aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Daemon help

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Daemon help

I can't find anyone else that has had this problem, but the problem is that it just doesn't do anything that I've been told it's supposed to do. In the second step in the thread helping with Daemon, it says to "In the system tray, right click on Daemon tools icon. Go to "Virtual CD/DVDROM", then "Set Number of Devices", then choose "1"." It doesn't give me such an option, so I'm already behind right there. I have the game image in the program though, but it's not letting me click/mount it. It just doesn't do anything. Not even an error message. Anyways, help would be much appreciated.

Here's a picture if this helps anything.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    There's a list of icons at the bottom above the white box, one of them has the letters 'DT' and a green plus ( + ) icon on it. Try clicking that. It should place a new "Virtual" drive in the white box at the bottom.

If that doesn't work, then it might be that Daemon Tools isn't running properly. Have you restarted your computer lately? Also, try running Daemon Tools as Administrator (Right-click > Run as Administrator).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I had tried that already. It wasn't working either. I did figure out how to make it work though. It wasn't anything with Daemon itself, It was my computer. I had to go into my regedit.exe and delete the upperfilters and lowerfilters in the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}] branch. It's working now.
    Wow, that took some digging to find.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Wow, indeed! O_o

Thanks for posting your fix; this will be handy if other people have the same issue.