new here and there's a lot I yet don't know so please be considerate with me if it turns out this thread was already made before and I didn't see it.
    Yesterday I downloaded sweet pool and the partial patch because I wanted to play it today. I followed the instructions and installed the game without problems, but when I put the patch and play, no text appears, it skips all. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? If I take off the patch the japanese text appears very well but when I put it again the text disappear and the game advances on its own I've seen there are a lot of trheads here about SP but I couldn't find one that helps with my problem.
    According to the instructions, I copied and pasted the patch into the folder where the game is installed, the Nitro+Chiral/sweet pool folder. I start the game and the mentioned above happens.
    Then I've read in another thread that I should rename the Eng patch as nss.npa so it will replace the japanese one but it didn't make any difference. The problem was the same, no text appears.
    I deleted the entire game and installed it all over again but the same happened, no difference.

Please someone help me. I don't know what more to do. I don't know if I did something wrong or what and I really want to play this game >.<
    Thank you in advance.
    Hello kiralinda and welcome! ^_^

I'm not 100% familiar with how to install the partial English patch, but as you mentioned, it seems to involve removing the existing NSS.NPA (Japanese), and replacing it with the English one (Rename NSS-patch.NPA). You can replace it, but I would actually suggest renaming the old Japanese nss.npa to this instead: nss.bak or nss.old Make sure your folder view settings are set so you can see file extensions before you do this.

Then you can paste the partial English script file in.

Now as for why it's not working... May I ask where you installed Sweet Pool? If Sweet Pool was installed in the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\Sweet Pool\ there's a chance that Windows is blocking the new partial English patch from working 100%.

You could try Running as Administrator, or re-installing Sweet Pool in a new location. I personally install all my games in a folder I created called C:\Games\ That way I can avoid some basic problems.

^_^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello kiralinda and welcome! ^_^

I'm not 100% familiar with how to install the partial English patch, but as you mentioned, it seems to involve removing the existing NSS.NPA (Japanese), and replacing it with the English one (Rename NSS-patch.NPA). You can replace it, but I would actually suggest renaming the old Japanese nss.npa to this instead: nss.bak or nss.old Make sure your folder view settings are set so you can see file extensions before you do this.

Then you can paste the partial English script file in.

Now as for why it's not working... May I ask where you installed Sweet Pool? If Sweet Pool was installed in the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\Sweet Pool\ there's a chance that Windows is blocking the new partial English patch from working 100%.

You could try Running as Administrator, or re-installing Sweet Pool in a new location. I personally install all my games in a folder I created called C:\Games\ That way I can avoid some basic problems.

^_^
    Thank you very much for replying Yes, the game was installed in the default location NitroplusCHiRAL\Sweet Pool so I re-installed the game in a new location and renamed the japanese nss.pna (i already have the settings to see file extensions) but still there was no difference i don't know maybe my computer has some problem. I played dmmd and dmmd reconnect just fine but this one is giving me trouble

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by kiralinda View Post
    Thank you very much for replying Yes, the game was installed in the default location NitroplusCHiRAL\Sweet Pool so I re-installed the game in a new location and renamed the japanese nss.pna (i already have the settings to see file extensions) but still there was no difference i don't know maybe my computer has some problem. I played dmmd and dmmd reconnect just fine but this one is giving me trouble
    Hmm! That is strange... Would you mind posting a screen shot of the files in the sweet pool installation folder? I'd like to see the filesizes, please! Especially the English Patch NPA file.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[QUOTE=Kojichan;4263633]Hmm! That is strange... Would you mind posting a screen shot of the files in the sweet pool installation folder? I'd like to see the filesizes, please! Especially the English Patch NPA file.[/QUOTE

Sure, no problem (my computer language is Spanish though)
    kikk.JPG

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmm, the file-sizes look correct...

You mentioned your computer is in Spanish? (I can also see from the screenshot...)

But I have a question, what is your computer's System Locale set to? Don't confuse this with the language of your computer. It's completely different. Is it set to Japan? (Your language won't change to Japanese by doing this).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ah yes, my computer's system locale is already set to japanese. I don't know what's going on but maybe it has something to do with my operative system being Windows XP. For some reason the patch just doesn't work for me. Idk I give up. I don't want to keep bothering you with this, thank you for taking time to help me

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey,

coming out of hiding to drop this link for you:
    Sweet Pool Missing Text/Gameplay Skip (SOLVED) - Voluntary Tech Support - Fuwanovel

The answer there solved the same problem for me, in case you are still stuck

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Cicc View Post
    Hey,

Sweet Pool Missing Text/Gameplay Skip (SOLVED) - Voluntary Tech Support - Fuwanovel

Holy crap, I didn't even think of a missing font as part of the problem. o_O That honestly makes so much sense, though. Thank you for sharing this!

So the game uses the font "MingLiU", and I guess if it can't find it, it causes this effect.... Iiiinteresting.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Cicc View Post
    Hey,

OH MY GOD IT WORKED!!! I can't believe the problem was a font missing OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU THANK YOU