aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Dramatical Murder Installation?

Or maybe just some reassurance?

So I'm sure there's been a lot of people having issues with downloading games on here, but rather than trudging through countless threads that may not have the information I need, I just thought that I would create a new topic. Please, if I missed an obvious guide that's floating around, feel free to yell at me. I'd love to be pointed in the right direction while you're grumbling at me, though!

Anyway, I've known of Dramatical Murder since the game was first released. I never paid much mind to it, because I really can't understand how to bypass the whole region thing with games, let alone making it all work. But, because of the recent anime adaption, I've been really wanting to play this game. However, I'm absolutely terrified that I'll mess up, and I'd love to know the best way to go about getting and installing this game.

After a bit of poking around, I've found Fuwanovel's source to be the easiest way to go for my simple brain. Has anyone downloaded from them, and has the guide that they have provided as a link to be as easy to follow as it looks? It seems that a lot of people are having trouble about a blank, black screen that quickly closes up when someone tries to open up the game's file, but the main suggestion to fix this is seemingly because they haven't changed their region to Japanese? Is it harder to change the locale than I think it is? And though it may be an impractical worry, will it be easy to change the locale back to English? I've got a ton of other games on my computer, and I really don't want them to get messed up while trying to figure out how to play this one visual novel game, regardless of how badly I want to play it.

Also - should the computer's locale be changed before or after trying to download and install the game? Or does it even matter?

Will there be a need for any other programs, other than Bittorent?

I feel like such an idiot for being so confused by this, but I know that I will definitely not be one of the lucky ones to install the game and not experience any problems. So I just want to try and do as much as I can right before I run into whatever problem my computer deems fit to throw at me. Thanks so much to whoever reads this, though! I would really appreciate any help that you can throw my way.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akira TnC (L1)Usami (L2)Ritsuka (L7)
    Luka Crosszeria (L1)Yuki UB (L1)Shiki (L2)
    Rin TnC (L1)Yoite (L2)Miharu (L5)

Red face

Hi dear
    I'm going to try to answer this important facts ... So, sorry for my bad english :c

Quote Originally Posted by Fabel View Post
    It seems that a lot of people are having trouble about a blank, black screen that quickly closes up when someone tries to open up the game's file, but the main suggestion to fix this is seemingly because they haven't changed their region to Japanese? Is it harder to change the locale than I think it is?
    It's not too difficult to set it . You have to:
    Head on over to the Control Panel, and click on Regional and Language Settings.
    Click the Administrative tab, then Change System Locale … . On this tab, change the system locale to Japan (Japanese).
    Source:
    Code:
    http://meganecchi.tumblr.com/dmmdsetup

And though it may be an impractical worry, will it be easy to change the locale back to English?
    It's the same process to change it to Japanese or English or any other language

Also - should the computer's locale be changed before or after trying to download and install the game? Or does it even matter?
    I recommend to change it before the installation process , but there's no problem if you set the regional language after you have installed the game.

Will there be a need for any other programs, other than Bittorent?
    Hmmmm... Daemon Tools (to mount the .iso file) and winrar or 7zip xD

In fact, I have an installation tutorial of this game, but it's in spanish :/ so... If you're interested, send me a private message or you can search for videos in youtube about how to install it :3 ORRRR... In the link of the first question explains how to install it
    Code:
    http://meganecchi.tumblr.com/dmmdsetup
    Greetings n_n

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much for your reply! I guess that I was just incredibly nervous about having to change the locale and the off-chance that it would for some reason cause my computer to have a meltdown. That, and the longer guides made my head spin from the complexity. xD I swear, I'm way too simple-minded for this stuff!

I finally just tried it out by going with Fuwanovel's source, and the game is actually working. I'm so glad, and grateful, for sure. Thank you for your help, it was definitely what I needed. Don't worry about your English either, it's great! :3

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Akira TnC (L1)Usami (L2)Ritsuka (L7)
    Luka Crosszeria (L1)Yuki UB (L1)Shiki (L2)
    Rin TnC (L1)Yoite (L2)Miharu (L5)
    I'm glad to hear that!!

Greetings