aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Waruru

DRAMAtical Murder Problems (urgent?)

Hello,
    I just created this account because I really need help.

I'm trying to run DMMd on my friend's PC, but no matter what I do, I get a black window and it closes immediately.
    I am already opening the DMMd_crack_for_ver110.exe.

I already did the following things:
    -Download the game via Fuwanovel (requires no installation)
    -Download the full game (ISO+Update+Crack, manual installation)
    -Update DirectX to the latest version
    -Changed the PC Locale to Japan
    -Right click>Properties>Compatibility>Disable Visual Themes and Desktop Composition
    -Run the game as an Administrator

On my PC it works just fine, I spent more than 11h in game, but it doesn't work on her PC.
    She really wants to play it and I don't know what I can do anymore. ;-;
    I thought it could be her hardware, so I opened DXDiag. Here's the system info:
    system.png

Please help me!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waruru View Post
    Hello,
    I just created this account because I really need help.

I'm trying to run DMMd on my friend's PC, but no matter what I do, I get a black window and it closes immediately.
    I am already opening the DMMd_crack_for_ver110.exe.

I already did the following things:
    -Download the game via Fuwanovel (requires no installation)
    -Download the full game (ISO+Update+Crack, manual installation)
    -Update DirectX to the latest version
    -Changed the PC Locale to Japan
    -Right click>Properties>Compatibility>Disable Visual Themes and Desktop Composition
    -Run the game as an Administrator

On my PC it works just fine, I spent more than 11h in game, but it doesn't work on her PC.
    She really wants to play it and I don't know what I can do anymore. ;-;
    I thought it could be her hardware, so I opened DXDiag. Here's the system info:
    system.png

Please help me!
    Hello Waruru and friend!

You mentioned that you downloaded it from Fuwanovel.

Two things to keep in mind:
    1) DMMd uses a serial program to authenticate the game, to make sure it's official. A way of doing this, is to set up the computer registry with a "note", that says the game can run. This "Note" is usually done when the game is installed from a DVD.

When you download the Fuwanovel, this process isn't done, so you need to do it manually by running the program named "SdActi.exe". It's icon looks like a neon glowing battery. Just run it once, and then CLOSE IT IMMEDIATELY. You don't need to enter in any code or anything. This usually sets the "note", so the game can run properly. (This is noted on the fuwanovel page, that you should do this prior to running the game.)

2) If you downloaded from Fuwanovel, you most likely used a Torrent. A Torrent, by default, will LOCK files that it is working with, to prevent them from being used by the computer. If you are still running the torrent program when running the game, it will also fail to run properly.

When you're done downloading the game, please MOVE/Cut and Paste the game somewhere else. A good place is to create a new folder on your drive C:\, your main harddrive, called "Games", and move the downloaded DMMd folder there. Like this:

C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\DRAMAtical Murder\

Let me know if that works for you!

There! ^_^