aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi Extra/Game Progress Disappearing?

Could anyone help me? Everytime I finish a route, the extra section appears (but shows only the CGs and scenes I played through on the same particular time I finished the route), but when I exit the game and start it again, it disappears. I tried finishing several routes on skip mode on one playtime and all the extras did appear, but after exiting, they disappeared as always. Because of the routes not saving, I can't unlock the choices necessary for Shiki and True routes and it's driving me crazy - and I don't want to skip through all that again only for my unlocked choices and progress to disappear again after I take a break. Please, does anyone know a solution for this? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's the first time it occured to me in any visual novel. Thanks in advance!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akimori View Post
    Could anyone help me? Everytime I finish a route, the extra section appears (but shows only the CGs and scenes I played through on the same particular time I finished the route), but when I exit the game and start it again, it disappears. I tried finishing several routes on skip mode on one playtime and all the extras did appear, but after exiting, they disappeared as always. Because of the routes not saving, I can't unlock the choices necessary for Shiki and True routes and it's driving me crazy - and I don't want to skip through all that again only for my unlocked choices and progress to disappear again after I take a break. Please, does anyone know a solution for this? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's the first time it occured to me in any visual novel. Thanks in advance!
    Hello Akimori! ^_^

The problem you're experiencing, is that Togainu no Chi actually cannot save properly. It can keep in memory your save file, but it cannot physically save the file, as there is something preventing it.

By default, TnC will save it's files in the exact same folder that it was installed to. Back in 2001-2004 this was not an issue. But with many Viruses and Malwares, Windows and Antivirus programs have actually learned to prevent programs from adding or editing files in these types of installations.

In this particular situation, it sounds like TnC was installed into a directory like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血

Most programs in the "Program Files" folders will be explicitly controlled so it cannot save or edit files there.

You can try running Togainu no Chi with administration privileges, but your best bet is to always install your games in a different folder.

I have made a new folder on my computer called "Games" (C:\Games\), and I install mine there. This prevents the above problem, and also makes it easier to cut/paste/move/patch my games. If the running as administrator privileges option doesn't work, you can try installing TnC somewhere else.

I hope that helps!