aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sweet Pool - the save/load/nitro etc. buttons don't work.

Okay, I looked everywhere to find the solution or cause of the problem but it seems I am the only one with thi sspecific problem. The game works fine. No problem with installation etc. But when I want to save the game nothing happens. I click S, the window for the load/saves open, i pick the box i want it to save in, it changes from "None" to "New". But then when I continue with the game I want to load something from before and thre is nothing. Nothing is saved. I read that a lot of people had problems with saving in the Sweet Pool so I decided to just skip with the nitro skip every time. But this also doesn't work. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I tried downloading and installing the game from few different sources, I used patches and I didn't use patches, I set the compatibility to Windows XP. I don't know if I am the one who does something wrong or what.
    Thanks for all the help and sorry for my english.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Shinu1104!

I haven't actually got Sweet Pool downloaded on my computer, but as it's a Nitro+CHiRAL game there's a chance I might be able to help...

First a few questions:

1) Which version of Windows are you using?

2) Where did you install Sweet Pool to?

(And just in case

3) I know newer N+C games like DMMd don't save in the same folder it was installed to, unlike the older ones, but I don't know if Sweet Pool does this or not. So, for the sake of curiosity, does your Windows username contain any foreign characters that are NOT Japanese or Roman/English? Like Russian, Israeli, etc?
    Last edited by Kojichan; 09-27-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello Kojichan,
    1. I use Windows 8
    2. First I installed it in my D: disc then i reinstalled it to disc C because I though that it might be the problem but it didin't made a difference.
    It installed in the nitro+chiral folder, right beside the DMMd.
    Yes, it contains the foreign letter, i had the same problem with the DMMd and I forgot about it whet I installed Sweet Pool. I will try to reinstall in in the different username and see what happens.

It works! I can't belive I forgot about it. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Shinu1104; 09-27-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yay! ^_^ I'm glad it works now.

I'm sorry you had to try a different username. Nitro+CHiRAL games were built to only handle Japanese and English characters, so when the game tries to save in the "Windows Default Save Folder", a foreign character pops up, it can't handle it.

Have fun!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L6)(S030) VirusClear (L9)
    Trip (L8)Izaya (L3)Okita (L9)
    Hi again Kojichan,

Where can I find this "Windows Default Save Folder" ? I want to check if maybe there's a foreign character bothering me (my username is "Alex" but who knows).
    In my case I can save in Sweet Pool but I can't load, when I click on load, it asks if I want to load this save, I click yes, then it says something like "loading the save, please wait", then a window pops up that says in japanese that "an error occured when loading the save, the game will close" and the game window shuts down.

2014-10-16_153432.jpg

So if it can't find the save maybe there is NO save in the first place, although I can see it on the save/load screen.

2014-10-16_153401.jpg

And I tried the nitro skip (High Velocity Skip (N) in the menu) and it works.
    Last edited by Alexchan; 10-16-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added screenshots

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Alexchan View Post
    Hi again Kojichan,

Where can I find this "Windows Default Save Folder" ? I want to check if maybe there's a foreign character bothering me (my username is "Alex" but who knows).
    In my case I can save in Sweet Pool but I can't load, when I click on load, it asks if I want to load this save, I click yes, then it says something like "loading the save, please wait", then a window pops up that says in japanese that "an error occured when loading the save, the game will close" and the game window shuts down.

2014-10-16_153432.jpg

So if it can't find the save maybe there is NO save in the first place, although I can see it on the save/load screen.

2014-10-16_153401.jpg

And I tried the nitro skip (High Velocity Skip (N) in the menu) and it works.

Hello again, Alexchan! XD

To easily get to the save area, click on the 'Start' button, then in the search bar type: %APPDATA%

Just like that, and hit enter. The folder that pops up is a giant save-folder where programs can save data freely. Look for the 'NitroplusCHiRAL' folder. Inside you should see the sweet pool folder. (As a bonus, if you also have DMMd and DMMdrc installed you can find their save data here as well. Lamento and TnC, however, do not save here)

Basically, by opening the %APPDATA% folder, it will show you the file location in the URL bar. That's where you can check for foreign characters.

And as for the error from Sweet Pool... That is actually a just generic error message saying it couldn't load the save data.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the tip, found it.
    And indeed, there was both DMMd and DMMd r:cnt in it as well.
    Here's what I got in the sweet pool folder :

2014-10-17_165128.jpg

I made 2 saves in the game, and I'm guessing they are those 0001 and 0002 things (they have npl files in them, and the dates seem accurate too), and I have this 9999 folder... what is it ?! It's empty though ! Is it an error ?
    (Oh I went into the DMMd saves and there's this 9999 folder in both games too, empty as well, but the games work well... so this folder is here for nothing then, I'll leave it where it is)

So for what I see, it seems my game saves apparently but can't load... how could I make it work ? As you can see, there are no foreign characters in the file location so... what do you want from me, game i___i

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thanks for the tip, found it.
    And indeed, there was both DMMd and DMMd r:cnt in it as well.
    Here's what I got in the sweet pool folder :

2014-10-17_165128.jpg

I made 2 saves in the game, and I'm guessing they are those 0001 and 0002 things (they have npl files in them, and the dates seem accurate too), and I have this 9999 folder... what is it ?! It's empty though ! Is it an error ?
    (Oh I went into the DMMd saves and there's this 9999 folder in both games too, empty as well, but the games work well... so this folder is here for nothing then, I'll leave it where it is)

So for what I see, it seems my game saves apparently but can't load... how could I make it work ? As you can see, there are no foreign characters in the file location so... what do you want from me, game i___i
    Thanks for the screenshot! And yeah, there aren't any foreign characters, good to see.

Yeah, the 9999 folder is actually just a blank placeholder. Nothing to worry about. It's just how the Engine determines how to save the filefolder names.

I made a few suggestions in the other post you have for TnC, but I'll paste it here as well so that in case this topic is read by others they can try the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, everything looks fine. Thank you for the screen shot, by the way!

Let's try going in another direction, a couple of things...

First, do you have an Antivirus software? Like McAffee, Norton or AVAST! or something that extreme? (Windows Defender/Security Essentials is fine). I know some antivirus' are picky...

Have you tried running as an administrator? Sometimes when you download programs from the internet, Windows will 'Block' the EXE and prevent you from doing certain things with them.

Right-click on the 'togainunochi.exe' and select 'Properties' from the bottom. Look for something similar to this image here, ignore the fact that it's for DMMdrc, and just look at the bottom Red circle. That button there, if it exists, means the Program is being blocked from performing certain functions. Try unblocking it if it is set that way.

Attachment 165660

Lastly, it might be a program conflict. This one's really out of left-field, though, so it's a bit drastic.

Sometimes drivers from other programs/games end up running in memory whether you're using them or not, and conflict with other programs (Hence, the Antivirus I was talking about earlier). We can test if something is conflicting, by using a program called 'Sandboxie'. (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie)

Sandboxie is a program that 'wraps around' another. When it's installed (and after you restart), you can now right-click on programs and select the option 'Run in Sandboxie'. The program will then run in a sandboxed enviroment, where the memory is locked specifically to the program being run, and nothing can interfere. So this prevents Virus', Malware, and driver conflicts from encroaching on how a program runs.

(Running internet browsers through Sandboxie, for example, will prevent Virus' from adverts from running.)

If you can try running TnC through that, it might work. I know I had to use Sandboxie to install a few games, because the InstallShield program wouldn't run from a driver conflict.

Good luck with these suggestions, and let me know how it works!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot! And yeah, there aren't any foreign characters, good to see.

Yeah, the 9999 folder is actually just a blank placeholder. Nothing to worry about. It's just how the Engine determines how to save the filefolder names.

I made a few suggestions in the other post you have for TnC, but I'll paste it here as well so that in case this topic is read by others they can try the suggestions.
    I also have some news for Sweet Pool, since last time, I finished Makoto's route (thanks walkthrough and high velocity skip), made a third save of a new game for Zenya's route, and when I tried to load this save, it worked.
    The first two still don't load, but the third one, made in the third slot from the left, works fine.

So yeah, what the hell and why xD I'm guessing that particular slot works, and I'll go with it for now xD I'll come again if anything new shows up.
    Last edited by Alexchan; 10-20-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I also have some news for Sweet Pool, since last time, I finished Makoto's route (thanks walkthrough and high velocity skip), made a third save of a new game for Zenya's route, and when I tried to load this save, it worked.
    The first two still don't load, but the third one, made in the third slot from the left, works fine.

So yeah, what the hell and why xD I'm guessing that particular slot works, and I'll go with it for now xD I'll come again if anything new shows up.

Good grief. XD Here's a thought; try loading the good save, then re-saving it over the other two slots, closing the game, loading it and trying to load them again. Maybe they just corrupted while saving? Ah well.

Have fun while you can! XD Hopefully I don't run into that problem when I play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast