aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexchan View Post
    Hello Kojichan !

Thanks for your fast reply No problem, I can answer I'm on Windows 7.
    And there's the screenshot, hope it helps :
    Attachment 165561

I also tried installing it under Program Files too but it doesn't change anything.
    By the way I tried installing Sweet Pool yesterday (and unmounted TnC that's why you can't see it on the left) and it works fine too. I just encountered a save problem with this game but I'll go on another topic for that x)
    So I do manage to launch games but not TnC, this is weird :/
    Oops! Your screenshot isn't working.

And Sweet Pool isn't saving? Hmm, I'll see you in the other topic, then. ;D Hahaha.
    (Sweet Pool reminds me of Saya no Uta, like, a LOT. Music, tone, grittyness... At least just from the title/intro. @@;;; )

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Makoto Tachibana (L6)(S030) VirusClear (L9)
    Trip (L8)Izaya (L3)Okita (L9)
    Shoot, it was working yesterday xD let me try again :

2014-10-16_144431.jpg

Yeah I like Sweet Pool so far luckily I played with the walkthrough and I managed to go back to where I was with the nitro skip x)

For TnC I noticed that the files remained on my system even after uninstalling it (both in Program Files and in the other folder I created). I deleted everything before trying again from scratch. I may wait for your ideas before doing anything.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shoot, it was working yesterday xD let me try again :

2014-10-16_144431.jpg

Yeah I like Sweet Pool so far luckily I played with the walkthrough and I managed to go back to where I was with the nitro skip x)

For TnC I noticed that the files remained on my system even after uninstalling it (both in Program Files and in the other folder I created). I deleted everything before trying again from scratch. I may wait for your ideas before doing anything.
    Hmm, everything looks fine. Thank you for the screen shot, by the way!

Let's try going in another direction, a couple of things...

First, do you have an Antivirus software? Like McAffee, Norton or AVAST! or something that extreme? (Windows Defender/Security Essentials is fine). I know some antivirus' are picky...

Have you tried running as an administrator? Sometimes when you download programs from the internet, Windows will 'Block' the EXE and prevent you from doing certain things with them.

Right-click on the 'togainunochi.exe' and select 'Properties' from the bottom. Look for something similar to this image here, ignore the fact that it's for DMMdrc, and just look at the bottom Red circle. That button there, if it exists, means the Program is being blocked from performing certain functions. Try unblocking it if it is set that way.

dmmdre_crack_properties.png

Lastly, it might be a program conflict. This one's really out of left-field, though, so it's a bit drastic.

Sometimes drivers from other programs/games end up running in memory whether you're using them or not, and conflict with other programs (Hence, the Antivirus I was talking about earlier). We can test if something is conflicting, by using a program called 'Sandboxie'. (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie)

Sandboxie is a program that 'wraps around' another. When it's installed (and after you restart), you can now right-click on programs and select the option 'Run in Sandboxie'. The program will then run in a sandboxed enviroment, where the memory is locked specifically to the program being run, and nothing can interfere. So this prevents Virus', Malware, and driver conflicts from encroaching on how a program runs.

(Running internet browsers through Sandboxie, for example, will prevent Virus' from adverts from running.)

If you can try running TnC through that, it might work. I know I had to use Sandboxie to install a few games, because the InstallShield program wouldn't run from a driver conflict.

Good luck with these suggestions, and let me know how it works!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, everything looks fine. Thank you for the screen shot, by the way!

Let's try going in another direction, a couple of things...

First, do you have an Antivirus software? Like McAffee, Norton or AVAST! or something that extreme? (Windows Defender/Security Essentials is fine). I know some antivirus' are picky...

Have you tried running as an administrator? Sometimes when you download programs from the internet, Windows will 'Block' the EXE and prevent you from doing certain things with them.

Right-click on the 'togainunochi.exe' and select 'Properties' from the bottom. Look for something similar to this image here, ignore the fact that it's for DMMdrc, and just look at the bottom Red circle. That button there, if it exists, means the Program is being blocked from performing certain functions. Try unblocking it if it is set that way.

dmmdre_crack_properties.png

Lastly, it might be a program conflict. This one's really out of left-field, though, so it's a bit drastic.

Sometimes drivers from other programs/games end up running in memory whether you're using them or not, and conflict with other programs (Hence, the Antivirus I was talking about earlier). We can test if something is conflicting, by using a program called 'Sandboxie'. (Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie)

Sandboxie is a program that 'wraps around' another. When it's installed (and after you restart), you can now right-click on programs and select the option 'Run in Sandboxie'. The program will then run in a sandboxed enviroment, where the memory is locked specifically to the program being run, and nothing can interfere. So this prevents Virus', Malware, and driver conflicts from encroaching on how a program runs.

(Running internet browsers through Sandboxie, for example, will prevent Virus' from adverts from running.)

If you can try running TnC through that, it might work. I know I had to use Sandboxie to install a few games, because the InstallShield program wouldn't run from a driver conflict.

Good luck with these suggestions, and let me know how it works!
    Thanks for all your suggestions !

And I have some news, you're never gonna believe this. After uninstalling the game, installing it again, try, uninstall, install, try... Again and again, at some point, the game launched. And I didn't do ANYTHING different. o_o But the joy didn't last long, since it doesn't launch anymore again xD I don't know HOW and WHY it worked that time xD the only thing I did was to delete the desktop shortcut and run the game with the image of the disk (by clicking on "game start"), but that worked only one time, for some unknown reason. ¬_¬

So I tried your suggestions : I have Norton, and tried running the game with both Norton enabled and disabled and nothing changed.
    I tried running it as administrator, still nothing.
    When I go to properties, I don't have the security part you're saying, so I guess it's unblocked. I still went to the security tab and modified the rights to "total control" for every users, just in case, but nothing.

So my only option for now is to try Sandboxie, which seems to be quite interesting.
    I'll let you know as soon as possible, since I can't now ; I'm downloading the game "No, thank you!!" so I can't restart the computer yet, it's a 4Go file... 5 hours remaining... xD
    But I'll go download Sandboxie right away and try as soon as I can !

EDIT : soooo here I come again after trying sandboxie.
    When I try to run togainunochi.exe I got that window pop up at me saying that there's a file error, it doesn't find the file script\product.ini

2014-10-21_013448.jpg

Maybe it's the root of my problem ? Maybe I'm missing a file ? But it did run one time... aaaarrrgh >~<
    Last edited by Alexchan; 10-20-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thanks for all your suggestions !

And I have some news, you're never gonna believe this. After uninstalling the game, installing it again, try, uninstall, install, try... Again and again, at some point, the game launched. And I didn't do ANYTHING different. o_o But the joy didn't last long, since it doesn't launch anymore again xD I don't know HOW and WHY it worked that time xD the only thing I did was to delete the desktop shortcut and run the game with the image of the disk (by clicking on "game start"), but that worked only one time, for some unknown reason. ¬_¬

So I tried your suggestions : I have Norton, and tried running the game with both Norton enabled and disabled and nothing changed.
    I tried running it as administrator, still nothing.
    When I go to properties, I don't have the security part you're saying, so I guess it's unblocked. I still went to the security tab and modified the rights to "total control" for every users, just in case, but nothing.

So my only option for now is to try Sandboxie, which seems to be quite interesting.
    I'll let you know as soon as possible, since I can't now ; I'm downloading the game "No, thank you!!" so I can't restart the computer yet, it's a 4Go file... 5 hours remaining... xD
    But I'll go download Sandboxie right away and try as soon as I can !

EDIT : soooo here I come again after trying sandboxie.
    When I try to run togainunochi.exe I got that window pop up at me saying that there's a file error, it doesn't find the file script\product.ini

2014-10-21_013448.jpg

Maybe it's the root of my problem ? Maybe I'm missing a file ? But it did run one time... aaaarrrgh >~<

Thanks for putting up with all my inane trials.

But I'm glad Sandboxie helped! That file that it's looking for, is actually embedded in the Script file. Or it should be.

May I ask if you've tried to run TnC WITHOUT installing the English Patch yet?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for putting up with all my inane trials.

But I'm glad Sandboxie helped! That file that it's looking for, is actually embedded in the Script file. Or it should be.

May I ask if you've tried to run TnC WITHOUT installing the English Patch yet?
    Thanks to you for giving me ideas to try out xD

Actually sandboxie didn't help at all yet because I got this message for the missing file showing up everytime.
    Yep I tried without the english patch too, still no results.
    There's something I don't understand though, the game DID run by itself (without sandboxie) one time, and the fact is that I did nothing different from all the times I tried before... I don't get it xD

Is there a particular thing to do in order to make sandboxie find the "script\product.ini" file ?

Edit : oh and I forgot to say, I was watching some tutorials on youtube for TnC and that remembered me that years ago I did manage to run TnC on my pc, using Applocale. The english patch wasn't out yet and the kanjis were a perfect mess and illisible back then, my game had some font issues, so I didn't keep the game.
    So today I put back my system locale in French (I'm French) and tried with Applocale, but still nothing xD I came back to Japanese.
    This game definitely hates me xD
    Last edited by Alexchan; 10-21-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thanks to you for giving me ideas to try out xD

Actually sandboxie didn't help at all yet because I got this message for the missing file showing up everytime.
    Yep I tried without the english patch too, still no results.
    There's something I don't understand though, the game DID run by itself (without sandboxie) one time, and the fact is that I did nothing different from all the times I tried before... I don't get it xD

Is there a particular thing to do in order to make sandboxie find the "script\product.ini" file ?

Edit : oh and I forgot to say, I was watching some tutorials on youtube for TnC and that remembered me that years ago I did manage to run TnC on my pc, using Applocale. The english patch wasn't out yet and the kanjis were a perfect mess and illisible back then, my game had some font issues, so I didn't keep the game.
    So today I put back my system locale in French (I'm French) and tried with Applocale, but still nothing xD I came back to Japanese.
    This game definitely hates me xD
    Sorry! I didn't know that error message was popping up even outside of Sandboxie, t'was the first time I heard of it. ^^;

Anywho... The game isn't really asking for that file, per se. It's checking to see if it exists outside of the PAK files. I just ran a test to see what files the program looks for, and it looks like that is a file that it'd use to see if there were any extra patches, or other instructions for it before loading the PAK files.

Directly after checking for "Script/product.ini", it immediately looks for PAK files. ALL of them, then cycles through them to find the aforementioned file. The only thing I can think of, is that the EXE isn't finding that one file inside the other PAK files. And if the Japanese version of the game outright isn't working, either, I wonder if it's having problems finding PAK files?

This one is a bit of a sticky pickle. (And no worry about the French thing. It's not related to that, I tested on my own french computer)

It's possible that the brief moment in time that it DID work, was when you had just freshly installed the Japanese version, but just before running the English patcher. As the English patcher does alter the existing files, maybe your antivirus thought it was bad and the patching process was borked? The filesize for the script file is correct, but there's no guarantee that it's the correct data inside of it.

I'm honestly not sure at this point, especially without whipping out my debugging/hacking tools. XP;; How confident/computer saavy do you feel? Or maybe could you upload your "script.pak" somewhere so I could download it and compare it with mine? *confused*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sorry! I didn't know that error message was popping up even outside of Sandboxie, t'was the first time I heard of it. ^^;

Anywho... The game isn't really asking for that file, per se. It's checking to see if it exists outside of the PAK files. I just ran a test to see what files the program looks for, and it looks like that is a file that it'd use to see if there were any extra patches, or other instructions for it before loading the PAK files.

Directly after checking for "Script/product.ini", it immediately looks for PAK files. ALL of them, then cycles through them to find the aforementioned file. The only thing I can think of, is that the EXE isn't finding that one file inside the other PAK files. And if the Japanese version of the game outright isn't working, either, I wonder if it's having problems finding PAK files?

This one is a bit of a sticky pickle. (And no worry about the French thing. It's not related to that, I tested on my own french computer)

It's possible that the brief moment in time that it DID work, was when you had just freshly installed the Japanese version, but just before running the English patcher. As the English patcher does alter the existing files, maybe your antivirus thought it was bad and the patching process was borked? The filesize for the script file is correct, but there's no guarantee that it's the correct data inside of it.

I'm honestly not sure at this point, especially without whipping out my debugging/hacking tools. XP;; How confident/computer saavy do you feel? Or maybe could you upload your "script.pak" somewhere so I could download it and compare it with mine? *confused*
    Ooooh okay I get it, it might be the problem then.

I tried to install the game without Norton activated, tried to run it without and with the english patch, but nothing.
    I uploaded my two script.pak files (the one from the japanese version and the one from the english patch) for you on Google Drive, here's the link, you can download them from there, just click the blue button :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-k...ew?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have problems downloading them, I'll try something else or send them to you by email.

Maybe it's an ISO problem then ? May I try it with another ISO file ? Maybe if you can upload yours ?

And thank you for bearing with me and spend some of your time to help me xD without you I would've given up a long time ago xD (hope my english isn't that bad though xD)
    Last edited by Alexchan; 10-22-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ooooh okay I get it, it might be the problem then.

I tried to install the game without Norton activated, tried to run it without and with the english patch, but nothing.
    I uploaded my two script.pak files (the one from the japanese version and the one from the english patch) for you on Google Drive, here's the link, you can download them from there, just click the blue button :

Let me know if you have problems downloading them, I'll try something else or send them to you by email.

Maybe it's an ISO problem then ? May I try it with another ISO file ? Maybe if you can upload yours ?

And thank you for bearing with me and spend some of your time to help me xD without you I would've given up a long time ago xD (hope my english isn't that bad though xD)
    Might be an ISO thing, but the game checks for the "script/product.ini" file after it's confirmed the CD is in the drive.

Anyway, I compared the "[English Patch] Script.pak" with mine, and they're identical. Although, That other "Script.pak" file you have, where is that one from?? It's not the original one that came with TnC, is it? ... Strangely, it does run in my version of TNC, but it's completely the wrong size compared to mine.

Well, that isn't the problematic file, is it? Huh... Well, I can maybe see if you're interested in Remote viewing/sharing your computer so I could muck about and try some things, but that's all with your consent of course.

Not too sure...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Might be an ISO thing, but the game checks for the "script/product.ini" file after it's confirmed the CD is in the drive.

Anyway, I compared the "[English Patch] Script.pak" with mine, and they're identical. Although, That other "Script.pak" file you have, where is that one from?? It's not the original one that came with TnC, is it? ... Strangely, it does run in my version of TNC, but it's completely the wrong size compared to mine.

Well, that isn't the problematic file, is it? Huh... Well, I can maybe see if you're interested in Remote viewing/sharing your computer so I could muck about and try some things, but that's all with your consent of course.

Not too sure...
    Yeah it's the file I have in the TnC folder right after installing the game, before touching anything and before putting the one from the english patch instead. You said it's different from yours ?? What if I try your file, and see what happens ?
    So... if the original one seem different, since I put the english one instead, it would not be a problem then...
    Well yeah I guess we should try remote viewing so you can see by yourself x) how does it work ? What do you need to do that ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast